• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Worst Shiny Experience

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
One of mine?

Finding a random encounter Shiny Golduck around Black City (can't remember which route). I caught it, feeling really awesome.

Few days later, had a loose screw in my brain, and traded it. Haven't seen another random shiny since.

I still search desperately for it in my PC boxes to this day, with the small hope of finding it.

Minato Arisato

Memento mori...
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
I ran into a shiny Riolu in Black a year ago. I accidentally made it faint when my starter landed a critical hit on the poor thing. I'm still bitter about it.

Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2013
The ONLY shiny pokemon I've ever seen in the wild is a Ralts. Do you want to know where? It was the one Wally caught in Emerald. -_- You heard me. I had to fight a shiny Gardevoir the rest of the game. I wanted to cry when I saw that thing.
What's your worst experience with a shiny Pokemon?
Just for the record, I challenge anyone to come up with anything worse than what happened to me. Hahahaha.

I had a similar experience, except it was the Poochyena that made Birch his *****, I had no Pokeballs so I had to kill it begrundigly ...

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2013
I don't take it as a bad shiny experience but I would like to share it to you..
I was training my nuzlocke team at seafoam islands when i ran into a shiny seel.
but, i dont have any pokeballs, except, i have a master ball. But with my love for shiny pokemon, i was forced 2throw my master ball.

Guy

just a guy
Years
The ONLY shiny pokemon I've ever seen in the wild is a Ralts. Do you want to know where? It was the one Wally caught in Emerald. -_- You heard me. I had to fight a shiny Gardevoir the rest of the game. I wanted to cry when I saw that thing.

Just for the record, I challenge anyone to come up with anything worse than what happened to me. Hahahaha.
Yeah, I doubt there's much that can top what happened to you. That sucks, dude.

As for me, I was fishing in my sister's LeafGreen out in Cerulean City when I randomly came across a golden Magikarp. Her Pokémon were too strong to attack it so I had to resort to using the little Pokéballs she had left in her bag. It was probably the most stubborn Magikarp I came across, because not for anything would it just stay in the darn Pokéball. Suffice to say, I never managed to catch it.

Back