• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Hive: Bug-type Pokémon Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
This is a fan club for Bug-type Pokémon ONLY

How to sign up:

Preferred username [required]
Partner Pokémon [required]
Pick a 6-Pokémon Bug-type team (include 4 moves of your choosing for each Pokémon and an item for each to hold) [optional]
Answer the current topic (Feel free to answer any of the old ones or come up with a new one if there isn't a current one) [optional] - currently disabled

Members list:

CloysterOyster
545.png

Musaddiq
451.png

AlexOzzyCake/Ozzy
540.png

Hikari10
469.png

Narnia
205.png

Powerserge
214.png

FIKRI 29
589.png

TwilightBlade
637.png

-Ahsan-
214.png

fenneking
416.png

PyroDragneer
012.png

HollowQueen
047.png

Quetzal
596.png

Pokemount
212.png

RandomMudkip
123.png

Wicked3DS/Alex
015.png

Cirno
267.png

Umbr30n
214.png

Pilkie
123.png

Sonatron
589.png

Chris
291.png

Synerjee
637.png

ShadeDraco
049.png

Nymphadora
212.png

HerculeanHero
214.png

Tiara
542.png

Ravio
046.png

AoTora
267.png

Pumpjack
127.png

Connorslad97
193.png

Sweets
015.png

ThinkingwithPokemon
664.png

Yuna
267.png

The rules:
1. No spamming
2. No trolling or bullying
3. No links to outside sites
4. No discrimination of any form
5. Enjoy the club and have fun

Current topic:

N/A (disabled for the time being)

Past topics:

Spoiler:

All the Bug-type Pokémon:

010.gif
011.gif
012.gif
013.gif
014.gif
015.gif
046.gif
047.gif
048.gif
049.gif
123.gif
127.gif
pinsir-mega.png
165.gif
166.gif
167.gif
168.gif
193.gif
204.gif
205.gif
212.gif
scizor-mega.png
213.gif
214.gif
heracross-mega.png
265.gif
266.gif
267.gif
268.gif
269.gif
283.gif
284.gif
290.gif
291.gif
292.gif
313.gif
314.gif
347.gif
348.gif
401.gif
402.gif
412.gif
412-sandy.gif
412-trash.gif
413.gif
413-sandy.gif
413-trash.gif
414.gif
415.gif
416.gif
451.gif
469.gif
540.gif
541.gif
542.gif
543.gif
544.gif
545.gif
557.gif
558.gif
588.gif
589.gif
595.gif
596.gif
616.gif
617.gif
632.gif
636.gif
637.gif
649.gif
scatterbug.png
spewpa.gif
scratch_vivillon_animated_pokemon_sprite_by_ozone_o3-d691mmf.gif

Trainers that specialize in Bug-type Pokémon:

110.gif
Bugsy of Azalea Town (Johto)
aaron.gif
Aaron of the Sinnoh Elite Four
095.gif
Burgh of Castelia City (Unova)
viola_by_theblugineergirl-d6zmiiw.png
Viola of Santalune City (Kalos)

In-battle effect items (Bug):

SilverPowder
Bag_Silver_Powder_Sprite.png
: Boosts the power of Bug-type moves by 20% when held.
Bug Gem
Bag_Bug_Gem_Sprite.png
: Increases the power of the holder's first Bug-type move by 50%, and is consumed after use.
Insect Plate
Bag_Insect_Plate_Sprite.png
: Raises the power of Bug-type moves by 20%.

38156.png

Last edited:

Dark Shadow 6

Friends Till The End
Years
Preferred username: Musaddiq
Partner Pokémon: Non Of That Bug Pokemon List (Drapion)
Favorite Bug type move: Bug Buzz
Why do you like/love Bug type
Pokémon?
I Like Bug Pokemons Because His Very Quick

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Preferred username AlexOzzyCake/Ozzy!
Partner Pokémon Sewaddle it's so cute omggg <3
Favorite Bug type move Bug Buzz! It's what makes my Yanmega shine and gives a lot of the weaker Bug Pokémon a great boost :D
Why do you like/love Bug type Pokémon? I like Bug Pokémon because they're so diverse! Bug is one of the only types that covers practically every niche you could think of. You have the speedsters like Yanmega, the attackers like Scizor, the walls like Forretress, the passers like Venomoth, and just about any other role you could think of is filled. It's why they're definitely in my top 3 types!

As for the current topic I've not watched the anime enough to be able to answer it, sorry! Perhaps a new topic would be more appropriate for a first club topic to give a more general audience a chance to sign up? :)

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username: Musaddiq
Partner Pokémon: Non Of That Bug Pokemon List (Drapion)
Favorite Bug type move: Bug Buzz
Why do you like/love Bug type
Pokémon?
I Like Bug Pokemons Because His Very Quick

Welcome to the club. Drapion turns Poison/Dark when it evolves from Skorupi, so it's no longer a Bug type. Not familiar with Bug Buzz but upon looking at it, it looks like a good move to use. Bug types are scarily quick. I don't like bugs in real life except for the nicer ones.

Preferred username AlexOzzyCake/Ozzy!
Partner Pokémon Sewaddle it's so cute omggg <3
Favorite Bug type move Bug Buzz! It's what makes my Yanmega shine and gives a lot of the weaker Bug Pokémon a great boost :D
Why do you like/love Bug type Pokémon? I like Bug Pokémon because they're so diverse! Bug is one of the only types that covers practically every niche you could think of. You have the speedsters like Yanmega, the attackers like Scizor, the walls like Forretress, the passers like Venomoth, and just about any other role you could think of is filled. It's why they're definitely in my top 3 types!

As for the current topic I've not watched the anime enough to be able to answer it, sorry! Perhaps a new topic would be more appropriate for a first club topic to give a more general audience a chance to sign up? :)

Welcome to the club. Sewaddle is a cutie. I recall an episode where Axew was playing with one. It was so cute. I like that Bug types come in just about every form and cover just about every type, very unique indeed. You should watch Ash's battles with Bugsy and Burgh, they were awesome and might influence your opinion some.

Last edited:
Years
Preferred username: Hikari10
Partner Pokémon: Yanmega
Answer the current topic: I'd probably have to say Burgh, the strategy he did by sending out Dwebble when Ash had a Fire-type out (Tepig) was a great way to catch him off-guard, also Leavanny put up a pretty good fight.
Favorite Bug type move: Bug Buzz and X-Scissor, two strong Bug attacks that greatly benefit their offensive stat of choice.
Why do you like/love Bug type Pokémon?: Bug Pokemon have very interesting designs, while they each have varying roles in battle, some being stallers who love to annoy the foe, others being all-out attackers. And it had a lot of unique type combinations to go with some of them too.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Preferred username: Narnia
Partner Pokémon: (do I really have to choose, it's impossible :[) Forretress

Favorite Bug type move
: Bug Buzz is a rather interesting move- it gives most bug Pokemon the chance to shine and become an offensive threat. It also makes them an intimidating foe with the ability to lower Special Defense. While this is pretty cool, I'd have to say I really like U-turn. It gives momentum to your team, it helps you get out of a tricky situation while inflicting damage and so tough Pokemon such as Tyranitar can't touch you with Pursuit or anything like that. In general it's a really useful move and it has helped me a lot over the years.

Why do you like/love Bug type Pokémon?
They can do almost anything! There are Pokemon such as Ninjask and Yanmega that can help give your team that extra speed while also becoming unbelievably speedy themselves. They can inflict almost every status imaginable and they're really diverse and interesting. Some of the coolest Pokemon are Bug-types, I mean look at Shedinja. That Wonder Guard ability is great and it's quite an interesting concept. There's Volbeat and Illumise with their Prankster abilites, so that they can successfully irritate the foe. You can pretty much throw a bug-type on any team and they'll shine, no matter what role they play. Whether you need a sturdy wall like Forretress, a speedy attacker like Yanmega or you're just looking for something new- bug-types can do everything that you'd ever want.

Answer the current topic:
I haven't watched the anime to know anything about the bug type trainers but I'd have to say Burgh sounds pretty cool. I've seen one episode with Venipede and the way he handled the situation calmly was rather impressive. And for that it'd have to go to Burgh, in my opinion.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username: Hikari10
Partner Pokémon: Yanmega
Answer the current topic: I'd probably have to say Burgh, the strategy he did by sending out Dwebble when Ash had a Fire-type out (Tepig) was a great way to catch him off-guard, also Leavanny put up a pretty good fight.
Favorite Bug type move: Bug Buzz and X-Scissor, two strong Bug attacks that greatly benefit their offensive stat of choice.
Why do you like/love Bug type Pokémon?: Bug Pokemon have very interesting designs, while they each have varying roles in battle, some being stallers who love to annoy the foe, others being all-out attackers. And it had a lot of unique type combinations to go with some of them too.

Welcome to the club. Yanmega gives me the willies just looking at it but it is pretty powerful and fast. Burgh sure trained his Bugs to stand up to Fire types. I liked his Whirlipede, and how it deflected attacks so easily. Bug types have been paired with almost every type. Makes them unique and hard to prepare for. Take the dual Bug/Fire combo special to Larvesta and its evolved form Volcarona, how is it a Bug is weak against Fire yet takes on Fire as a second type? 2 special Bug types right there.

Preferred username: Narnia
Partner Pokémon: (do I really have to choose, it's impossible :[) Forretress

Favorite Bug type move
: Bug Buzz is a rather interesting move- it gives most bug Pokemon the chance to shine and become an offensive threat. It also makes them an intimidating foe with the ability to lower Special Defense. While this is pretty cool, I'd have to say I really like U-turn. It gives momentum to your team, it helps you get out of a tricky situation while inflicting damage and so tough Pokemon such as Tyranitar can't touch you with Pursuit or anything like that. In general it's a really useful move and it has helped me a lot over the years.

They can do almost anything! There are Pokemon such as Ninjask and Yanmega that can help give your team that extra speed while also becoming unbelievably speedy themselves. They can inflict almost every status imaginable and they're really diverse and interesting. Some of the coolest Pokemon are Bug-types, I mean look at Shedinja. That Wonder Guard ability is great and it's quite an interesting concept. There's Volbeat and Illumise with their Prankster abilites, so that they can successfully irritate the foe. You can pretty much throw a bug-type on any team and they'll shine, no matter what role they play. Whether you need a sturdy wall like Forretress, a speedy attacker like Yanmega or you're just looking for something new- bug-types can do everything that you'd ever want.

Answer the current topic:
I haven't watched the anime to know anything about the bug type trainers but I'd have to say Burgh sounds pretty cool. I've seen one episode with Venipede and the way he handled the situation calmly was rather impressive. And for that it'd have to go to Burgh, in my opinion.

Welcome to the club. Forretress is one of my favorite Bug types, just looks interesting and interesting to use in battle. I feel bad that it's very weak against Fire because of its dual Bug/Steel combo however. I have never played the Hoenn through Unova games but alot of people tell me all these interesting facts that make me curious to know about them and play the games. I watched that episode too. Never seen so many centipede-like Pokémon in my life (I have a fear of bugs in real life, especially ones with many legs).

Last edited:

Dark Shadow 6

Friends Till The End
Years
Welcome to the club. Drapion turns
Poison/Dark when it evolves from
Skorupi, so it's no longer a Bug type.
Not familiar with Bug Buzz but upon
looking at it, it looks like a good
move to use. Bug types are scarily
quick. I don't like bugs in real life
except for the nicer ones.

Ok I Understand And

I Make Userbar For You Club:
38156.png

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
Hey again, CloysterOyster, haha

Preferred username: Powerserge

Partner Pokémon: Heracross!!!

Answer the current topic: I don't really watch the anime that much so I'm just gonna guess that it was Bugsy.

Favorite Bug type move: MEGAHORN!!!

I've always loved insects and arachnids very much. I used to collect them and draw diagrams of them. I never understood why people are creeped out by them, because they seem so interesting! Naturally, that love of bugs translated into Pokemon as well!

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Hey again, CloysterOyster, haha

Preferred username: Powerserge

Partner Pokémon: Heracross!!!

Answer the current topic: I don't really watch the anime that much so I'm just gonna guess that it was Bugsy.

Favorite Bug type move: MEGAHORN!!!

I've always loved insects and arachnids very much. I used to collect them and draw diagrams of them. I never understood why people are creeped out by them, because they seem so interesting! Naturally, that love of bugs translated into Pokemon as well!

Welcome to the club. Heracross is awesome, and so is the move Megahorn. I believe I spent a great deal of time trying to get a Heracross in the Johto era games and teaching it that. I am creeped out by most real-life bugs, like yesterday when a June bug got in my room and I couldn't find it. I like Pokémon bugs though.

Granzen

Pokefan
Years
Prefered user name : FIKRI 29
Partner pokemon : Escavalier because his design is Cool and look strong
Favorite Bug type move : Bug buzz, Megahorn and x-scizzor
Why do you like Bug type pokemon : Because Bug type have Good speed and Attack
To answer the topic
Which bug type trainer managed their Bug types the best in the Anime : Bugsy The gym leader of Azalea town

Dark Shadow 6

Friends Till The End
Years
Which Bug type trainer managed
their Bug types the best in the
anime?

I Think

VSAaron.png

Aaron Form Sinnoh

Pokemon Team:
416.gif

Special abilities
Vespiquen have three separate
signature moves which are
reportedly controlled by its
pheromones, that involve
summoning a swarm of baby
Combee, which are stored in the
honeycomb-like lower abdomen. One
is for attacking, the second is for
defending and the third is for
recovering . The red gem on their
forehead (which was developed from
the small red dot on female
Combee) allows them to use the
move Power Gem.

Behavior
Vespiquen are queens of hives of
Combee, controlling it and
protecting it, as well as giving birth
to young Combee. A Vespiquen is far
more powerful than her followers,
and will only take action if her
Combee are unable to protect the
hive. If outsiders prove themselves
to the Vespiquen by defending her
hive, she may repay their acts of
kindness with a reward.

452.gif

Special abilities
This Pokémon is very strong, and has
enough power to easily scrap a car.
It's also encased in a tough
exoskeleton and it is very poisonous.
It can rotate its head 180 degrees,
and can also extend its tail.

Behavior
Drapion is a very aggressive
Pokémon, as it attacks anything in
its territory. It also has a sturdy
build and takes pride in its
strength, being able to take down
foes without using toxins.

267.gi

Special abilities
Beautifly is capable of sapping
energy with Absorb , Mega Drain, and
Giga Drain, restoring health with
Morning Sun, and stunning their
opponents with Stun Spore. It can
also jab its long, thin mouth at foes
when attacking, or when perturbed
collecting pollen.

Behavior
Although Beautifly have a gentle
appearance, it has been known to be
very aggressive. It savagely attacks
other Pokémon by sucking their body
fluids if it is disturbed while sipping
nectar. In forested areas such as
Pokémon preserves, they can be seen
flying overhead in groups.

214.gif

Special abilities
Heracross is surprisingly strong for
its size, and is able to knock down
massive trees with its mighty horn.
Heracross can use said horn to lift
other Pokémon, and its shell is said
to be as tough as steel. Heracross is
also able to fly, and is even depicted
in the anime to be strong enough in
its flying to transport its Trainer over
limited distances.

Behavior
Heracross live in groups in deep
forests. They bite through the bark
of trees with their strong jaws to get
to the sweet sap inside. This
suggests a relation to fellow Bug-
type Pinsir, who share many of the
same habits. Heracross's eating
habits unwittingly enter them into a
symbiotic relationship with
Butterfree , who also love tree sap,
but lack the strength to get to it.
Despite their size, great strength,
and powerful horns, Heracross are
really docile creatures who prefer
peace over resorting to violence.

269.gif

Special abilities
Dustox's antennae are often used to seek out food, and its wings contain a highly poisonous dust. Despite its typing and lack of the Ability Levitate it can fly quite easily.

Dustox is nocturnal, and is instinctively drawn to light. Swarms of Dustox are attracted by the bright light of cities, where they wreak havoc by stripping the leaves off roadside trees for food. If attacked as a Cascoon, a Dustox will always remember the face of the attacker, and will seek revenge upon evolution.

What Your Think Guyz

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Prefered user name : FIKRI 29
Partner pokemon : Escavalier because his design is Cool and look strong
Favorite Bug type move : Bug buzz, Megahorn and x-scizzor
Why do you like Bug type pokemon : Because Bug type have Good speed and Attack
To answer the topic
Which bug type trainer managed their Bug types the best in the Anime : Bugsy The gym leader of Azalea town

Welcome to the club. Escavalier is a good choice. Has alot of ways to build up its defense and strength. Megahorn is the only move there I am more familiar with. Tried teaching Heracross that move in the Crystal or Silver games. I remember that battle with Bugsy in the anime, his Scyther deflecting all the Fire moves from Cyndaquil. I had a hard time beating him in the games though for some reason but managed to beat him and move on.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Should the Bug-type have retained its weakness to Poison-types? Why or why not?
I'd say no! I can understand vaguely why they'd have a Poison-type weakness, but considering how (real world) bugs are made up I don't think a weakness to Poison makes sense. Bugs tend to consist of a light body filled with countless holes (mostly for breathing) so I can't really see poison spreading through that system with ease, and considering how most bugs tend to live I just don't see Poison as being a good type against them haha. I can see why in some cases it would, but it's not a type I'd have picked.

What do you guys think? :o

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Some real-life bugs are poisonous but the reason I think Poison should still be a weakness is because pesticides are poisonous and kill off bugs, thus making them weak in real life to poisons, but Pokémon logic is different obviously.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Some real-life bugs are poisonous but the reason I think Poison should still be a weakness is because pesticides are poisonous and kill off bugs, thus making them weak in real life to poisons, but Pokémon logic is different obviously.
Oh true, I didn't think of that! But then again you also get rat poison and such so wouldn't that lead to Normal-types also being weak to Poison...? (something which I always thought would make sense, haha) I think it's just a case of bugs being so small and non-sentient that people are 'happy' to kill them with poisons, so they're more well-known haha. It's a sad truth, but I reckon that's why bugs seem so susceptible to poison. :p

This was a shot in the dark though xD

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
Username: angelomanalo
Partner Pokemon: Combee
Answer Current Topic: Crustle or Escavalier. They have a unique color palette and have lots of colors.
Favorite Bug-Type Move: Steamroller. Oh, roadkill!
Why do you like/love Bug Pokemon: Ironically, I hate bugs in real life, but about 50% of my Top 10 favorites are Bug Pokemon.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Preferred username: TwilightBlade / Blade
Partner Pokémon: Volcarona
Favorite Bug-type move: Silver Wind has a pretty attack animation while X-Scissor and U-turn have high competitive usage.

Why do you like/love Bug-type Pokémon?
Although I don't like bugs in real life, I find bug Pokemon to have some of the coolest designs. I love plenty of bug Pokemon, from classics like Beedrill/Venomoth to rock stars like Scizor/Yanmega/Heracross to quirks like Masqueran/Kricketune. Unova brings home the motherload of awesome bugs: Scolipede, Leavanny, Escavalier, Galvantula, and Volcarona. I love em all!

Which Bug-type has the best design?
Maybe I'm being biased here, but I'll have to say Volcarona. I couldn't imagine a bug type being part fire, and here it is in all its glory. I love that it not only has reds and oranges, but also some white fluff and a light blue body. The color scheme makes it interesting.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Username: angelomanalo
Partner Pokemon: Combee
Answer Current Topic: Crustle or Escavalier. They have a unique color palette and have lots of colors.
Favorite Bug-Type Move: Steamroller. Oh, roadkill!
Why do you like/love Bug Pokemon: Ironically, I hate bugs in real life, but about 50% of my Top 10 favorites are Bug Pokemon.

Welcome to the club. Combee is good, cute and female ones evolve into Vespiquen. Just hoping that male Combee get an evolution soon. I like Crustle's color palette the most, very reminiscent of the Earth's layers. Steamroller was awesome in the anime, cut through everything in its way. I dislike bugs in real life too, but adore them in Pokémon. I don't remember using Bug-types much except for Butterfree and trying to get Scyther to evolve into Scizor.

Preferred username: TwilightBlade / Blade
Partner Pokémon: Volcarona
Favorite Bug-type move: Silver Wind has a pretty attack animation while X-Scissor and U-turn have high competitive usage.

Why do you like/love Bug-type Pokémon?
Although I don't like bugs in real life, I find bug Pokemon to have some of the coolest designs. I love plenty of bug Pokemon, from classics like Beedrill/Venomoth to rock stars like Scizor/Yanmega/Heracross to quirks like Masqueran/Kricketune. Unova brings home the motherload of awesome bugs: Scolipede, Leavanny, Escavalier, Galvantula, and Volcarona. I love em all!

Which Bug-type has the best design?
Maybe I'm being biased here, but I'll have to say Volcarona. I couldn't imagine a bug type being part fire, and here it is in all its glory. I love that it not only has reds and oranges, but also some white fluff and a light blue body. The color scheme makes it interesting.

Welcome to the club. Volcarona is an awesome choice. Very colorful and uniquely typed (Bug/Fire). I love the first generation bugs, can't go wrong with a Beedrill or Venomoth. I wanted Scizor and Heracross so bad in the second generation, loved their attacks and designs. Scolipede is probably my favorite Unova region Bug-type, despite that I dislike centipedes in real life, has alot of devastating Poison moves and power. Someone definitely took the time to make Volcarona as awesome as it is and how it looks. I love the colors on its wings and the design of its head.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back