• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Reborn [Episode 19-- Final Release]

AmethystRain

pixie-powered judgment!
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
-Oh, and some items have some very random sprites/pictures to them, for example, the Chocolate Ice Cream has the "Reveal Glass" picture and the Link Stone has the "S.S. Ticket" image (though I'm sure you already know that).
-One last thing, will we be receiving a Vs. Seeker soon? It would really help out training xD

* Yeah, I've kind of neglected the custom items appearances so far, and while that's something I'm aware of, it's not a terribly high priority for me to address. I'll definitely go back and fix that list up once I've got the items I need more ah, set in stone.

* Vs seeker isn't going to happen; if rematches were a thing they'd be as a result of Gen 2 style phone calls. However, I'm holding off on this feature because remember, more training and higher levels will become continually available as you progress. It's only while episodes are still being made that there are these dull periods of having to grind in the same place. If once the game is finished I feel there needs to be more options for grinding up, then I'll look at those.
His Masquerain made the message saying that the script was taking too long and that the game would restart appear several times.
Oh, and by the way, the update pack for Episode 08 didn't work concerning the freeze with Charlotte, (at least for me) I downloaded and merged it with my Reborn folder before the scene and the game froze anyway.

I had to leave the building and come back, and do it again a bit after because the game also froze when Anna was stopped by Cain while trying to pursue the Doctor and Sirius.
More often that not, that's a result of your computer quite not being able to handle a certain Animated sprite- in this case Masquerain. Unfortunately there's no way I can account for that sans just advising people to not use animated sprites on computers that can't quite handle it.
If it happens again and continues happening you can just delete the animated sprite of the Pokemon in question and it'll revert to the static sprite so you can get through. I can see this being potentially rough though.

As for the freezes yeah, idk. Hopefully we're all over that now, sorry. x.x

Hi, your game looks very neat and I wanted to start playing it but there is a problem.
Like some people stated previously, the download stops somewhere in the middle. You said you would fix that with the next patch (which is version 8) but the problem is still there. Any chance you can upload it to mediafire or any other filesharing site?
Ty and keep up the good stuff!

EDIT: after the 3rd download it was ok. (dont know why, I wasnt downloading anything else etc.)

There's a chance you were downloading it while I was reuploading, or just if the server was a bit overloaded. I haven't forgotten about the mirror and I'm getting that worked out shortly now that I believe the iffy freeze stuff is cleared up.

Amethyst, I sent you a PM with a link to my save file in it, but I'm not sure it went through?

It did! And I was on a different computer at the time so I couldn't do anything with it but I have now and got the song and will get back to you about that and um
the other thing is uh
...what was i supposed to do with your save file again? >< I have totally spaced. I'm like 'wait why is he sending me this lol' Really sorry, just remind me please. XD

So for some reason the game refuses to run on my computer anymore. I had to have it wiped in between updates so that may be the cause. I made sure to back up my save file so I still have that, but whenever I try to open the new update it just sits there with a black screen forever and does not respond. I seem to be the only one with this problem so something must be wrong with my computer. Are there any settings that I can mess with to fix this, because I've really enjoyed the game so far and would really like to play the new episode. Thanks!
Jake2003

Uhhhhh.
Uhhhhhhhh.
You had to have it wiped. Interesting. I'm wondering if maybe you're missing some driver or something that RMXP games need but I wouldn't know what that would be. Have you tried playing any other games made with RMXP since the wipe, and if so, do they work?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 18, 2014
I have one other game that runs on RMXP and it works fine. It's another pokemon game too it just seems to have a different font style compared to before the wipe. I have yet to try reborn on another computer, but if worse comes to worse I'm pretty sure I can just download the game onto another computer and transfer my save file. I'll let you know what happens but thanks for your reply! Good luck with the rest of the game!

Years
  • Seen Sep 6, 2013
* It did! And I was on a different computer at the time so I couldn't do anything with it but I have now and got the song and will get back to you about that and um
the other thing is uh
...what was i supposed to do with your save file again? >< I have totally spaced. I'm like 'wait why is he sending me this lol' Really sorry, just remind me please. XD

*Grins massively*

The Drifloon thing. A couple pages back you said I should send you my save file after the next release.

And the song- Great. Please let me know what improvements I can make, I know it's a little wierd in places.

jake2003 said:
Good luck with the rest of the game!

AmethystRain

pixie-powered judgment!
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
Okay, that's that'd, aaaand I've added a link to a page with download mirrors in the first post. It has it for both the full download and the animated sprites add on c:

EDIT:
Also replaced that list of character profiles with a link to an updated page of character profiles on our site!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2014
um.... every time i try to download episodes 1-8 the file will not unzip or even open on my computer, could i have a little tech help?

Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2014
The mirror link isnt working for me I get a 404 error and unfourtently I'm not quite clear on what a RMXP game is.... all I know it when i tried downloading form the 1st link (episode 1-8) when tried to unzip the file it says it invalid (whatever that means)

Ps THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE HELP i HAVE BEEN WATCHING A PLAY THROUGH ON YOUTUBE AND IT LOOKS SO AMAZING!!!!!!!

Years
  • Seen Sep 6, 2013
The mirror link isnt working for me I get a 404 error and unfourtently I'm not quite clear on what a RMXP game is.... all I know it when i tried downloading form the 1st link (episode 1-8) when tried to unzip the file it says it invalid (whatever that means)

Ps THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE HELP i HAVE BEEN WATCHING A PLAY THROUGH ON YOUTUBE AND IT LOOKS SO AMAZING!!!!!!!
Trust me, it is.

Most of the fangames on this site are RMXP based or similar.

Your computer calling the .zip file invalid is due to one of two reasons:

-The file was not zipped properly in the first place (probably not the case as most of us have downloaded it successfully) or

-somthing went wrong while you were downloading.

Try re-downloading from the original link, that should sort it :)

Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2014
No I'm afraid that didnt work.... I tried twice more to download.... oh well

victory! The first original link still hasnt worked for me but I got the mirrior link to work!
so excited! thank you so much! I am so excited!!!!!!!! :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2014
I like the work put into it, and having characters with personality and what-not.
My main issues:
1. I get the "struggle" feeling, but I feel overly limited in the Pokemon I can get while still in the city.
2. Finding your way through the city is very annoying. Particularly because the game has you back-track to get Cut.
3. Lack of good wild-Pokemon locations near Pokemon centers.

Years
  • Seen Sep 6, 2013
sjr56 said:
victory! The first original link still hasnt worked for me but I got the mirrior link to work!
Glad to hear it finally worked for you!

I get the "struggle" feeling, but I feel overly limited in the Pokemon I can get while still in the city.

Are you finding all the available Pokémon? Even in the Peridot Ward the selection seemed more generous than the official games (while not going totally over the top as
Spoiler:
did). Or at least, that's what it felt like...

...Am I the only one to think so?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I'm a little ticked off with Florinia at the moment....my pokemon are all at the point of ignoring me too. As if it needed to be any more difficult.

It's a shame because the game has such a great athmosphere, but I'm just sitting here wondering what to do with this battle.

YourFavorite

One who can't think of a title
Years
I gave up on this game months ago 'cause I couldn't get past the stairs puzzle in Shelly's gym. I would really like to play through it but I groan at the thought of going back to it. It feels less like a puzzle and more like I'm running around pressing switches at random and hoping to get lucky, mainly because it's not apparent how each of the switches affects each bookcase. :/

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 1, 2019
Question, where can you catch Poliwag in the game? I don't know if I've missed it or it's still ahead of me, but I desperately need a good water type and he's a plus since he'll turn fighting as well. I've gotten four gym badges and just rode the boat over to the Apophyll Beach.

AmethystRain

pixie-powered judgment!
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
Even in the Peridot Ward the selection seemed more generous than the official games (while not going totally over the top as
Spoiler:
did). Or at least, that's what it felt like...

I'm glad to hear you say that because that's one thing I've tried with moderate success to avoid. I can't say I played Raptor much, but in my experience with that among other hacks, when every Pokemon is crammed in, it feels almost chaotic what you can encounter in wild grasses. This is one reason I've tried to put in so many overworld event Pokemon, just so that it's more interesting than feeling obligated to browse around the grass for 38 hours to make sure you found everything.

In regards to feeling limited pre-first gym, I've tried to put the less-interesting Pokemon in first so that you have incentive to use other things later. So that might be where it's coming from. In reality though, iirc when I released the first episode (up to Julia) there were a good 110+ species in the game with evolutions, and I've only added more since then even to that early area. So keep looking!

I'm a little ticked off with Florinia at the moment....my pokemon are all at the point of ignoring me too. As if it needed to be any more difficult.

That can be frustrating, for sure. However, I don't know why you would be overlevelled at that point unless you were grinding a lot or only training a few Pokemon...
A couple suggestions:
After you beat Fern, a person in the school will sell you Super Potions
Zubat, Scraggy, Vulpix and Trubbish all tend to do great against Florinia and are all available before her. Maybe try training a new Pokemon!

I gave up on this game months ago 'cause I couldn't get past the stairs puzzle in Shelly's gym. I would really like to play through it but I groan at the thought of going back to it. It feels less like a puzzle and more like I'm running around pressing switches at random and hoping to get lucky, mainly because it's not apparent how each of the switches affects each bookcase. :/

Right? Like I'll fully admit Shelly's gym was cast from the fires of hell at first, but I think it's okay now. If you played the Episode 4 release, which was indeed some months ago, that was painful. After Episode 5 I made a lot of changes to Shelly's gym including colour coding both the monitors and the bookshelves so you actually CAN see which affects which. You might consider giving that another go!

Question, where can you catch Poliwag in the game? I don't know if I've missed it or it's still ahead of me, but I desperately need a good water type and he's a plus since he'll turn fighting as well. I've gotten four gym badges and just rode the boat over to the Apophyll Beach.

You're not quite to Poliwag yet, sorry, but being a beach, there are a few other new Water types around there, if they interest you...

Anyway, charging ahead on the next episode. Enter bad-ass dragon lady
lgt13b0p.png

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
That can be frustrating, for sure. However, I don't know why you would be overlevelled at that point unless you were grinding a lot or only training a few Pokemon...
A couple suggestions:
After you beat Fern, a person in the school will sell you Super Potions
Zubat, Scraggy, Vulpix and Trubbish all tend to do great against Florinia and are all available before her. Maybe try training a new Pokemon!

I've been training three pokemon at the moment (Prinplup, Loudred and Weepinbel)....however I didn't come across any other pokemon I wanted to train. I haven't encountered those pokemon at all. (I saw a Vulpix in one of the shops but she doesn't want to give it to me) I might have come across Zubat...can't remember.

I don't think the super potion route will work, any attempt to battle her becomes painful by the time she sends Cradily out.

I suppose I'll do some more exploring. (Is there a location guide?)

I might catch a Pidove and Koffing then train them up just to take her out.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 1, 2019
You're not quite to Poliwag yet, sorry, but being a beach, there are a few other new Water types around there, if they interest you...

It's perfectly okay :) I just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed him along the way. I'll take the old rod or explore along that beach to pick one up perhaps on the way to fill the void.

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2023
I agree with Sabre, the second Gym is really annoying. Cradily is just evil, dude... And seriously, you didn't think people would train until they were level 25? With a Cradily that's at that level? >_> My Blaziken is now useless because he's at level 26, so I'm screwed... And flying types? Yeah, someone decided to give Cradily Smack Down... how pleasant.

Also, I've heard more than one person saying they didn't knew how to solve the old man quiz. I did as someone suggested and actually made a list of some of the questions he made. It's not the complete list, but hey, you might be able to get most of them right:

Spoiler:

Hey, guess what your prize for doing all that stuff is!
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Pryze

Straight chillin
Years
Agreed, the second gym is pure hell for my team. Not saying it should be changed, I like the challenge that comes with it. But my Magby stopped obeying me the second I started the battle, so I pretty much have no fire type. Marshtomp dies the instant he comes in (For obvious reasons.) My Hariyama can take on Cradily easily, but he can't take on 6 Pokemon by himself, naturally. So my only option is the grind my team up to level 30 and go on from there, I guess. Or just my Magby, and hope he obeys long enough for Flame Burst to at least put a dent in her team.

Or I could get lucky with crits, that worked as well.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2023
Agreed, the second gym is pure hell for my team. Not saying it should be changed, I like the challenge that comes with it. But my Magby stopped obeying me the second I started the battle, so I pretty much have no fire type. Marshtomp dies the instant he comes in (For obvious reasons.) My Hariyama can take on Cradily easily, but he can't take on 6 Pokemon by himself, naturally. So my only option is the grind my team up to level 30 and go on from there, I guess. Or just my Magby, and hope he obeys long enough for Flame Burst to at least put a dent in her team.

Or I could get lucky with crits, that worked as well.

I managed to finally beat it by being an annoying bastard to her. Try to get Scraggy (you can find him/her in the building you had to go through before to get to the other side of the town. There was a closed door on one of the rooms, with a set of stairs heading down. That door will be open now and Scraggy will be inside) and then Swagger her Cradily, Sand-attack it, or just pummel her with Low Kicks. As for the others, I guess your best bet will be a flying type, probably.

While I'm here, why is the night time so freaking DARK?! I understand that night is suppose to be dark, that's obvious, but I can barely see where I'm going. The constant rain doesn't help either :C

Last edited:
Back