• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Nameless Sprite Editor [Classic]

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2021
what are the offsets for the player sprites in the introduction? under bookmarks there's oak, some guy and a girl, and the breeder, but not the players and rival

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2015
Would really love to use this for OW editing purposes, but can't seem to run it, as my (Virtualbox'ed) windows XP says it 'can't find a version of the runtime to run this application' :( Anyone got a solution for this? (and I have reinstalled my .Net 4.5)

Years
Can you please help me I'm trying to put DP overworldsprites in but when I do it the 32x32 sprites the head is what you can see If you know please help thanxx.

Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2013
the thing i dont get with these is that only the plugin for the pokemon are working. any other plugin i get the message stating that the bpge is not supported by the plugin. now im new at this and all im trying to do is change up the male and female character's back sprites. also with the bookmarks when i open the veiw bookmarks i have nothing in there. why is that?

Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2013
So. Very likely that I'm just stupid, but I find it rather difficult to edit the backsprites. Trying to edit Red's back sprite in Fire Red. I did his OW and Trainer Card sprite, but I can only access the backsprite in the Bookmarks. While I can change the palette code, the palette I used for the Trainer Card Sprite looks ridiculous on his backsprite due to different shading and colors and blegh.
So is there any way I can directly edit the backsprite and it's palette?

EDIT
Please ignore my idiocy, I figured out what I need to do. I'm stupid. Totally neglected the little "Open" button there.
I'll just go sit over here and bow my head in shame.

Last edited:

flaremew

Flaming Soul
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2017
I have a problem, maybe it's just me but when i was finish editing a sprite its back sprite won't show up when i play, can someone please help me?

EDIT: sorry i'm just a idiot, just ignore me...

Last edited:

Shaf

Lonely MadNooB Trainer
Years
Hey man.. nice to see this post, Much Appreciated..
I used this quite some time ago and when I used it I did something to paste an entire library (alll frames and pallete) from other games to ruby... How can I do that?

ShinySandslash

Shiny Sandslash
Years
This wouldn't work with my fire red rom. All the changes I made to the rom was one map.

This is what it says on the Details section when the error message showed up: See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at NSE.MainForm.GetEcolor(Point location, Byte[]& datab, String indextext)
at NSE.MainForm.(Object , MouseEventArgs )
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseMove(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.6407 (Win8RTMGDR.050727-6400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
NSE
Assembly Version: 1.7.5.0
Win32 Version: 1.7.5.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Kevin/Desktop/pokemon%20hack/NSE/NSE.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.6387 (Win8RTM.050727-6300)
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.6401 (Win8RTMGDR.050727-6400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.6402 (Win8RTMGDR.050727-6400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.6401 (Win8RTMGDR.050727-6400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.6387 (Win8RTM.050727-6300)
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 3, 2014
Hi, i'm having trouble with the recent update of the Nameless Sprite Editor Mr.Link had posted, I really need the help, the trouble i'm having is that whenever I click on the + Sign it doesn't show me the full options so I can't really use or see the eye dropper, and when I want to click on the - sign if doesn't return to its original state, I tried deleting it then downloading it again but nothing seems to work.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
I edited the grass movement pallette in firered using the bookmarks but there aren't any in emerald and i can't seem to find them. Can someone help? Can this be edited in NSE or do i have to look elsewhere?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 12, 2015
Hi. This program is awesome! I altered the main character and the rival for my boyfriend who live streams (you can see it at twitch.com/elvencloud). I have a problem though. He also plays Yu-Gi-Oh, so I thought it would be fun to make one of the elite four into a character from that, but when I change Lance's pallete (index 74) it changed the pallete for several others (such as index 14). It doesn't change the pallete for ALL sprites, but just some. I was wondering if there is a way to prevent this. I was able to change the pallete for several things, but this is the first hiccup I've had.
Thank you for your help!
Kit

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 7, 2015
:) AWESOME TOOL! ONE QUESTION CAN I CHANGE POKEMON EMERALD 2ND FRAME ANIMATION SPRITES USING THIS TOOL?

Years
  • Age 35
  • NY
  • Seen Aug 6, 2018
Can't open rom's atm with this. I get the following error message:

Conversion from string &H3A3BB0 to type 'Integer' is not valid.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Apr 16, 2017
I can't download it. It says attachment (1x1).php.
Please reupload the source file.

Last edited:
Back