• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
My question is: Is there a way to increase the shinies encounter chance?
Yes, but not without ASM. However, I have "faked" it before by using HackMew's Shinyizer and then placing random tiles everywhere which make the next Pokemon you see become shiny. If you would like to see a good example of this, play Ultra Violet by Locksmitharmy. This is how he did it.

How about if I want to give a certain trainer a Shiny Pokémon?
Once again, if you use HackMew's Shinyizer, you can control when a shiny appears. By setting the var it uses (which the exact number escapes me at the moment) you can change how many shinies appear. Let's say you set it to 5. Then the next 5 pokemon you encounter, both wild and against trainers, will be shiny.

EDIT: Also, sorry for asking too many times. >.< But, is it possible to make a battle not send you to the Pokécenter if you lose? ... The only way I can do it so far, is using that 0x9 battle (or was it 0x3?) the one where the wild Professor Oak annoys you with his boring talk. lol
Not without hacking the sethealing place command to add more locations and then have you just get warped to the same spot you battled on or adding a new trainer battle type which disregards the sethealingplace command and just continues the script no matter what. That would be the best. For many hackers, for example in Cutlerine's Snakewood, who couldn't do this had you lose and then the next time you came back to that spot, the script picked up where you left off by means of a flag.

Anyway, I don't think it would be easy to be done if it was possible... So, is it possible to make a script that does some Hex editing? To allow me to, say, edit the description/effect/...etc of a Move and such.

Hex editing is editing the ROM. The ROM is Read Only Memory. Which means, of course, that while playing it, you can only read, no changing. The only way to do what you suggest, it to force the game to copy the data into the RAM before using it. There you can manipulate it to your liking using ASM or script commands such as setfarbyte.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No, I am hacking FireRed. It also has JPAN's hacked engine applied. Here is the script but as I said before, it is just a simple talking script-

Try this:

Code:
'---------------
#org 0x162601
lock
msgbox 0x816260B 0x2 '"I have heard that you can get your..."
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x16260B
= I have heard that you can get your\nfirst pokemon from PokeAgents in\lGENESIS City.

Because you are using msgbox type 0x2, the lock and release are not necessary, but sometimes it just helps solidify things.

Last edited:

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
No, it is still not working. Also, I noticed one thing- After I compile the script and open it again, the end has been replaced by cmdc3 0x0. I don't know why it happens.

Years
I just wondering, is it possible to create a givepokemon script that gives you pokemon with some certain condition? like maxed EV stats, or with certain moves, and such

karatekid552

Years
I just wondering, is it possible to create a givepokemon script that gives you pokemon with some certain condition? like maxed EV stats, or with certain moves, and such

With some work, yes. You could find the empty slot using a special, give the pokemon, then, using JPAN's Decrypting Pokemon Data (ASM Code) [that is the title of the thread], mess with the stats and such.

Now just one more fix and I can continue working in my hack. I used this tutorial to add 2 new palettes-

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=275160

I inserted two new OW's with these palettes. In OW Editor Rebirth, they looked fine. But in VBA, their palette is messed up. And guess what, the palettes are working right in No$.

This is due to the way palettes overwrite each other. I have done a lot of research on this but I have yet to be able to control how palettes decide which one's stay and which get booted. You see, there are only 16 palette slots for OAM's and in the OW data, you can chose which slot the OW's palette will take up. You can also control which OW palettes get preference to a slot over another, though I haven't quite figured it out.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2016
From my knowledge, I would say that it is randomly based on a givepokemon script. However, I have three more theorys:

1) A pokemon is created in slot one of where the opossing trainer's pokemon are stored during a battle. This pokemon is created and then nicknamed and then put in your party.

2) The pokemon is given to you, and then the game edits the nickname and gives it the proper hold item.

3) The whole pokemon's data is stored in the rom somewhere and it is just copied into your party.

If you could discover which it is, then you could manipulate the checksum and PID to force it to be a certain gender using ASM, or in the last case, just changeing some hex bytes.

As I said, these are just theorys, but one of them has got to work.

I would say that it's definitely not option 1) and it is most likely option 3). Trader Advanced is a tool that allows for editing of IVs, nature, and ability, so I assume that the offset of this information is known. I just find it surprising that it isn't documented elsewhere.

I have an idea, though.

karatekid552

Years
I would say that it's definitely not option 1) and it is most likely option 3). Trader Advanced is a tool that allows for editing of IVs, nature, and ability, so I assume that the offset of this information is known. I just find it surprising that it isn't documented elsewhere.

I have an idea, though.

I'm going to boot up trainer advanced and check it out. I haven't gotten a chance to play around with it yet, and I downloaded it about 4 months ago.XD

Edit: I have looked at it, and yes, you are correct. The data is just copied over. Now, you need to learn about pokemon data encryption and how the PID works. This is what controls gender. Please note that this won't be easy, but it can be done.

BTW: The trade is at 0x26CF8C on FR.

Last edited:

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Edit: I have looked at it, and yes, you are correct. The data is just copied over. Now, you need to learn about pokemon data encryption and how the PID works. This is what controls gender. Please note that this won't be easy, but it can be done.

The PID isn't encrypted. However, modifying the PID also modifies the nature and such, so it's not as easy as you make it out to be, sadly.

karatekid552

Years
The PID isn't encrypted. However, modifying the PID also modifies the nature and such, so it's not as easy as you make it out to be, sadly.

I just said it won't be easy:p. Also, I know that the PID isn't encrypted. However, it is part of the encryption key, so you will have to know about that in order to edit it. Right?

Jambo: we should just rewrite this whole Pokemon loading business to be completely unencrypted and super simple.XD

DonDon151: these three pages will help you a lot:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_data_structure_in_Generation_III
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Personality
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_data_substructures_in_the_GBA

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2021
I believe that you may have corrupted the map palettes, which you can restore, but it will take some time and effort. The best and easiest way is to go back to a back-up and make them quite frequently.

Well that's unfortunate. Ah well, thanks anyway.

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
Hey guys just wondering how to edit the mums faint script. I have decompiled the mums offset it and can't find it at all.

2) And I have no idea how to apply "movesprite2". It never seems to permanently move the person event no. I choose.

eg 'movesprite2 0x01 0x03 0x03' does not work, in fact it doesn't even move the person at all.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
2) And I have no idea how to apply "movesprite2". It never seems to permanently move the person event no. I choose.

eg 'movesprite2 0x01 0x03 0x03' does not work, in fact it doesn't even move the person at all.

Based on experience, [movesprite2] works well on level scripts only.
e.g. when you enter a new map, the level script will run and [movesprite2] will happen, depending on your code as well.

Based on experience as well, it doesn't seem to work on person/script tile script events, only on level scripts.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
I just said it won't be easy:p. Also, I know that the PID isn't encrypted. However, it is part of the encryption key, so you will have to know about that in order to edit it. Right?

You'd need to update the checksum certainly, and I think you'd need to re-do the encrypted data accordingly. Or, you could just work out the new PID and have the encrypter do all that for you. What did you think the encrypter was for?

Obviously, once you have a suitable Pokémon in game, you can then copy that data into the ROM for the purposes you want.

Jambo: we should just rewrite this whole Pokemon loading business to be completely unencrypted and super simple.XD

Someone I know has already done so. However it carries issues in terms of compatibility with other ROMs, so it's not ideal.

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
This is due to the way palettes overwrite each other. I have done a lot of research on this but I have yet to be able to control how palettes decide which one's stay and which get booted. You see, there are only 16 palette slots for OAM's and in the OW data, you can chose which slot the OW's palette will take up. You can also control which OW palettes get preference to a slot over another, though I haven't quite figured it out.

So does it means that I can't add new palettes for OWs?

karatekid552

Years
So does it means that I can't add new palettes for OWs?

No, you can, you just need to learn more about OW data and how it works. The most current table I have seen is here:
Spoiler:
which came with JPAN's instructions for his Hacked Engine.

You'd need to update the checksum certainly, and I think you'd need to re-do the encrypted data accordingly. Or, you could just work out the new PID and have the encrypter do all that for you. What did you think the encrypter was for?

Obviously, once you have a suitable Pokémon in game, you can then copy that data into the ROM for the purposes you want.

What is the encryptor? If it a program which will create new Pokemon with correct checksums and such, then I have wasted a lot of time.....

Someone I know has already done so. However it carries issues in terms of compatibility with other ROMs, so it's not ideal.

I was more just joking, but that is pretty cool.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2016
In the Move Tutor Editor, there are slots for 16 moves. However, it seems that enabling a move in the last slot to be learnable by any given Pokemon renders all Move Tutor moves learnable by that Pokemon. Does that mean that there can only be 15 Move Tutor moves in FireRed?

LaDestitute

Razor Sharp
Years
I've got a question: Is it possible, or if so, how do I add new Pokemon (adding +60 new Pokemon/Fakemon) without replacing existing ones? I prefer to if I could, since I don't really want to replace existing Pokemon. I've only used tools (mostly sprite editors, and PokeEditPro/YAPE) so far to rom hack, so I have very little hex editing experience but I have a small amount of programming experience, so I could catch on pretty fast.

I'm also using Jambo's 649 patch with FireRed, but I'm still figuring out the workings of that. I mean, I did patch properly and it works fine aside from issues with PEP/YAPE reading the rom.

I've done several searches and looked through the research/development and tutorial sub-forums, but can't find anything useful. I did find one tutorial, but that was with replacing ??? Pokemon. I've seen tutorials/guides for adding new items, moves, and such, and yet none for actually adding new Pokemon.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 16, 2013
When editing the Rival's OWs with Fire Red, during the lab sequence, the rival doesn't display his turning sprite or backwards sprite, instead constantly facing the camera while sliding along the floor. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong with NSE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back