• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Hello can you help me for download the rom base in the rom hacking ressource #26.
Thanks for the person who help me.

Pikablµ

Banned
Years
NOOOO!
NO NO NO!!!!

I have a completely unmodified clean FireRed BPRE US ROM. So I begun hacking it, started with the titlescreen, followed the steps of this tutorial. so when i had to load a raw to edit the titlescreen in unlz gba, it said too big. No problem, let's look for free space in FSF, i said. But NO FREE SPACE FOUND!?!?! What?????

How do i solve this? How do i edit the titlescreen? HOW?!?!!?!?! Does a ROM have that less free space? i can't even edit the titlescreen?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. GREATLY.

Hoshiko Aki

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2011
Hello,

I have a question about the d/p/pt boot screen in some of the other hacks.
Is there a patch or something? Yes: can you give my a link to it. If not: How can i add it to my hack then and where can I get the pic for it?

Samike360

Lover of May
Years
For some reason, when I enter a certain map (route 2 in Johto Adventures) a person event doesn't appear at all the 2 scripts completely fail to activate. Can anyone tell me what could be the problem?

monkeyman2092

Aipom Awesome!!
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2009
I don't know if this is possible but I want Pokémon Emerald's bikes to Fire Red. I like the idea of two different bikes. I could make some secret places with those bikes. Does anybody know how I can do that? (I know that it's easy to hack Emerald as well but I have already started Fire Red hacking and it's much better game to hack.) If anybody doesn't know it doesn't matter (yes, it matters...) I can do a hack without these bikes.

It is possible, but it requires a crazy amount of scripting experience.

First off, goto the Firered Bike shop and find the person who gives you a bike. I'm not much of a scripter, but it would take a script kinda like the one in Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire. It requires all kinds of intense scripting, but it should be as simple as copy and paste. However, you need to find the Hidden ID of the two Hoenn Region bikes on the Firered ROM, and edit that from the original script. But, there are some other things that may set you back, such as things like the variables, flags, etc... If you know it well enough, it should be possible. It requires no ASM hacking what-so-ever if you can figure it out.

Matteron (96)

Can't Read Lookin Ass
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2024
Ok this has become a real problem for me, whenever I insert new tiles they don't work correctly, by that I mean tiles that are supposed to cover the hero, they don't, example, trees, lamp posts, etc.
P.S. I put 00 in their behavior bites and background bites.

monkeyman2092

Aipom Awesome!!
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2009
Ok this has become a real problem for me, whenever I insert new tiles they don't work correctly, by that I mean tiles that are supposed to cover the hero, they don't, example, trees, lamp posts, etc.
P.S. I put 00 in their behavior bites and background bites.

The problem may be this:

If there are tiles in the second box of the Block Editor, then whether it covers the hero or not is determined by the Background Byte. Ex:

If the lampost is a combined tile consisting of the lampost top and the ground beneath it, then you're out of luck.

If the lampost is a seperate tile and you put the ground beneath it, then 00 should let it cover the hero.

Anzel

Alliroe Trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • NY
  • Seen Aug 24, 2015
I'm having some tile-adding issues. Every time I save the tileset thing and edit it, then go to load it into Advanced Map, it'll say I don't have a palette file...and sometimes I can't even save the tile block/whatever because it says I have 2 of the same color in my palette.

And then when I finally do have a saved file and a palette saved for it, and goes and says there can't be such a thing as FEDCBA9876543210...meh.

I can make the sprites and tiles and such, I can't even experiment much though without being able to add some tiles. UGH. It's getting on my nerves...I don't much care for Advanced Map at this point.

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
Years
Well, first of all, you have to save a tileset in advanced map to get the pallette. If you get an error on your pallette(like the 2 of the same colour), then go to the palette editor and change one of the colours that are the same... hope this helps...

Anzel

Alliroe Trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • NY
  • Seen Aug 24, 2015
Fwee...it worked. Thanks...I figured out what I did wrong --- Paint was being a pain and I had to fool around with that and changed files without really noticing/caring. :3 Thankies!!!

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Can anyone please tell me how to change the Grass Animation in Ruby please? thethethethe's tut was a little unclear to me on how to edit the pallettes.

Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2010
I've been editing Pokemon Fire Red and I've been trying to do a bunch of different things (add trainers, more pokemon you can catch, more legendaries) and I noticed when you get to Pallet Town there's Pink splotches all over the screen. Could this be from me using more than one script editor to make changes? Is there any way I can fix this? Has anyone even heard of this?

I think it had something to do with that thing on the right side of advancemap (where it says border block) shows you all the available picture sprites you can put in and some are garbled up like they are in the game. I'm wondering if you can use a sprite editor to fix this...

Last edited:
Years
I've been editing Pokemon Fire Red and I've been trying to do a bunch of different things (add trainers, more pokemon you can catch, more legendaries) and I noticed when you get to Pallet Town there's Pink splotches all over the screen. Could this be from me using more than one script editor to make changes? Is there any way I can fix this? Has anyone even heard of this?

I think it had something to do with that thing on the right side of advancemap (where it says border block) shows you all the available picture sprites you can put in and some are garbled up like they are in the game. I'm wondering if you can use a sprite editor to fix this...
I reckon your ROM's screwed up.
Now,can anybody answer this:
I'm trying to insert a sprite of Ash into my Emerald ROM.But when I do,compressed size is 0x448.I fix that,with free space.No probs.It gets written to the ROM.But,when I go back to the sprite,it's the sprite that was there originally!Is there a way I can fix this?

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
I'm trying to insert a sprite of Ash into my Emerald ROM.But when I do,compressed size is 0x448.I fix that,with free space.No probs.It gets written to the ROM.But,when I go back to the sprite,it's the sprite that was there originally!Is there a way I can fix this?

That means the image has been re-pointed. It should've worked. Go test it out in-game.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
As for the map screw-up, it goes away if a certain script on the map is executed. Look into the script to see if something causes it to happen.

I don't believe so. The error is caused by using Tileset 2 tiles in side-by-side maps that do not share the same Tileset 2. Basically, the map you're on is trying to read new tiles when the new tiles have not yet been loaded; either remove those tiles (on the map, not in the tileset) or move them away from the border of the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back