• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
Is that a warning for pirating or to not buy that?

Yes, unfortunately, Shiny Gold has been a target for piracy since right around Beta 2. I'm also guessing it's a bootleg, meaning it doesn't even retain a save file for long (like, a week or so). Do NOT purchase it. You will only be supporting piracy. If you'd really like to enjoy Shiny Gold on a GBA, purchase a flash cart.

name said:
Zel can you help me out?...i was using a old beta of the sg but there were some bugs..at the pokemon center....the map and no pokegear too...yesterday i saw this new beta and tryied it and it works fine its pretty cool but i can't save its already in flash 128k as you said...im using my old SG save file for this beta is that the problem?..i would really like to continue playing in my save in this better beta

Yes, that does appear to be your problem. Using the same ROM base for patching (double patching) generally does not work well. It creates bugs that are not the fault of the creator of the hack, and I'm pretty sure that holds true for "converting" save files as well.

jAvAcOlA

Banned
Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2015
Yes, unfortunately, Shiny Gold has been a target for piracy since right around Beta 2. I'm also guessing it's a bootleg, meaning it doesn't even retain a save file for long (like, a week or so). Do NOT purchase it. You will only be supporting piracy. If you'd really like to enjoy Shiny Gold on a GBA, purchase a flash cart.

What do you mean by bootleg? How can you have a bootleg of a fake game?

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
What do you mean by bootleg? How can you have a bootleg of a fake game?

I'll be honest; I wasn't quite sure what I was talking about. I'm not sure how bootlegging works exactly, but I'm betting it's cheap either way. Just do not buy it, as it is illegal.

I was scarred by a bootleg once. I still want to play Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town, but that's for a different topic. *sigh*

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
Well Zel, giving a big compliment here, I actually just restarted my game on SG after beating it already, and it's still fun :) I love the hack and everything about it, I wish you the best of luck on anything else that happens in the next beta!!!!!!!

Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2023
I'm also Portuguese and if he needs help I'm here, but please, if you want to help, keep in mind that it will be a Portuguese translation, not a Brazilian Portuguese translation (so no "você é um mau cara. Droga!")

And about the fly posts it will be that way, there are not enough.

Iam Portuguese too =D ;) i would help too if needed

SDODC13

Psychic Lover
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
Ok supose I had a flash cart for gba. If I used the patched rom would it still run like it would in the emulator?
On a side note about how many more mini games do you plan to make?

Ripper

The Dark Knight
Years
Hey there Zel, another small question about the hack...

When was it that you chnage to the tiles you are currently using? I don't remember if in Beta 2(?) you had them or the orignial FR tiles.

Also, how often do you restart your game on SG? You keep adding thins in previous maps and you must have to keep starting again to get the full advantage out of each addity. Do you use the same team each time?

Oh yeah, we may have to get this thread cleaned uyp again... There's alot of random off topic posting/flaming/asking the same questions over and over again. Maybe you should create a neg rep systme where off topic posters get bad rep? It's really annoying whenever you check back to see if there are anymore screenies or updates by you and all you find is "My game won't save! Help me!!!".

JJK

The chase is about to begin...
Years
I'll be honest; I wasn't quite sure what I was talking about. I'm not sure how bootlegging works exactly, but I'm betting it's cheap either way. Just do not buy it, as it is illegal.

I was scarred by a bootleg once. I still want to play Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town, but that's for a different topic. *sigh*
I'm not sure, but they probably stick a cheap or depleted battery on the cartridge, which runs out quickly. If any of you have a original Pokemon Gold cartridge, you know what I'm talking about: you can't save anymore, because the battery has run out. The thing I don't understand is how they get the cartridges.

Well, I played all trough beta 5 on the X version, and it may sound silly, but it still think it is too easy. It may just be me, but a XX verion would be welcome, at least from me XD.

Toshinti

Dragon Master
Years
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 14, 2008
Zel, may I ask, do you have a hacker working on ShinyGold who goes by the name of Adam, Skyler Blood, Haxormist, Zephyr Hellkaiser, or and combination of those? (or has worked at any time on it)

I would really appreciate and answer.

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
Ok supose I had a flash cart for gba. If I used the patched rom would it still run like it would in the emulator?
On a side note about how many more mini games do you plan to make?

It should. I see no reason why it wouldn't. Keep in mind, though, that any pokemon achieved on this game are technically unlegitimate, and should not be used for official competitions. I'm guessing you probably don't care about that, but it's always good to make sure.

JJK said:
I'm not sure, but they probably stick a cheap or depleted battery on the cartridge, which runs out quickly. If any of you have a original Pokemon Gold cartridge, you know what I'm talking about: you can't save anymore, because the battery has run out. The thing I don't understand is how they get the cartridges.

It's not the battery, I know that for sure. GBA games use flash memory for storing memory, and even with games that use batteries, the functions are not tied with saving. For example, Pokemon R/S/E had a battery that controlled the clock. If that battery dies, you will recieve a message telling you as much, and time based events (such as battling other people in their bases, gathering berries, etc.) would be disabled, and time would be "stuck". As in, if the game was stuck at 2:38 PM, your game would believe it to be 2:38 PM for the rest of eternity, unless you replace the battery, which, I think, if done correctly (do NOT quote me on this!) would get the clock working again without affecting your saves.

Anyways, they must have a factory for it or something. I'm betting the materials are very cheap and flimsy, and the cartridges aren't official (for instance, saying "NINTONDO" on the back). They can also damage your GBA, so avoid at all costs. Say no to pirates!

SDODC13

Psychic Lover
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
It should. I see no reason why it wouldn't. Keep in mind, though, that any pokemon achieved on this game are technically unlegitimate, and should not be used for official competitions. I'm guessing you probably don't care about that, but it's always good to make sure.

Kinda figured as much and yea you'd be right. The only tornies i take place in are online through d/p But its good to know.

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
Well the battery was actually only in RS and could be fixed by linking up with FRLG and repairing it that way. But it's just the way it's programmed.

Anyway now. I love the implementation of the new Mini-game. It's very unique. So does this mean that other progress will begin such as Music, etc.

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
Kinda figured as much and yea you'd be right. The only tornies i take place in are online through d/p But its good to know.

Even then, you should always check to make sure. Some might not view it fair that you recieved a Ho-Oh/Legendary Gerbil/Totodile/Celebi/Whatever from a hack while they went to events/bought multitudes of other games/etc. To some, it's the same as using a Gameshark to enable appearance rates, which is also seen as cheating. I personally don't see it that way, but that's just me. Although, I'm sure if you explain it to the "host", it'll be fine. MOst everyone's heard of Shiny Gold by now. ^_^

SDODC13

Psychic Lover
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
Even then, you should always check to make sure. Some might not view it fair that you recieved a Ho-Oh/Legendary Gerbil/Totodile/Celebi/Whatever from a hack while they went to events/bought multitudes of other games/etc. To some, it's the same as using a Gameshark to enable appearance rates, which is also seen as cheating. I personally don't see it that way, but that's just me. Although, I'm sure if you explain it to the "host", it'll be fine. MOst everyone's heard of Shiny Gold by now. ^_^
Thats true. This hack is all over the internet. Zel is like famous ^^

Though you do bring up a strong point though

Hikari318

Eevee Breeder
Years
I really love that hack, it's so well-done, and playing G/S/C again is awesome<3
Thank you!!

I have a question though : can Eevee evolve into Espeon?

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2008
Hey zel! You know that im waiting for the final beta to play it yeah!?

Good luck friend! Its perfect!!

Back