• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Eternal X & Wilting Y [Version 2.67 Released]

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Is "Endian" what you mean when 0x28A shows up as 8A 02?

So instead of 0xABC, it would be BC 0A?
Yeah, that's all you need to do.

Well that didn't work. Chespin is still Chespin. I'd replaced the values of all 3 starters with a new starter-triangle, and while I'd assumed the cutscene and selection would still show the originals, even in Party Chespin remained Chespin.
Turns out I was looking at the wrong file, the starter info is actually stored in DllPoke3Select.cro. Don't know why it's also in the other one, it's possible that both need to be edited. There isn't a copy of DllPoke3Select.cro included with the hack, though, so I might as well just upload an edited one for you (unless you want to play around with pk3ds and do it yourself). What would you like to change the starters to?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 7, 2017
If I can find that file with godmode9, I might be able to do it myself. I'd just need to place the edited version in a similar directory in the patch, right?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
If I can find that file with godmode9, I might be able to do it myself. I'd just need to place the edited version in a similar directory in the patch, right?

Yeah, it goes in the same directory as the other one. You should just be able to search the file for Chespin's index (with the bytes swapped again), I only found one instance of it. The other starters are close by, though there are only 00 bytes between them this time. Seems like one file stores levels, IVs etc. and the other one affects the species.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 7, 2017
Turns out GM9 won't get me that far. I guess I'll take you up on your offer. In an attempt to keep the starter triangle, I had Mawile, Larvitar, and Torchic.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 7, 2017
Worked perfectly. I figured you'd find it funny/useful to know:

The models and names do show up when selecting your starter, but the type description matches the original.

For instance: The Grass Pokemon: Mawile, the Fire Pokemon: Larvitar, the Water Pokemon: Torchic.

I am going to go back and re-arrange them to maintain type advantages in the right order, just in case the rival actually gets one of these. I'm not sure if they will be hard-coded to have specifically a Kalos starter or if they will get a starter based on the slot. But I can handle that myself, should just swap the Larvitar and Torchic.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 7, 2017
I had trouble finding them in DLLField since I was looking for common values of F6 and FF, but they were easier to find in DllPoke3Select, so I only changed them there and tried it out.

Sure enough, they were swapped. So I think only DllPoke3Select may be needed for starter changing. Not sure if this helps you in any future endeavors, but always good to know what files are needed for what.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Nah, X was it. Thanks dude
You're welcome!
Worked perfectly. I figured you'd find it funny/useful to know:

The models and names do show up when selecting your starter, but the type description matches the original.

For instance: The Grass Pokemon: Mawile, the Fire Pokemon: Larvitar, the Water Pokemon: Torchic.

I am going to go back and re-arrange them to maintain type advantages in the right order, just in case the rival actually gets one of these. I'm not sure if they will be hard-coded to have specifically a Kalos starter or if they will get a starter based on the slot. But I can handle that myself, should just swap the Larvitar and Torchic.
That's interesting, I guess Gamefreak just felt like hard-coding the type text. No real reason not to from their perspective I guess. The starters used by the rivals are definitely hard-coded, they're stored in the trainer Pokemon data file. They're incredibly tedious to edit due to Calem and Serena having slightly different teams, which gives you six teams to edit per rival battle.

I had trouble finding them in DLLField since I was looking for common values of F6 and FF, but they were easier to find in DllPoke3Select, so I only changed them there and tried it out.

Sure enough, they were swapped. So I think only DllPoke3Select may be needed for starter changing. Not sure if this helps you in any future endeavors, but always good to know what files are needed for what.
Yeah that's definitely good to know, thanks for sharing!

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Dec 26, 2017
Are the 1% Legendaries in the Reflection Cave and Frost Cave a joke or am I just really really unlucky? 2 days of looking for Meloetta, Diancie and Kyurem, found none of them, but instead 2 shinies.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Are the 1% Legendaries in the Reflection Cave and Frost Cave a joke or am I just really really unlucky? 2 days of looking for Meloetta, Diancie and Kyurem, found none of them, but instead 2 shinies.

The latter unfortunately. They're definitely there, I just double-checked. Were the shinies at least good ones? I'll make all the low encounter rate legendaries a slightly higher level than everything else in the area in the next update, that'll make them much easier to find.

EDIT: Update is available now, you can use repels to find Legendaries much more easily.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Dec 26, 2017
The latter unfortunately. They're definitely there, I just double-checked. Were the shinies at least good ones? I'll make all the low encounter rate legendaries a slightly higher level than everything else in the area in the next update, that'll make them much easier to find.

EDIT: Update is available now, you can use repels to find Legendaries much more easily.

THANK YOU A LOT💜💜💜

it was a horde vanillite and a jynx AND BOTH IN A ROW, IM NOT JOKING but i killed jynx cause i underestimated a power punch from blazekin. Anyway, thanks for the response and update :)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
THANK YOU A LOT💜💜💜

it was a horde vanillite and a jynx AND BOTH IN A ROW, IM NOT JOKING but i killed jynx cause i underestimated a power punch from blazekin. Anyway, thanks for the response and update :)

You're welcome! That's some pretty crazy luck there.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
I want to use insanity version but i dont want the pokemon type and stat changes.. What file should i remove?

I've answered this on your profile message too, but for anyone else who may be interested in this, you'll want to remove the a/2/1/2, a/2/1/4 and a/2/1/8 files. This won't remove illegal moves from trainer Pokemon, however, as that would require editing every trainer with illegal moves individually.

I suppose it is about time I released an insanity version without the Pokemon changes though. If you don't mind waiting a few days I could get that done pretty easily.

Years
I've answered this on your profile message too, but for anyone else who may be interested in this, you'll want to remove the a/2/1/2, a/2/1/4 and a/2/1/8 files. This won't remove illegal moves from trainer Pokemon, however, as that would require editing every trainer with illegal moves individually.

I suppose it is about time I released an insanity version without the Pokemon changes though. If you don't mind waiting a few days I could get that done pretty easily.

I think ill wait for your release(very excited), but can i play it online like breeding what i caught and trading it or using it on battles with other players? I would really love to have your features in insanity and still can play it oline, and it would be very good to have a 1 cycle egg hatch. :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
I think ill wait for your release(very excited), but can i play it online like breeding what i caught and trading it or using it on battles with other players? I would really love to have your features in insanity and still can play it oline, and it would be very good to have a 1 cycle egg hatch. :D

I wouldn't recommend playing online with the mod installed. A lot of Pokemon have their hidden ability available as a regular ability, most learn egg moves by level up, and some are in different experience groups. All of these things will make them show up as illegal online, though you could edit them quickly in PKHex to make them legal. The legal version just means that all the in game trainers will have legal Pokemon, not that the Pokemon you catch will be legal for online play.

The new version of the hack is up now, enjoy!

EDIT: the mod also doesn't completely work with the 1.5 update for XY, so it can't go online without sacrificing a few features.

Last edited:
Years
I wouldn't recommend playing online with the mod installed. A lot of Pokemon have their hidden ability available as a regular ability, most learn egg moves by level up, and some are in different experience groups. All of these things will make them show up as illegal online, though you could edit them quickly in PKHex to make them legal. The legal version just means that all the in game trainers will have legal Pokemon, not that the Pokemon you catch will be legal for online play.

The new version of the hack is up now, enjoy!

EDIT: the mod also doesn't completely work with the 1.5 update for XY, so it can't go online without sacrificing a few features.

Wow i've been waiting for this thanks a bunch!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 23, 2020
Every time I try to do the quick install I get an exception "undefined instruction" Current Process: kujira-1. Any idea what is causing this? Is it because I'm on a European 3DS? The game runs if I remove the code.bin, but I don't know what impact that has on things. I've also checked there's no updates installed.

Really hyped to play this!

Back