• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKRoy

Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016

SKRoy

Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016

Change those 4 bytes to those 4 mentioned, it cannot be easier :D
But I would suggest you to enable National Dex... that could be easier I guess :)

Oké, but what does that mean, where and how can I change that?

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
So Im editing maps in Fire Red, specifically the Naval Rock maps that are just a room with two ladders. Im changing the dimensions and tileset numbers, but when I try to warp to them in game, i get a black screen. Do I need to do something with the headers or something like that?

EDIT: Its not even every map, its just a few.

EDIT2: Found the answer here if anyone is interested. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=3357167&postcount=40

Last edited:

Speedster

The Unknown
Years
If anyone could help me it would be very appreciated. I've been working with OWs a lot lately and now I'm getting close to the maximum number of different sprite pallets on a map. Well I'm trying to change the Pallet of an OW in VBA memory viewer (DO NOT SAY "Use NSE or something" because I doing something totally different) and I can't find out how to save something onto the game without it changing back. If anyone could tell me how to do that or even better how to find the hex offset of a memory viewer adress it would be greatly appreciated.

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
[SIZE="a"]
If anyone could help me it would be very appreciated. I've been working with OWs a lot lately and now I'm getting close to the maximum number of different sprite pallets on a map. Well I'm trying to change the Pallet of an OW in VBA memory viewer (DO NOT SAY "Use NSE or something" because I doing something totally different) and I can't find out how to save something onto the game without it changing back. If anyone could tell me how to do that or even better how to find the hex offset of a memory viewer adress it would be greatly appreciated.
I'm not completely sure, but could you use writebyteto and use that offset?[/SIZE]

EDIT: Ahh, I think you can use writebytetooffset. The memory viewer offset being the offset you write it too. Like writebytetooffset [byte] [pointer to write it to]. I havent tried, but it should work, at least in my head.

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Hacking TM's in Fire Red.
I want to change the attacks they teach and add more to the game
Is it possible?
Is it difficult?

You can edit the moves taught by TM with Darthatron's TM Editor. Adding more TMs/ HMs is impossible without ASM, but Jambo51's upcoming 649 patch has an extra 45 TMs (though it is still in development).

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Could anyone show me how to insert the uncompressed 64x64 images that JPAN's patch says I can now do (the one with the fossil special)? Or anything else that will basically help me would be greatly appreciated.

link12552

decade club
Years
Could anyone show me how to insert the uncompressed 64x64 images that JPAN's patch says I can now do (the one with the fossil special)? Or anything else that will basically help me would be greatly appreciated.

Well, I don't know how JPAN's fossil code works, but I do know that both versions of NSE have an insert function, though, 2.X's is a bit more complete.

AustinWolff

has left
Years
Would anyone tell me if I'm on the right track? I'm finding a way to switch the order You can use HM's without changing the order you obtain the badges

Ex: First badge allows Rock Smash
Spoiler:

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
Would anyone tell me if I'm on the right track? I'm finding a way to switch the order You can use HM's without changing the order you obtain the badges

Ex: First badge allows Rock Smash
Spoiler:

I can't help but feel this would cause problems. For example, a cut tree would now be checking for the move Rock Smash instead of Cut. Say you switched Strength and Surf. You would then need the move called surf to move boulders! Cut, Strength, and Rock Smash are all person events, which means it's easy to just change "checkflag 0x823" to "checkflag 0x820" (for the cut-rock smash switch). Surf, Waterfall, Flash and Fly, of course, are harder to change. I think the key is to just change all those flags.

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2019
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=270514&page=2
For Ruby
HELP
Would ANYONE know of a way to fix the items in this or any hack? TM34 and 49 were broken by that damngood-for-nothing Item Editor. If it wasn't for the fact that it also affects YAPE, it wouldn't matter so much, but I NEED to use YAPE before I release this. Basically, the TM Data got wrecked by Item Editor an I suspect it's a hex issue, but there's a reason I'm asking...If anyone knows of ANY way I can fix this, hex or anything, or wants to fix it for me, please do. My latest backup that didn't get fracked up is from 3 days ago, and I made a -lot- of progress in those 3 days. 52 hours of it, to be exact.
:cries:

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=270514&page=2
For Ruby
HELP
Would ANYONE know of a way to fix the items in this or any hack? TM34 and 49 were broken by that damngood-for-nothing Item Editor. If it wasn't for the fact that it also affects YAPE, it wouldn't matter so much, but I NEED to use YAPE before I release this. Basically, the TM Data got wrecked by Item Editor an I suspect it's a hex issue, but there's a reason I'm asking...If anyone knows of ANY way I can fix this, hex or anything, or wants to fix it for me, please do. My latest backup that didn't get fracked up is from 3 days ago, and I made a -lot- of progress in those 3 days. 52 hours of it, to be exact.
:cries:

I don't know why you gave a link to POKéMON Keratin, but anyway...

I had encountered the same problem once. Luckily for me, I did saved a LOT of back-up before doing anything.
Anyway, I believe you can open a clean ROM through a Hex Editor, go to the TM and HM pointer, and copy the TM data and paste it over your damaged ROM-hack.
Of course, save a back-up before performing my suggestion.
If not, then I guess you'll either need to look for someone who's an expert on that field, or start to copy+paste your latest updates on your back-up. =/

Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2014
Me and a few other guys are working on a Fire Red hack. Up until now, I've just been sticking to spriting new Pokemon and trainers (check my album for some examples) and letting other people worry about the maps and text and all that. But now there's a problem I want to try to get fixed.

Whenever an opponent uses an item, it gives a message like:
"Trainer used ESCAPE ROPE! The opponent's Pokemon was cured of its burn!"
or something along those lines. Two problems with that: one, is that the trainer was supposed to use a Potion, not an Escape Rope; two, the burn or other status condition remained and no HP was restored.

Sometimes trainers use Rare Candies or ??????? items or a number of other things. Items that the player uses are fine and nothing else about trainers seems to be messed up.

I'm very inexperienced with the tools and haven't touched hex editing except in few and far between cases, but... The Item Editor for the hacked ROM looks the same as for an un-hacked ROM, and the items set in Advance Trainer all appear to be correct -- lots of Hyper Potions and X-Attacks with no Escape Ropes to be found. The tools aren't telling me anything, so I don't know where to start with fixing this. The guy in charge says he "messed up the item table", but he's focusing on other things right now and can't seem to elaborate.

destinedjagold's response above sounds like it might be relevant, but the question there is, how do I find out where in the hex the item data is located?

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
Offset of item table: 0x03DB028

Offset of an item's entry in the item table: 0x03DB028 + (hex number of item * 0x2C)

Structure of an item's data:
Bytes 00-13 Name
Bytes 14-15 Index
Bytes 16-17 Price
Bytes 18 Special value 1
Bytes 19 Special value 2
Bytes 20-23 Description pointer
Bytes 24-25 Mystery values
Bytes 26 Bag pocket
Bytes 27 "Distinguish between different types of item" (?)
Bytes 28-31 Field use asm pointer
Bytes 32 Item use location
Bytes 33-35 Unknown
Bytes 36-39 Battle use asm pointer
Bytes 40-43 "Other uses"

Years
Can someone tell me where or how I can find out the cries for Pokemon in Ruby?

Because of the gap between the S/G/C cries and the R/S/E cries, I do not know what numbers are for what R/S/E pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back