• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th Gen Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

piefara

human
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2013
3rd HG/SS starter, who took it

so the third starter HG/SS disapears who has it?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I'm going to assume you mean once you choose your starter and once Silver steals his own, you're wondering where and who took the third starter? If so, I'm not sure. I'd probably think Elm gave it out to another trainer, or has kept it at the lab somewhere.

Nevertheless, you'll need to elaborate on your question there, otherwise we won't be able to give you a quality answer. Anyway, these threads belong in the 4th Gen Help Thread so I'm going to move it other there.

Moved.

Last edited:

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Hmm well when you say the 3rd starter and who took it, is it like what's your theory on who took it or what :3? I'm not exactly sure, but my guess is that Professor Elm just gives it to a passing by trainer or maybe stores it away or even keeps it in his research lab for company. Nobody actually really knows what happens to the unchosen starter ;-;, but that's my theory!

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
Ok didn't know where to put this so I hope this is the right spot, I am breeding on one of my diamond game, the pokemon can have either of 2 abilities, what if any is the percentage of getting either of the 2?

Years
Ok didn't know where to put this so I hope this is the right spot, I am breeding on one of my diamond game, the pokemon can have either of 2 abilities, what if any is the percentage of getting either of the 2?

50%, which is the same chance as if they were found in the wild.

Lucifer

Fallen1
Years
I am in the distortion world in Platinum. I am where you must push the three bolders next to each lake pokemon into the holes which I have done. After talking ti Cynthia below is supposed to produce an elevator which takes you to battle Cyrus.
This is not working for me, I have received no elevator.

There is one bolder that is still visible in it's hole as though it did not properly fall, did I do this one wrong? How do I fix it? Cynthia did imply that steps must be completed for the pokemon to let you through so I assume something is not completed and this bolder doesn't look right. I followed every instruction in the psypokes.com guide.

Last edited:
Years
I am in the distortion world in Platinum. I am where you must push the three bolders next to each lake pokemon into the holes which I have done. After talking ti Cynthia below is supposed to produce an elevator which takes you to battle Cyrus.
This is not working for me, I have received no elevator.

There is one bolder that is still visible in it's hole as though it did not properly fall, did I do this one wrong? How do I fix it? Cynthia did imply that steps must be completed for the pokemon to let you through so I assume something is not completed and this bolder doesn't look right. I followed every instruction in the psypokes.com guide.

I'll provide you with this video from Marriland which should show you what to do:

Good luck with solving the puzzle!

Lucifer

Fallen1
Years
OK I think I know what I did wrong now, I didn't push two of the bolders in the holes DIRECTLY next to the lake pokemon but this doesn't tell me how to fix it.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
While wandering around on the internet, I stumbled upon an article that mentioned being banned from nintendo wi-fi connection due to using an AR or cloning. Google isn't being very helpful with this- but does anyone know if this is accurate? I've already cloned my Pokemon on Diamond version several times without trouble (short of being kicked off GTS a few times). I'm completely clueless about it, honestly.

But for Diamond/Pearl, I only actually seen articles that stated being banned for something to do with use of an Action Replay. So does it happen with cloning, as well?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Never heard of a ban with cloning and it's very hard to tell if a Pokemon has been cloned or not (in most cases anyway), so I doubt that is the case.

What you can get banned for from wifi is having hacked Pokemon (of the sort where there's impossible stats/movesets/etc) or rude nicknames.

Einarsson

Failure Trainer
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2013
I got Heart Gold, and I've just beaten the 12th gym. I took a look over my team, and got curious for what I should change, and what I must change before I face the E4 again.

I just did some quick changes after winning against her, because I want to have as many of my favourite Pokémons on the team as possible.

The team as of now:

Meganium, level 53 I don't like Meganium. Can anyone come with someone I can have instead of her?
Moveset:
Petal Dance - Should I change this?
Synthesis
Razor Leaf
Body Slam - I feel like I don't have any use of it, and I just got Giga Drain. Should I change them?

Dragonite, level 60
Moveset:

Rock Slide
Extreme Speed
Dragon Rush
Fly

Growlithe, level 25 One of my favourite Pokémon, I don't want to change him.
Moveset:
Reversal
Ember
Flame Wheel
Headbutt

Electabuzz, level 15 As Electivire is also one of my favourite Pokémons, I don't want to change this guy either.
Moveset:
Quick Attack
Leer
Thunder Shock
Low Kick

Snorlax, level 50 Omnomnom, I want him.
Moveset:
Block
Earthquake
Crunch
Surf

As you can see, I'm still missing a sixth Pokémon, where I consider getting Aggron. Is it possible to get him in HG without trading from another game?

I also got some Pokèmons on the PC, which haven't considered using.

They are:

Togepi, Nidoran, Sudowoodo, Rattata, Slowpoke, Swinub, Golbat, Golem on level 45, Gyrados, Medicham on level 79, Ampharos on level 50, Heracross, Ho-oh on level 48, Pidgeot on level 42 and Sneasel on level 62.

Thanks for every suggestion! :t380:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I got Heart Gold, and I've just beaten the 12th gym. I took a look over my team, and got curious for what I should change, and what I must change before I face the E4 again.

I just did some quick changes after winning against her, because I want to have as many of my favourite Pokémons on the team as possible.

The team as of now:

Meganium, level 53 I don't like Meganium. Can anyone come with someone I can have instead of her?
Moveset:
Petal Dance - Should I change this?
Synthesis
Razor Leaf
Body Slam - I feel like I don't have any use of it, and I just got Giga Drain. Should I change them?

Dragonite, level 60
Moveset:

Rock Slide
Extreme Speed
Dragon Rush
Fly

Growlithe, level 25 One of my favourite Pokémon, I don't want to change him.
Moveset:
Reversal
Ember
Flame Wheel
Headbutt

Electabuzz, level 15 As Electivire is also one of my favourite Pokémons, I don't want to change this guy either.
Moveset:
Quick Attack
Leer
Thunder Shock
Low Kick

Snorlax, level 50 Omnomnom, I want him.
Moveset:
Block
Earthquake
Crunch
Surf

As you can see, I'm still missing a sixth Pokémon, where I consider getting Aggron. Is it possible to get him in HG without trading from another game?

I also got some Pokèmons on the PC, which haven't considered using.

They are:

Togepi, Nidoran, Sudowoodo, Rattata, Slowpoke, Swinub, Golbat, Golem on level 45, Gyrados, Medicham on level 79, Ampharos on level 50, Heracross, Ho-oh on level 48, Pidgeot on level 42 and Sneasel on level 62.

Thanks for every suggestion! :t380:
Meganium's movepool is shallow as it is. Just get rid of Razor Leaf.

You could've let Dragonite keep Aqua Tail, or taught it Waterfall, as Water + Dragon have good coverage together. Hate to say it, but you totally wasted the Rock Slide TM on it.

Arcanine is better in Gen V, but Gen IV, it's somewhat decent:
-Flare Blitz
-Crunch
-Thunder Fang
-ExtremeSpeed
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb
(the above set is good for in-game purposes)

Electivire's move pool is huge; take advantage of it. :
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power (Ice/Grass)
-Cross Chop
-Flamethrower
Nature: Mild
EVs: 40 Atk/252 SAtk/216 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Expert Belt

or
-ThunderPunch
-Ice Punch
-Cross Chop
-Earthquake/Fire Punch
Nature: Adamant

(you'll have to breed for the above sets, though)

Snorlax is best off using physical moves, tbh, in-game and competitively..

Einarsson

Failure Trainer
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2013
Meganium's movepool is shallow as it is. Just get rid of Razor Leaf.

You could've let Dragonite keep Aqua Tail, or taught it Waterfall, as Water + Dragon have good coverage together. Hate to say it, but you totally wasted the Rock Slide TM on it.

Arcanine is better in Gen V, but Gen IV, it's somewhat decent:
-Flare Blitz
-Crunch
-Thunder Fang
-ExtremeSpeed
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
Item: Life Orb
(the above set is good for in-game purposes)

Electivire's move pool is huge; take advantage of it. :
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power (Ice/Grass)
-Cross Chop
-Flamethrower
Nature: Mild
EVs: 40 Atk/252 SAtk/216 Spe

or
-ThunderPunch
-Ice Punch
-Cross Chop
-Earthquake/Fire Punch
Nature: Adamant

(you'll have to breed for the above sets, though)

Snorlax is best off using physical moves, tbh, in-game and competitively..

All of the natures you suggest are way off from what I have.
The Growlithe has Impish, Electabuzz has naughty and Snorlax got hardy nature.

I feel wrong about the Rock Slide too, but the thing is that I just found the game again, and this is what I have. Still sad, tho.

How do I choose the Hidden Power?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
All of the natures you suggest are way off from what I have.
The Growlithe has Impish, Electabuzz has naughty and Snorlax got hardy nature.

I feel wrong about the Rock Slide too, but the thing is that I just found the game again, and this is what I have. Still sad, tho.

How do I choose the Hidden Power?

You don't choose the Hidden Power type; it's pre-determined by the user's IVs.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Please don't care about natures and EVs unless you get something really bad like for example a Growlithe with a -Atk nature. Bothering with Hidden Power in-game makes no sense as well.

Basically, in-game you just give your Pokémon strong moves in all slots, take a look at Serebii's Pokédex for all the possible moves your Pokémon can learn, and build a moveset based on them.

In 4th gen it's relatively easy to build a strong moveset even without egg moves and TMs because they completely revamped most of the learnsets due to the inclusion of new moves for most Pokémon. It's one of the (many) reasons why 4th gen is superior to 3rd gen in so many ways, because 3rd gen preserved many of the sucky learnsets from 2nd gen.

Einarsson

Failure Trainer
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2013
Please don't care about natures and EVs unless you get something really bad like for example a Growlithe with a -Atk nature. Bothering with Hidden Power in-game makes no sense as well.

Basically, in-game you just give your Pokémon strong moves in all slots, take a look at Serebii's Pokédex for all the possible moves your Pokémon can learn, and build a moveset based on them.

In 4th gen it's relatively easy to build a strong moveset even without egg moves and TMs because they completely revamped most of the learnsets due to the inclusion of new moves for most Pokémon. It's one of the (many) reasons why 4th gen is superior to 3rd gen in so many ways, because 3rd gen preserved many of the sucky learnsets from 2nd gen.

I wasn't really considering EV training anyway, as just training is boring enough already.

As for the moves, do you have any tips?

What about the sixth Pokémon, got any tips there too? :t143:

*Quick update: Right now I am going to face Blue, the 16th gym leader!
I won! Mt. Silver ahead! Where am I supposed to go now?

* Is Thunder Fang an egg move on Arcanine? If so, where do I get a Heart Scale?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2013
galactic grunt glitch

when i was playing through pokemon diamond after i beat the pastoria gym i talked to him and he wouldnt run away
Is this a glitch?

Years
* Is Thunder Fang an egg move on Arcanine? If so, where do I get a Heart Scale?

It's not an egg move, you can relearn it from the Move Relearner with a Heart Scale.

In HG/SS, you can buy a Heart Scale from the Pokeathlon's Athlete Shop, but only on Wednesdays and Sundays. Otherwise, you can go surfing on Route 27 and steal them off wild Luvdisc, but only if there's a swarm. You can check out which area is having a swarm by listening to the Professor Oak's Pokemon Talk channel on your Pokegear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back