• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackDragonite

Austrian Pokémon Expert
Years
I have a few questions for my ROM hack.

1) What program should I use to edit a Pokemon's name? Let's say I wanted to change "BULBASAUR" into "Togepi", just as an example.

2) Is there a program that will let you edit what moves a Pokemon learns and at what level they learn it?

3) Could somebody direct me to the English INIS files for Pokemon-Amplifier? :\

Many, many thanks in advance.

~Diggeh

Amplifier 2006 Ae. It´s in TreeckoLevel100´s toolressource thread.
This program is easy to use, but ALWAYS make backups (it has ruined one of my Hacks^^)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Oh, thanks.

I've been looking for AE 2006, but I finally found it with an abbreviated file name.

Thanks again.

1500th topic post

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2015
I need help. I'm making a hack and would like to add the overworld map i made (The one you see when you use fly). How would I do this?

P.S. I'm using Fire Red version.

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2007
I need help, I am trying to do a wildbattle script. I already know how to do a wildbattle script but i need help because the pokemon does not disappear after the battle and I need the pokemon to disappear after the battle. Can you please help me?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 21, 2010
NEW QUESTION

Is there zny program thats like unLZ.GBA cause that program keeps on messing up on my WINDOWS 98... when i say messing up i mean you cant see any of the buttons when i press next or choose 256bpp color mode... so is there a program like it that can change the trainer sprites...

Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2007
Can anyone help me with this?

I want to play a Pokemon Hack, but I'm not sure how to use it.

Can anyone advise me how to do it? I though you had to use it as a patch or something...

Thanks,

LordUmbreon

20% Brock

Freikorps Representative
Years
When I search for PROF. BIRCH's Picture (That you see when you start a new game in Sapphire) in unlz, I can't find it. So I figured it just isn't the kind of compressed image that unlz searches for. How do I replace his image?

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2007
help.

I need help, I am trying to do a wildbattle script. I already know how to do a wildbattle script but i need help because the pokemon does not disappear after the battle and I need the pokemon to disappear after the battle. Can you please help me?

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2008
Whenever I try to make a new map, it has the name of a map that was already in the game, and if I change it, it then the new map is changed as well. Also, I used Map Purger to clear/delete some maps, and they are all named after one map. if I change their names, the map they are named after changes as well. Why is this, and how do I solve it? Thanks!

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Can anyone help me with this?

I want to play a Pokemon Hack, but I'm not sure how to use it.

Can anyone advise me how to do it? I though you had to use it as a patch or something...

Probably you didn't search a lot because there's a neat explanation just in the Hack Showcase. Read it here

When I search for PROF. BIRCH's Picture (That you see when you start a new game in Sapphire) in unlz, I can't find it. So I figured it just isn't the kind of compressed image that unlz searches for. How do I replace his image?

Sorry but you're wrong. Search better next time, there's a tutorial about it! Follow this one (Changing the Big Sprites at the Oak Intro) ;)

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2008
The entrance to the Pokemon League in my hack is set up similar to that in the G/S/C series, where you surf to the east from the very first town, in my hack. To get access to the water, you must not only have surf, you must have all eight badges as well. There is a fence seperating the water from the rest of the city, and the only way to the other side is through a house that seperates the fence. If you have all eight badges, then the guy inside the house will let you through the back, otherwise, you are not allowed through. I am going to use a warp to do this, but how can make it so that the warp takes you to the correct location outside the building? Thanks for your help in advance!

EDIT: New Question: Is there a program like Start Map Editor, but only for FR/LG? Thanks!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2008
Ok, I'm trying to hack Leaf Green. I want to change the base attack of moves using hex. How is this done if possible?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011

You have to use the checkflag/setflag commands.
If you look in the "Documents and Tutorial" section you will find some examples. Also, question like that should be posted in the "Script Requests/Sharing/Discussion".

Is there a program like Start Map Editor, but only for FR/LG? Thanks!

If you want to change the map you want to start in, you can use SMCA. Look for it in my thread inside the Toolbox.

Ok, I'm trying to hack Leaf Green. I want to change the base attack of moves using hex. How is this done if possible?

There's a little program that will do the work for you. It's called A-Tack.

Naoshi

lawl
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2023
Is there a way to make a script start automatically when you enter a room?

EDIT: I remember trying to put a script right where you'd warp at and it didn't work.

Last edited:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Is there a way to make a script start automatically when you enter a room?

EDIT: I remember trying to put a script right where you'd warp at and it didn't work.

Well, you can't since if you put a script over a warp it won't be executed. You have to place the script (which is a trigger, in this case) in the near of the warp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back