• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2017: Water (Dec. 14 - 21)

Which are your favorites? (Choose as many as you'd like!)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
PZJ34Z0.png

hpz4y92.png

Welcome to the fifth annual installment of the Favorite Pokémon Tournament, hosted here in Pokémon General! The goal of the Favorite Pokémon Tournament (also known as the FPT), is to determine the most popular Pokémon/Pokémon family of the users here at the PokéCommunity. This will be a 10-week set of polls running between now and December, where we'll pit almost all Pokémon of different types from past and present generations against each other to determine a winner. After we know the results of each type, we'll add all of those Pokémon to a final poll, where the winner(s) will be crowned champion, and will go down into the record books as PokéCommunity's favorite Pokémon of 2017!

If you are new to the Favorite Pokémon Tournament, or would just like a refresher on the rules/process of the event, please take a look at the FAQ posted below:

Spoiler:

NOTE: Due to the number of existing Water type Pokémon, not all eligible Pokémon are present in the poll (inclusion is based on popularity from previous polls). If you want to vote for an unlisted Water type, check the "Other Pokémon" option represented by a (?), and leave a post with your vote.

Now that you know what the tournament is all about, what are you waiting for? Polls are open until the 21st of December, so get voting!

The Finalists:

Years
Just a friendly reminder to everyone on this poll (moreso than any other): with the inclusion of Alola, there are now over 130 different Water type Pokemon- way too many for this poll. I'm sure I missed some, but feel free to vote for any of those by using the Other Pokemon option, and noting it with your post. If enough people start asking for it, I'll see if I can add it to the poll.

Happy voting!

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years
Whiscash

My absolute favourite water type. I soloed Omega Ruby with it and it did work. Plus, it's just really adorable.

Frillish and Jellicent

They're both interesting Pokémon, and my go-to water type in Unova.

Primarina

I find Incineroar and Decidueye cool, but I like Primarina so much more, since it is so beautiful, and has an amazing type.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
Surprisingly, for what I consider my favourite type, I actually don't have any specific favourites from this type. I selected the Gen 3, 4, and 5 starters, and Marill/Azumarill because it was my first shiny.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
Voted for:
Buizel line: Buizel is my favorite Pokemon ever
Squirtle line: So cool, great design
Totodile line: First Pokemon ever used
Froakie line: One of the coolest lines in Pokemon, great competitively
Popplio: Love this adorable line, Brionne is just precious

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 7, 2020
The lack of Gorebyss displeases me...
It's fine, I made sure to put in a vote for the question mark because my number one pick would obviously be for Gorebyss and the rest of the Clamperl family.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Voted for:
-Swampert line; my first starter Pokemon in a game ever and it's served me well both in-game and competitive
-Piplup, Oshawott, Froakie, and Popplio lines; I have a soft spot for Water starters simply because of Swampert and since then, it's my tradition to go with a Water starter each time a new generation comes out.

Other vote:
-Araquanid; it's got a great ability despite middling offenses and it's an interesting take on the real world diving bell spider as a water-breathing arachnid needing a water bubble to survive on land.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Amongst all the mons on the list I decided tp vote for pretty much every Water starter except for the lines for Blastoise and Samurott (Even though I like both of them)

Years
Take a wild guess who got my vote ;)

I did not just for Milotic though, she and Gyarados I like equally. The raging water serpent is like her dark twin. I see Milotic as Yin and Gyarados as Yang.

Years
With the final two polls now closed, that wraps up the preliminary voting here in the FPT. In a continued show of dominance, the Eevee family is sending another member to the finale, with Vaporeon picking up the victory!

The finale will be starting tomorrow, so make sure you come back then to vote for your favorites!

Back