• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2012
hi guys i am currently stuck after batting Pete at the nummble city ahead signboard how to go to the next city?

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
I know I shouldn't mention the Sequel to this hack again just yet, but I have to say I'm very pleased with what I've added to it thus far. Since Atif is currently Re-mapping This one and Tajaros scripting afterwards, I've put my time off on the hack into Part 2. The tiles I've chosen for it are really great, and I'm mostly satisfied with the Pokemon I've added to it. So far, I've added about 95% of the Pokemon in Part 2 and it's very well balanced. I felt Part 1 had more of the Powerful Pokemon and everyone's Favorites. Part 2 has a better balance of weaker Pokemon-Average Pokemon-And Strong Pokemon. You'll also see Pokemon you rarely hear about like Relicanth, Amoongus, Leavanny, Skuntank, Purugly, Vesipquen, Trubbish, Rotom and all of it's formes, etc. You'll also see a fair amount of Pokemon from the first hack as well and some with relations to them. For example, the Core Region has the Male Frillish/Jellicent and the Western Shellos/Gastrodon while the Omni Region will have the Female Frillish/Jellicent and the Eastern Shellos/Gastrodon. The sprites for all of the Pokemon are from BW2 and they look really good and match the game perfectly. I think you're all gonna love it.

But that's far off from now. Part 1 is the main focus and I'm really excited to see the places in the Core Region Re-maped and looking better than before. I put a lot of effort into the storyline and the events I'm having Tajaros script is gonna be awesome. Can't wait til you all see what I've came up with. ^.^

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Keeping Blazard's type a Mystery. He may not even have a type and be "???" lol

DRAY will give you clues on what it's type may be before the player runs off to LIGHT'S FACTORY to battle it.
Yeah, ??? type is the best!

How do I do it?New here so pls forgive me.
There's a big Edit button down o.O How could you miss it?

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2013
Keeping Blazard's typing a mystery? Couldn't someone just use YAPE to find out?

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
To show what a great job Atif is doing for the maps in Beta 1, I've decided to show the New & Improved Fells Town & Atlantic City:

346x0kl.png

The rest you'll see when I release the full version.

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2013
To show what a great job Atif is doing for the maps in Beta 1, I've decided to show the New & Improved Fells Town & Atlantic City:

346x0kl.png

The rest you'll see when I release the full version.
The maps are far better now. Speaking of which, have you made a world map yet?

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
The maps are far better now. Speaking of which, have you made a world map yet?

Not yet and I have no idea how too. If you're able and willing, you could create one for me please because I've been searching for someone to help me with that.

@_Pokemon Masters

Idk, I couldn't find a suitable lab that could fit in Fells Town's limited tileset. All of em were either too big or too wide.

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2013
Not yet and I have no idea how too. If you're able and willing, you could create one for me please because I've been searching for someone to help me with that.

@_Pokemon Masters

Idk, I couldn't find a suitable lab that could fit in Fells Town's limited tileset. All of em were either too big or too wide.

I can, just tell me which style(RSE,FRLG,DPPt) and give me a rough draft of the landscape(Relative position of cities, routes, and caves).

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Wait, what's the difference between mapping for beta 1 and beta 2? 'Cause I already did Fells Town/some others, so whose will be used?

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Wait, what's the difference between mapping for beta 1 and beta 2? 'Cause I already did Fells Town/some others, so whose will be used?

Beta 1 are the maps that was in the playthrough you all played. Beta 2 is what I'm releasing christmas day and is the final version. Once Tajaros finishes the scripts, I'll send you the rom so you can map all of the places in Beta 2, which are the maps from Numassity City to Malice Castle, where the hack ends.

Those places are not in the rom that's posted on the main post, it's in the rom Atif currently has and the one Tajaros will be scripting afterwards. When they're done, it'll be sent to you.

Years
I heard that pokes like Magmortr and Electivire are avalaible in the beta. My real question is whether Gallade , Rhyperior and Dusknoir are available??? I know I am asking too much from you so sorry in advance

Back