• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think the News will be on the 8th of January?

Status
Not open for further replies.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
Speaking about Paper Mario games, they are indeed games with animated flat polygon sprites. But they are deliberately made by Intelligent Systems Co. Ltd. for a paper-like gameplay because the game is based on a stage and story, not a real world. If you've played Paper Mario: Sticker Star... I'm sure you'll notice that most things are either paper with origami-style folding when battling, like when a Koopa attacks with it's shell for instance, and not to also mention... that there's 3D models of coins which are made to look like cardboard coins.

Sorry I didn't clarify myself. I didn't mean the animations for when they were attacking, I meant the animation involved mainly when they are not attacking and just standing there. Dang I hate when stuff is on the tip of your tongue but you can't get it out, haha. You should get what I mean though.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
There is something I'm thinking about though... I believe there will probably be 3 versions made at the same time, but that Eeveelution that people are speculating about... probably might be a Light type, which is to say that it's a brand new type in Generation VI. I'm only speculating this though, but it should be about time Game Freak made a new type for the future generations of Pokémon. 'Cause there's more they could use, like also Wind, Abnormal (not meaning to think of CBM's ROM Hack of Prism xD).

Anyways, I'm so looking forward to that Pokémon Direct, it's gonna be interesting what they reveal about Generation VI. And seeing as that announcement is huge, it's about a 90% chance of it being Generation VI. After thinking about it, I thought they might reveal a silhouette first, before revealing the new games... but now I don't think so, they're probably going to reveal both the games and a silhouette of a new Pokémon.

Wow, I'm so excited. I can't wait. ^^

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Darn it'll be around 3 am where I live. I guess I'll just wake up and check it out while preparing for school.

I also think it'll be more than just a mascot and game names. 10 minutes seems too long for that...than again game companies do like to pad their messages with filler...

Years
There is something I'm thinking about though... I believe there will probably be 3 versions made at the same time, but that Eeveelution that people are speculating about... probably might be a Light type, which is to say that it's a brand new type in Generation VI. I'm only speculating this though, but it should be about time Game Freak made a new type for the future generations of Pokémon. 'Cause there's more they could use, like also Wind, Abnormal (not meaning to think of CBM's ROM Hack of Prism xD).

Anyways, I'm so looking forward to that Pokémon Direct, it's gonna be interesting what they reveal about Generation VI. And seeing as that announcement is huge, it's about a 90% chance of it being Generation VI. After thinking about it, I thought they might reveal a silhouette first, before revealing the new games... but now I don't think so, they're probably going to reveal both the games and a silhouette of a new Pokémon.

Wow, I'm so excited. I can't wait. ^^

A light type? I always though that kind of type was incorporated with the psychic type.

Years
Espeon certainly makes it seem that way, being reverse to a dark type however if Psychic was light one would think it'll be strong against Dark types. Also Normal (which is though of as pokemon's version of a light type) is weak against fighting, that doesn't seem very light like to me.
If they ever make one I expect it to be both strong against and weak against Dark. Also strong against Dragon and...Poison.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
Years
10 minutes?!

That means we will most likely be getting some kind of footage, whether its gameplay or anime. I doubt they will talk/interview for 10 minutes. Maybe they are revealing more than one project.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Oh, does anyone know of it's approx 6am for the east coast of the US? It might even be 3am for me :3 I'm excited that it's in the morning, now I won't have to secretly check during school.

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
Years
I think that it's stupid if they'd give us a Light type. The time to do that would be Gen V so that they could make Zekrom Dark and Reshiram Light. I think that after this Gen V it would be a bit dumb to that.

Also, wind type is included in Flying types so it's unnecessary to add a Wind Type.

I've read in another forum someone say this:
"Mainline 3DS Pokemon game needs roughly two more years before it's released. Uses a full 3D engine and will have a story dealing with a world wide crisis. A new Pokemon type will be introduced (has not been done since Gold and Silver) and while not as many new Pokemon as in past gens older Pokemon will get new abilities and forms. Will maximize the Nintendo 3DS use of 3D, StreetPass and online connectivity." and they said that this came from a very trusted person, but he did not specify who.

If this is true, then probably the new type would have something to do with the new pokémon formes. And if that would be the case I can picture some mutant pokémon. And Cyborgs too. I don't know if I like this.

Years
That and the fact it's a Nintendo direct makes me 99 percent sure it'll be game(s). However it could be virtual console FrLg or another retro pokemon game...but I don't think so.

I'm guessing the first two thirds will be introduce themselves and a tid bit about the franchise, announce, explain, and the end will be footage.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I've read in another forum someone say this:
"Mainline 3DS Pokemon game needs roughly two more years before it's released. Uses a full 3D engine and will have a story dealing with a world wide crisis. A new Pokemon type will be introduced (has not been done since Gold and Silver) and while not as many new Pokemon as in past gens older Pokemon will get new abilities and forms. Will maximize the Nintendo 3DS use of 3D, StreetPass and online connectivity." and they said that this came from a very trusted person, but he did not specify who.

If this is true, then probably the new type would have something to do with the new pokémon formes. And if that would be the case I can picture some mutant pokémon. And Cyborgs too. I don't know if I like this.

I've read that rumor before, and it's what gave me the impression that Gen VI will not come out until 2014, so we're sticking with Gen V for 4 years much like the past two gens (III and IV).

Years
That sounds like that rumor with the digital type...I don't buy it one bit. Also GF had the kit since before BW came out in Japan in other words 2009. 3 years should be plenty to make a game if they divide their laborers and creators adequately.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
That sounds like that rumor with the digital type...I don't buy it one bit. Also GF had the kit since before BW came out in Japan in other words 2009. 3 years should be plenty to make a game if they divide their laborers and creators adequately.

The Nintendo DS was released in 2004, and Gen IV was released in 2006. They couldn't have worked on Gen VI now because they were still busy finishing up HG/SS and BW at that time.

Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
Well, there was an announcement made this morning. I saw a video saying there was going to be a new eeveelution and a movie about it. Not sure if this is true, but it was an interesting idea.

Years
The Nintendo DS was released in 2004, and Gen IV was released in 2006. They couldn't have worked on Gen VI now because they were still busy finishing up HG/SS and BW at that time.

They were working on HGSS, Platinum, and Black and White at the same time. Why couldn't they work on a new generation since 2010 for example, after Black and White were released?

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
Years
Also, guys, about the Light type. It's covered with the Fighting type. The way they made it strong against Dark types made it seem like the fighting types were banishing the Dark types, in the name of Justice! True heroes, beating up the bad guys. :P
I don't think it's a good idea for them to do the Light type. They could have done it on Gen II for Espeon and they didn't, they had a major opportunity to do it on Gen V with Reshiram and they didn't. If there is a new type, then I don't think it's a Light type.

We'll just have to wait and see. Tomorrow will be the big day. Those major news may disappoint many of us, bear this in mind. And it might also make others very happy. But the way they announced it, as "major news", I think it does have to be something big with great progress.
Many people don't like changes though, just like an eevee holding an everstone!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
And i'm back to "its not going to be that large of a reveal." Nintedo is doing the reveal? Means it can be spin off just as much as it means its a main game. I'm sorta disappointed now. They are prolly just going to talk about how they intend to "evolve the pokemon world" and it could be cheap talk since the pokemon world consists of three large international items and a few japan specific.

My hopes and thoughts on this are now, its most likely nothing all that big so i'm a little disappointed. Hope they stream some game and not do a 10 minute segment on how pokemon has evolved and possible future ideas with no definate hints.

Years
Maybe they can do a type based on a creature like how the types Dragon and Bug, and to an certain extent flying (which I think was going to originally be called bird) are. I can't think of one though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back