• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
What would be your ideas on an Easter themed roleplay?

An unrealistic RP with a competition where trainers had to go search for Easter eggs that the GM hides in certain places around the region and let's the player know when they get close enough to find them. The players would be in different teams, perhaps depending on from what city/town in the region they are starting from. The winner... is the one who is the last to survive- *is shot, totally watched Hunger Games today* Well, the winner is the one with the most Easter eggs when they are all found. Maybe each egg could hatch into a pokémon so that all trainers only start with one pokémon and then get more. Of course they wouldn't find an Easter egg placed in Viridian Forest by just walking in there. The GM could have specified things like "by a tree" or "in a pokémon's nest" and the player would only find it if their post meets the criteria specified. And the different teams would try to stop each other from reaching the eggs. They may even steal eggs from each other, if the GM judges the steal-attempt-post to be good enogh! Battles will ensue...

:3

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
What RP themes seem to be most common on PC? Excluding Pokemon, obviously.

War... War never changes.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Just to let everyone know, I'll be closing this round of applications for Ninja Storm, my Naruto RP, on Tuesday. So if you still want to join, hop to it.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
I don't know anything about Easter... I don't celebrate it. So no ideas there, but I really liked RHCP's idea. Kind of like the PC Easter hunt, no? ;D

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I have more RP ideas... I don't know what to do with them all ;_______; I should start a RP factory and hand out ideas to people who feel like they want to GM a RP and want a good idea for it.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
I have more RP ideas... I don't know what to do with them all ;_______; I should start a RP factory and hand out ideas to people who feel like they want to GM a RP and want a good idea for it.

Maybe you just should? :D It just seems so sad that all of those ideas you have just don't end up becoming a RP... d:

for him.

I'm trash.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
It's a good way to see your ideas flourish in the "light", but at the same time I don't fully support giving ideas away to people... I mean... you thought of it yourself from the very inner workings of your mind... I don't know about you, but I wouldn't like giving away an idea that I, in a sense, "gave birth too"... Gosh I sound like a sap now...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I understand what you mean, THE THING. But some ideas I think could make really good RPs, but I don't feel like wanting to put enough effort into it to make it a good enough thing or be a good GM. So those are the ideas I mean. Things you wouldn't want to go to waste, but that you don't feel like you could do something great with.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@First Snow: Um... are you implying that creativity, something highly subjective, has some objective value? What does tuat mean for those of us that have inherited or simply helped run RPs as well as those of us that base our RPs off games/shows/etcetera. =\

I think that playing someone else's characters / running someone else's ideas is a good thing. It offers a unique challenge that can be very stimulating.

for him.

I'm trash.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
Objective value? Sorry, I didn't really think that deeply into it... XD I just don't really enjoy the idea of basically giving someone an idea that one has yet to actually flush out? (Sorry I am finding it hard to express how I feel about it...) I don't mind the inheritance of an RP because of lack of time or because of real life circumstances...

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Ooh, I've got a good question this time.

What is your favorite character you've ever created? What is your favorite character someone else created?

for him.

I'm trash.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
I don't have a favorite character that I have created... I always judge myself pretty harshly and often erase and start over on an SU all the time. I do this at least five times. (I have done ten at the most...) I always enjoy the SU of other RPers because I find them exceptionally better than mine. A favorite from other people is hard to choose from because I like a lot of them...

I think Red's SU for the Digimon RP GMed by parallelzero is my favorite.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I usually judge my own characters that way too, because I want them to be interesting in some way. If I had to pick, I'd probably pick my Raven Character.

As for someone else's, I would have to say PkMnTrainer Yellow's character she had made for my Zelda RP... Man I wish that RP would have gone farther. Unfortunately, it was closed because players weren't posting. And we were working with a small group of players, which made it worse.

But yeah, Yellow's character on said RP was a very tomboyish girl that seemed to have a temper problem. For more reasons than that, it was just a very well put together character, and the few posts she was able to make (before the RP shut down) were very satisfying to read.

Speaking of which... When is the next Roleplayer's Awards?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I think Red's SU for the Digimon RP GMed by parallelzero is my favorite.
Naww, thank you :D <3
Speaking of which... When is the next Roleplayer's Awards?

I hope you didn't bold and italic that to make it look like a new topic lol because there's not really much that can be discussed about that. From the looks of it, Skymin holds RPA every quarter of the year, so I guess the next might come in a couple of months or so.

As for characters, I've created so many by now so it's difficult to pick a favorite there. I really loved playing with Ashton Elden in Swan's "A Fresh Start", even though there wasn't really any trace of originality in him haha. It's not always necessary to make really odd characters, I've noticed. It's just boring to make them too generic. Ashton was your average reckless Ash-twin only that he had a certain level of naivety and laziness on top of it which made it very easy for me to put him into a setting and make him do funny stuff.

I wrote one of my best posts ever in that RP... according to myself haha. Of course it has its flaws compared to a lot of high quality posts made in this forum. But it was so fun to write omg http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6963667&postcount=69

Umm, anyways. Another character I really liked is someone I didn't even get to play with because the RP didn't start. It was a girl in a digimon RP on another site, and she was nerdy and tomboyish and didn't think that anyone could ever fallen in love with her. I would have turned into a love story, totally. It was set in a digimon academy sort of thing... I borrowed many traits from her to create Agnes/Agneta, the character I'm playing with in parallelzero's ".digi//TAMED". I think I'll like playing as her if we get some more time together :3

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
XD That post was far too long for me to read, but I did get to the part about Ashton checking out the girl's legs. That cracked me up!

Seriously, that post was REALLY long!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
XD That post was far too long for me to read, but I did get to the part about Ashton checking out the girl's legs. That cracked me up!

Seriously, that post was REALLY long!

I guess, but for an RP of that kind, long posts are more common than short ones, since too short posts likely won't earn you any levels for your pokémon. There are many different kinds of RPs, apparently.

I prefer RPs where rather long posts are more common than plenty of short ones. It gets less messy and feels more like a descriptive story. Sometimes I've swayed from this perception and thought that RPs with short posts can be good in their own special way, with easier character interaction and whatnot. But in the end it seems like it mostly leads to rushed, non-detailed posts and some confusion.

Note that the kind of short posts I'm talking about there aren't even allowed on PC so nobody needs to feel like I'm pointing at them ;)

But yeah, I guess that post in the link was on the larger side xD

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
Ooh, I've got a good question this time.

What is your favorite character you've ever created? What is your favorite character someone else created?

I like all my characters, despite the fact that I use Miharu a lot. xD Generally, Miharu is my go-to-girl if I'm too lazy to make a new person. :P Or I just really want to use Miharu. (shrugs)

I don't really have one. o.O

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
My favorite character would be Jack Spark, the first character I ever made. Surprisingly, imo he wasn't a Gary Stu at that point, but I ended up god-modding a lot in my noob days xD But he was great to RP as. A young boy thrown into a war, leading the humans... Not only did he fail, but he failed badly and ended up destroying a whole region. The awesome thing was how he evolved as a person, he became a much better and fleshed out character as my skills as a RPer grew. Then he returned in the sequel only to not know anything about authority and try to be a smart ass all the time xD

After that, it's Luke Wright, who is a really clueless sheltered kid on an adventure. Love playing as him and interacting with his butler d: My favorite post is definitely this one, with loads of character development. - http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7018900&postcount=17

By others, hmm... Most of Supervegeta's evil characters are the ones I like, Travis and Cain (War b/w Pokemon and Humans 2) are some of my favorites. And Edward really impressed me as well. :D

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
@Deep Impact Lol, much appreciated dude.

My favorite characters were ones I never really got to play much. One was Ralph Xangxi in 'Fight For Teresius', who was like, my ideal character. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6815172&postcount=13

There was also Anthony Hazen, who was the first character I made as apart of a twin with another RPer. Again, never really got going.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6892337&postcount=2

As for other characters from other RPers, I really liked Xlugon Pyro's character made in my Avatar RP last year. I also like Raikiri's Isaac Rendell in Zodiac Reborn, and Silver Rogue's character from Pokemon Odyssey: A New Beginning. Those would probably be some of my favorites.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I like my character Oakley the most out of all of mine, Errol/Errick/Atom coming a close second (they all look the same but have different names based on their personality).

And Kiyoshi's Wittoefft in... it wasn't roaring twenties, it was something else! *can't remember*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back