• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Development: The Follow Me Script

knizz

Years
  • Seen Oct 28, 2020
This patch will allow npcs that use the 'imitate player' mode to walk through other npcs when their trainer-byte is set to 8.

eh 08062A0A 0x5EAA
eh 08062A0C 0x1C20
eh 08062A0E 0x1C33
eh 08062A10 0xF000
eh 08062A12 0xFE4C
eh 08062A14 0x79E1
eh 08062A16 0x0040
eh 08062A18 0x4388
eh 08062A1A 0xD110

Guess why this is relevant.

Last edited:

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years

Winning?

TIGER BLOOD!

knizz did this. Not me.

this is amazing:D:D:D:D
but why the fat guy coming after u?
and the grass animation seems to not work anymore?
and the following ow shouldnt walk throguh u like that.he should everytime be behind u.
but good job keep it up:D

knizz

Years
  • Seen Oct 28, 2020
And the following OW shouldn't walk through you like that. He should always be behind you.

Are you aware that 5 hours of hard work were necessary to make this possible? The whole hack is RAW HEX. It's not even ASM.
EDIT: Not the whole patch. That took even longer. I meant that it took that many hours to allow the follower to walkthrough the NPC and the other way round.

Last edited:

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
I don't know if this is actually useful, but in ruby the bytes that change when buttons are pressed are at 4000130 and 4000131. For example if I pressed up it would put BF at 4000130 and 03 at 4000131. Down would be 7F at 4000130 and 03 at 4000131. Left would be DF at 4000130, and right would be EF at 4000130. From what I can tell, 4000131 is used for "A" and "B", but not much else. I tried to use this to get a script to work on ruby but it failed misserably. This was meant to start when the player was standing on top of the person following.
Spoiler:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015

Winning?

TIGER BLOOD!

knizz did this. Not me.

Wow!
Alot of effort musta gone into to that there.
Just wondering but would the follower still be with you if you were to enter a building ... or will the dissappear.

knizz

Years
  • Seen Oct 28, 2020
Put the modified source into my Dropbox. Or do you not have write-access?

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
Duh.

Now, that's very impressive! Would there possibly be an option to make it disappear or reappear? Or even change it's sprite?

That would be as simple as copying your own OW into the TILEAREA and setting the NPC's OAM entry to point to your OW in the TILEAREA ( charset, I believe ). I believe FR uses a 'mirror memory' -- I would look up 'yet another asm tutorial' by Knizz to figure out how to find where to write your OW pixels to so that it's not automatically over-written by the game's engine.

EdensElite

No0b, but getting there.
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 4, 2014
I had a couple of ideas.

Firstly, I have noticed that lake water, reflects the image of those on it, It is similar to the surfing thing, but it might be worth a look into.

Secondly, You have obviously noticed that the height parameters required for the sprite editing is much higher than necessary. For every sprite you could just slot a pikachu behind him? The sides would be a problem though :/

Years

That would be as simple as copying your own OW into the TILEAREA and setting the NPC's OAM entry to point to your OW in the TILEAREA ( charset, I believe ). I believe FR uses a 'mirror memory' -- I would look up 'yet another asm tutorial' by Knizz to figure out how to find where to write your OW pixels to so that it's not automatically over-written by the game's engine.
Oh, really? That sounds very positive then. I also hope you figure that problem out. :)

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
I had a couple of ideas.

Firstly, I have noticed that lake water, reflects the image of those on it, It is similar to the surfing thing, but it might be worth a look into.

Secondly, You have obviously noticed that the height parameters required for the sprite editing is much higher than necessary. For every sprite you could just slot a pikachu behind him? The sides would be a problem though :/
This idea has been shot down many times. The system we have now works better anyways.

Oh, really? That sounds very positive then. I also hope you figure that problem out. :)
Psh. I doubt I use this anyways. I'm not working on a hack. :P
I'm just wanting to see it work, do it myself and understand it.
Then move on to the next subject.

Back