• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Favorite Gym Leader?

• Thread starter Pokémon Trainer 188
  • Start date
Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2020
Tate and Liza, no doubt. It was fascinating seeing kids about my age in control of such an esteemed job, being dual gym leaders. I also have a theory that they can manipulate and stretch time as psychic masters, and are actually both the gym leaders and the old people guarding the spheres at Mt. Pyre. (They didn't do quite a good job at that, but still.) Otherwise, they are too destined to take over the job of watching the orbs.

Years
Flannery for looks (she's hot, deal with it), Wattson for pesonality (all round cool guy) and Tate and Liza for battle technique (Lunatone + Solrock + Calm Mind = Hell)

Agous

Solid Mercury?
Years
By far Juan. he had a type of energy and elegance that created a great and intense atmosphere. not to mention he was the last leader and played in the story line!

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I would've said Wattson, but realised that I liked him entirely for his anime character, whereas in the games, he wasn't very defined. He had his little New Mauville sidequest, but it didn't really tell much about his character, other than he cared about having Hoenn receive power, but it could just be for selfish and economical gains :p

No, my favourite gym leader is rather Norman. Aside from being the one I enjoyed battling the most, because he was the one that really pushed me to a point of using strategy rather than just what was super effective in my most recent battle with him, I really like him conceptually as well. It's the first time we ever get to see our in-game dad, and turns out he's a gym leader! I mean, how cool is that :p But yeah, while they definitely don't really build on the want to battle him, just the fact that you get to battle your dad and prove how strong you've become on your journey in front of him, is a really good design choice, and the only thing that could really be improved, lies in the little character development that the Pokemon games really provide us with. And really, when we're presented with so many characters, it's hard to make them all fit in, although they've been starting to make quite an effort in the newer games at least :p

But yeah, I like Norman both for his concept and the design of his team, and feel like he's one of the better gym leaders the franchise has presented us with so far :p

Years
Tate and Liza. Even if they were super hard to beat with the team I had then, it was fun and exciting. I was literally jumping up and down fanatically firing attack after attack, because I just couldn't sit still. Especially after being beaten once already (yes, I am aware I should've just trained my Pokémon but laziness) I just wanted to beat them so badly!

Last edited:
Back