• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaozz

Peace sells, but who's buying?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 26, 2018
Blue was easy, as expected. I let each of my Pokemon take out one of each of Blue's Pokemon. I'll probably repeat this match-up for the final battle. Anyway, smell ya later, Blue! I walked past the guards in Route 23 while listening to the awesome music that plays there. At last, we have reached Victory Road!

Maybe it's because I'm now used to Victory Roads of later games, but this was so disappointingly easy. All the trainers were pushovers, all of the wild Pokemon gave out too little EXP, and besides the Moltres battle (I caught it, of course. Yay, full Bird Trio set complete!), nothing too interesting happened. After leaving Victory Road, I'm now at Indigo Plateau!

Once there, I've decided to use Rare Candies on my team to raise their levels to match that of Lorelei's Pokemon. After beating each member of the Elite 4, I'll use Rare Candies to be on par with the next member, so that I'm not underleveled (or overleveled) for anyone. I'll take them on later today, so see you all next time!

Current team:
Nikola the Raichu (Lv. 56)
Isabella the Nidoqueen (Lv. 56)
Eric the Snorlax (Lv. 56)
Chelsea the Vaporeon (Lv. 57) (I accidentally used an extra Rare Candy on her. Whoops!)
Rafflesia the Vileplume (Lv. 56)
Charles the Charizard (Lv. 56)

Bay

Years
So, I decided to not update yesterday and wait until I get through the rest of the game. Let's do this.

I went to the last gym with Undyne dominating Giovanni and the other trainers. Luckily Giovanni's wild ride isn't confusing to figure out, haha. Shortly after, bumped onto Blue and defeated him with not much trouble.

Next I went through Victory Road, got Moltres (had to chuck several pokeballs, otherwise everything went fine) and trained my Pokemon a few levels first before going against the Elite 4. I gave Hamilton some Rare Candies since I saved several of them and he could use the extra boost. Lorlei and Bruno I was abe to get through easily while Agatha I had a hard time with her Gengar even though I have Mable. Confuse Ray and Dream Eater, omg why. ;_; I was able to defeat her, though, and then didn't have a hard time with Lance thanks to Undyne.

There's then Blue. So I wasn't sure which Pokemon he would sent out first, so I went with Dash while he choose Sandslash. Of course, Sandslash was able to take down Dash one hit with Earthquake, woops. The only other time one of my Pokemon fainted was when I had Zuko against Magneton so I can use Dig, but that plan kinda backfired. Otherwise, got through the rest of his Pokemon fine and became Champion, woo.

One last thing before I got done with pretty much everything- Mewtwo. Took a bit of walking around the Sea Cavern until I was able to reach him. I mostly used Zuko's Flamethrower to chip Mewtwo's HP away, but he often uses Recover, lol. Once I got Mewtwo's HP very low, I used my Ultra Ball and caught him with one try.

And I think that's it! This has been a blast reliving this game again after several years. Looking forward to transferring my Pokemon to Sun/Moon.

HALL OF FAME
Finished : (around the 32 hr mark I think, didn't fully check lol)

Pikachu (Hamilton) - Lv 58
-Thundershock
-Thunderbolt
-Thunder
-Thunder Wave

Nidoking (Dash) - Lv 53
-Strength
-Mega Punch
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake

Fearow (Bell) - Lv 54 (?)
-SKy Attack
-Fly
-Drill Peck
-Fury Attack

Charizard (Zuko) - Lv 53
-Slash
-Dig
-Flamethrower
-Cut

Hypno (Mable)- Lv 54
-Poison Gas
-Flash
-Psychic
-Confusion

Vaporeon (Undyne)- Lv 57
-Bite
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Aurora Beam

khaozz

Peace sells, but who's buying?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 26, 2018
Lorelei's Pokemon were bulkier than expected, but overall was no problem. Nikola zapped Dewgong into oblivion, then I switched out to Raff to deal with Cloyster and Slowbro. Despite the type disadvantage, Raff took both down with Petal Dance (Slowbro survived, but didn't attack Raff, the idiot) like a boss. Charles Slashed Jynx in one shot, and it was back to Nikola to deal with Lapras. When Thunderbolt failed to OHKO and Lapras retaliated with Blizzard, I got worried for a nanosecond. Then I remembered that Nikola would not fall so easily, and sure enough, he tanked Blizzard with plenty of HP to spare and brought it down with another Thunderbolt. Lorelei defeated!

Bruno was overall very easy. Isabella missed her first Blizzard against his first Onix, but took very little damage in return. Take two, and Onix is sent back to the Ice Age with Blizzard hitting this time (and a crit to boot, damn!). Both Hitmons fell to a single Flamethrower, courtesy of Charles. Onix #2 was demolished by Chelsea's Surf. Finally, the Machamp! Raff put it to sleep with a Sleep Powder, then got the 2HKO with Petal Dance! Bruno defeated!

Agatha was...interesting, to say the least. I had Eric set up an Amnesia on her first Gengar after its Hypnosis missed, and then...it switched out? The AI can do that? Anyway, Golbat removed the Amnesia boost with Haze while taking little damage from unboosted Surf, then hit Eric with Confuse Ray. Thankfully, Eric didn't hit himself, and instead hit the Golbat with a Body Slam. Annoying bat down. The first Gengar came back, and after failing to hit with Dream Eater (silly AI), Eric got his Amnesia boosts. One weak Night Shade later, and Eric drowned the Ghost with Surf. I had Isabella deal with Agatha's Haunter and Arbok. Both died to an Earthquake. Finally, it was Eric vs the final Gengar. As Eric used Amnesia, Gengar used Toxic to try and wear him down. Fool, Eric is like the King of Stall! Thus, the stall war began, as Gengar tried to cripple Eric with Confuse Ray while Eric boosted his Special to max and Rested off the damage (I kept the Poke Flute on me so Gengar couldn't use Dream Eater). Finally, Gengar was obliterated by Eric's +6 Surf! Agatha defeated!

Now to slay some dragons (and some not-dragons, too)! Nikola fried Gyarados to a crisp. Isabella turned Dragonair #1 into an ice sculpture. Dragonair #2 actually survived Charles's Slash and fired a Hyper Beam at him. I didn't do much damage, and Charles roasted what was left of Dragonair's HP with a Flamethrower. I decided Chelsea would be the one to finish off Lance's remaining team. Aerodactyl missed a Supersonic, then got blasted by Chelsea's Hydro Pump. At last came Lance's final Pokemon, his fearsome Dragonite! With it's tremendous power and awesome bulk, surely it would pose a great...oh wait, Ice Beam to the face! Lance defeated!

(As I said in my last post, I kept feeding my Pokemon Rare Candies in between battles so they would be on par with the next trainer.)

After mashing A to skip whatever Blue had to say, it was time for the final battle! Nikola struck down his Pidgeot with a Thunderbolt so great, it would make even Thor and Zeus jealous! After that, it was a battle of brawn vs brains, as Eric faced off against Alakazam! Poor Akakazam had to try in vain to protect itself with Reflect as Eric crushed it with his Body Slam. I said in vain, because Eric decided to break through that pitiful Reflect with a Critical Hit! Ouch! Next came Rhydon, as I sent out Isabella to counter it. Rhydon should have brought a very thick coat, because Isabella's crit Blizzard was beyond overkill to it! Following that, it was a battle of dogs (cats? beasts?) as Arcanine ferociously stared at Chelsea. Unfortunately for Arcanine, its bark absolutely pales in comparison to Chelsea's bite (not the move Bite, of course)! Poor puppy probably wished it had invested in swimming lessons after the Surf that had ended it. For the penultimate round, it was the fierce fire-breathing not-Dragon Charles, versus...a tree with eggs? Yeah, that round didn't last very long. As Blue withdrew the charred remains of his Exeggutor, he sent out his starter Blastoise, hoping to turn this match around. Time for a certain flower to devour her newest victim! First, Raff put it to sleep. Then, she begins her dance of death. Unfortunately, Blastoise wakes up in the middle of Raff's dance and prepares a mighty Blizzard to end this destructive flower. Unfortunately for Blastoise, Raff carves through its puny shell before it could even move, and utterly destroys the poor tortoise! At last, Blue was defeated!

After the battle, Oak shows up and says something (I was too busy mashing A). After all the textboxes, we were finally ready to induct these six badasses to the Hall of Fame! We are the Champions, my friends! And we'll keep on fighting to the end! We are the Champions, we are the Champions! No time for losers, 'cause we are the Champions...of the Wooooooorld! Okay, I'll stop now.

I decided to stop here. I'll take on Mewtwo and complete the Pokedex at my own leisure. This was a fun playthrough, as well as a nice trip down memory lane. Overall, despite the glitches, early installment weirdness, and horrible sprites, I had fun with this game. Now where's Silver on VC? To anyone who bothered reading my crappy posts and following my adventure, thank you. See you all another time!

Final team:
Nikola the Raichu (Lv. 65)
Isabella the Nidoqueen (Lv. 65)
Eric the Snorlax (Lv. 65)
Chelsea the Vaporeon (Lv. 65)
Rafflesia the Vileplume (Lv. 65)
Charles the Charizard (Lv. 65)

Noir

Sir Lucious Left Foot
Years
Loaded up the game as Ash, taking Ranvier the Pikachu under his wing just in time to get in the way of Gary and that Eevee which Ash totally didn't want at all. Making his way through the Kanto region he picked up a few good companions to tell spooky stories with in Viridian Forest with Metro the Nidoking, Future the Charmeleon, Lauryn the Butterfree and Mew the Mew. He had even beaten 2 gym leaders so far! He had heard the horror stories about Misty, the failed runs and the continuous stream of tears from defeated trainers that filled up her pool. Ash had already threatened to release Lauryn if she missed the Sleep Powder on Starmie but Starmie thought it was a Metapod for the whole match. Everyone wins. With 2 badges in hand and a near-full team of lv20somethings, Ash set his sights onto his 3rd badge at Fuschia City...wait?

Squad Call:

5.PNG

Future, lv21
Fire | Likes to jump a lot
Scratch | Growl | Ember | Leer

34.PNG

Metro, lv20
Poison/Ground | Doesn't trust easily
Dig | Tackle | Horn Attack | Double Kick

12.PNG

Lauryn, lv20
Bug/Flying | Feels miseducated on a few things
Tacke | Sleep Powder | Confusion | Stun Spore

25.PNG

Ranvier, lv21
Electric | Current mood: n_n
Thundershock | Slam | Double Team | Thunder Wave

151.PNG

Mew, lv14
Psychic | Wants a better name
Pound | Transform

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Took me a few days to grind, but I finally got everyone to level 31 and took on Erika, Route 12 until the Snorlax, and then came back to Celadon City and cleared out the Team Rocket hideout.

Current Team:
Wartortle (Level 33)
Nidoqueen (Level 32)
Parasect (Level 33)
Vulpix (Level 33)
Jolteon (Level 32)

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 42
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 9, 2021
Now at the S.S. Anne and slowly working my way through the rooms levelling up, took on Blue by mistake but finished him off despite having only 3 pokemon not fainted.

Pikachu (Faratay) lvl 20
Charmeleon (Silanah) lvl 16
Ivysaur (Someshta) lvl 20
Magikarp (Temeraire) lvl 18
Geodude (Rocklord) lvl 19
Pidgeotto lvl 20

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 42
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 9, 2021
Just about to enter Rock tunnel, I hate caves! Been training up my new squirtle and an abra preparing for ghosts in Lavendar town.

Pikachu (Faratay) lvl 21
Charmeleon (Silanah) lvl 21
Ivysaur (Someshta) lvl 22
Wartortle (Chelydra) lvl 20
Geodude (Rocklord) lvl 23
Kadabra (Norrell) lvl 20

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 42
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 9, 2021
Most of the way through Rock Tunnel (I hope). I really hate caves.

Pikachu (Faratay) lvl 22
Charmeleon (Silanah) lvl 21
Ivysaur (Someshta) lvl 23
Wartortle (Chelydra) lvl 25
Kadabra (Norrell) lvl 20

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 42
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 9, 2021
Finished the Rock Tunnel explored Lavendar (what there was to explore) and made my way to Celadon city. Next up hit the shops get an Eevee then do the Gym.

Pikachu (Faratay) lvl 24
Charmeleon (Silanah) lvl 24
Ivysaur (Someshta) lvl 25
Wartortle (Chelydra) lvl 27
Kadabra (Norrell) lvl 23

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
After taking a bit of a hiatus from my playthrough, I went back to it yesterday. My events started with me fighting Revan before going to Route 23 and Victory Road. After going to Route 23, I headed into Victory Road. Course while I was there, I battled all the trainers and got all the items. I also went and caught Moltres, so I now have all three legendary birds. After I made it through Victory Road, I reached the Pokemon League. My next objective is to battle and defeat the Elite Four. I have seen 130 Pokemon and own 61.

Final Fantasy Villains Team
Garland (Blastoise)
Lv. 79
Moves: Ice Beam, Earthquake, Surf, Bite

Kefka (Dugtrio)
Lv. 76
Moves: Rock Slide, Body Slam, Earthquake, Slash

Gabranth (Hitmonlee)
Lv. 76
Moves: Submission, Metronome, Strength, Mega Kick

Cid (Snorlax)
Lv. 76
Moves: Mega Kick, Toxic, Hyper Beam, Solarbeam

Zemus (Aerodactyl)
Lv. 76
Moves: Hyper Beam, Bite, Fly, Sky Attack

Exdeath (Ninetales)
Lv. 76
Moves: Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Fire Spin, Confuse Ray

Years
After ignoring the game for a few weeks, I finally returned and blasted through the second half of the gym. Collected the last three badges, caught the three legendary birds and beat the E4 with an underlevelled team.

The hall of famers eventually being...

By order of how much they actually contributed vs. The Elite Four

Duggers (Dugtrio) Lv.48 - Earthquake, Dig, Slash, Sand Attack.

Slashy (Kabutops) Lv.45 - Slash (of course), Surf, Absorb, Harden.

Articuno Lv.52 - Ice Beam, Blizzard, Fly, Peck.

Shocker (Raichu) Lv. 40 - Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Agility, Quick Attack.

Furu (Butterfree) Lv.43 - Poisonpowder, Psybeam, Stun Spore, Sleeppowder.

Moto Razr (Venusaur) Lv.39 - Cut, Mega Drain, Leech Seed, Solarbeam.

The three pokémon I never planned to have in the team eventually contributed the most whilst two of my favourites (Venusaur, Butterfree) literally didn't take a single pokémon out during the E4. At least they made it that far, unlike Primeape and Pidgeotto who lost their use to me earlier on.

Glad to have completed it without blacking out especially after a close shave in Victory Road. After that, I thought it was suicide to wander in the E4 at these levels, but it was actually reasonably easy. Perhaps I'll try a nuzlocke or monotype challenge when I play Yellow so I'm motivated to level the team up properly.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 42
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 9, 2021
Finished Celadon Gym and getting all the bits from houses and shops, now halfway through Team Rockets hideout.

REALLY wishing Pikachu wasnt so rubbish, love having him follow you round but hes so weak generally its annoying. They should've chosen a better mascot or at least realised how bad he was an improved him early on.

Pikachu (Faratay) lvl 25
Charmeleon (Silanah) lvl 29
Ivysaur (Someshta) lvl 25
Wartortle (Chelydra) lvl 28
Kadabra (Norrell) lvl 25

Rahaste

yup
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
I did not see this so I will just reply w/ the progress that I have right now.
-Obtained 128 Master Balls, Hyper Potions, and Rare Candies w/ MissingNo (Still there)
-My Pokemon's average level went up 2x (Lv.35 > Lv.70, and no, that does not mean that Lv.35 is greater than Lv.70)

I just defeated Giovanni (With an overpowered Lv.71 Gyarados) and had the battle with the rival. I strongly overpowered him (again...) because he only had Lv.45s or something. I got through the guards (You can pass through if you have the x BADGE!)
And now... I'm stuck on Victory Road and wasted 10 Max Repels to no avail.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 42
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 9, 2021
Finished Team rockets hideout and now back off to look at ghosts with the Silph scope.

Pikachu (Faratay) lvl 29
Charmeleon (Silanah) lvl 29
Ivysaur (Someshta) lvl 27
Wartortle (Chelydra) lvl 28
Graveler (Rocklord) lvl 26
Kadabra (Norrell) lvl 27

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 30, 2020
I defeated the Elite Four and my rival, Blue, on Red Version. My team consisted of Charizard, Dugtrio, Gyarados, Jolteon, Dodrio, and Chansey.

Now on to Blue Version with Squirtle.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Decided to restart Blue because I didn't like the way it was going, plus half of my team were just repeats from a LeafGreen run I did in the middle of last year.

So this time I picked Bulbasaur. Caught a Pidgey on the route above. Beat Brock.

Team:
Ivysaur (Level 16)
Pidgey (Level 14)

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 42
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 9, 2021
Did the Ghost tower, now in Silph Co 4th or 5th floor clearing it all out. Caught a Snorlax and taught it self destruct for someone for transfer with Sun/Moon. Might have to go on a catching spree soon so I can nab the EXP all, I think im only on 31 pokemon so a way to go yet as ive not really been catching any.

Pikachu (Faratay) lvl 30
Charmeleon (Silanah) lvl 30
Ivysaur (Someshta) lvl 29
Wartortle (Chelydra) lvl 31
Graveler (Rocklord) lvl 31
Kadabra (Norrell) lvl 33

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 30, 2020
I began playing Blue Version today. I started out with Squirtle, then after defeating my rival RED a second time I caught a male Nidoran. Just defeated Brock.

Current Team:
Squirtle, Lv. 14
Nidoran (Male), Lv. 10

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
And similar to my first run of Blue, I still don't have many Pokemon after beating Misty. The original two.

Ivysaur (Level 25)
Pidgeotto (Level 24)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back