• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7th Gen Poke Finder

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Poke Finder was a feature in S/M US/UM only where if you came to a spot on the map with a camera symbol, you can take pictures of wild Pokemon. You are only required to use the Poke Finder feature in story once during the Ghost type Island Trial. There are five different versions of the Poke Finder that will unlock more features. You unlock these other version by getting a certain amount of thumbs up.

Did you ever bother with Poke Finder and did you ever get Version 5? What did you think of this feature?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 28, 2021
Woah, I can't even recall this feature to be honest. Did you? Thanks for sharing.

Years
I never used it. It was an interesting mini game to put in there. I think it was put in there to be similar to Pokémon Snap. I appreciate the sentiment of them putting it in there, but ultimately never used it.

Years
I've used it total of 2 times during my first playthrough. Once when the game shows you this feature and then during the Ghost Trial. It don't think I've even noticed single place I could use it and I don't remember there being really a reason to use it, aside from the upgrades. It could've been Snap minigame, but is pretty useless like it is in the game.

Back