• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

3rd Gen Your First Shiny

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Who was the first shiny you guys saw/caught in the 3rd gen games? Mine was a Zubat from Leaf Green in Mt Moon.

Tyranitar042

Tyranitar King
Years
  • Age 34
  • US
  • Seen Feb 15, 2013
Golbat in Sapphire I saw it and caught it with my last great ball after it almost knocked out all my pokes... lols and it had a garbage nature. but was a great crobat

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Never had one in the 3rd Gen, my first and only legit random encounter one was in 4th Gen.

Sirius

Wrong Thread.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 22, 2013
Minun and then soon after that a Wurmple that eventually evolved into a Dustox.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
I recently replayed Gen 3, and finally met (and caught) my first Gen 3 shiny: a Slowpoke. I'm not doing anything with it yet.

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
I only encountered one shiny in 3rd gen, my 2nd in 4th gen. i was on one of the sevi islands.. i encountered a Shiny Geodude but ran when i was down to 5 Ultra balls left and 1 Pokeball

Years
My first shiny was a Shroomish on Sapphire, which I didn't even realize was shiny. To be quite honest, I don't even remember catching it, but I found it sitting in my first box a few years later before I restarted my game, so I must've caught it right near the beginning. It's now a Breloom that I transferred over to HeartGold.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
The only shiny I found in gen III was a Whismur, which is my only random shiny I no longer have. I caught it cause I thought it was diseased with its green ears lmao...so yeah. I have two shinies from trades though, Sunkist the Mightyena and Key Lime the Spinda. Both are on my storage Emerald.

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
My first shiny ever was actually on my Ruby: a beautiful red Duskull (one of my favorite ghosts). I spent so much time looking at it, wondering if it was the lighting in the room reflecting on my original GBA that made it look sorta reddish (since I missed the shiny stars). :P Of course I had to catch it, and it eventually became a navy-black Dusknoir when I transferred it to Pearl years later. ^-^

Years
A Duskull in Ruby, which was also my first Shiny in any Pokemon game.

I even recall it being female with a Serious nature!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
A Shiny Mightyena on an Emerald ROM. Which is a little sad considering I played Ruby for a long time a few years ago. Oh well. Maybe one day I will buy an actual copy again and play it and find a shiny then.

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
I've only had one on these games, Poochyena on Emerald. Crystal was the most fruitful for me.

Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2013
After playing Pokemon off and on over the years i have never come across a wild shiny , but did once trade my first lv 100 (chansey) with a red gyarados diamond.

Future Arceus

I hate my name
Years
My first was a shiny seedot on sapphire. She was also my first ev trained pokemon ever (on diamond). Later she was stolen by someone on these forums *looks around shiftry-ily*, but she's been cloned several times and is now on Black II.

Nothing Is Real

It's all in the mind you know!
Years
Mine was a Pidgey, from one of the first routes I think.

I don't really care for shinies so I restarted that game after I decided I didn't want a team with Bulbasaur and Pidgey (back then I wasn't a big fan of Bulbasaur. Now I prefer them to Charmander).

Back