• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Kanto: Back to Basics (M)

Years
Kanto: Back to Basics
The next group of aspiring Kanto accredited trainers is about to begin their very own Pokemon adventure. Beginning in Professor Oak's laboratory in Pallet Town, each of them is provided with a Pokedex, a map and of course their starter Pokemon.

These trainers are introduced to the Gym Challenge (one they might already know if they've been on previous adventures) and eventually the Kanto Pokemon League, but as their journeys continue new opportunities will present themselves and they may find their goals diversifying as they themselves change and grow.
How it works and all that
Kanto: Back to Basics is a semi-sandbox roleplay. In this case, this means that there is no inherent plotline to follow aside from your character's own personal story.

A mission system is present and completing missions will earn you rewards such as evolutionary stones or TMs. Missions are completely optional however, and you are welcome to ignore them completely or contact me to create your own.

You will follow the traditional path through Kanto for the most part, beginning in Pallet Town. As the RP progresses new routes and cities will be opened up for you to explore and new opportunities for your character's to experience will be given. All characters will begin with the same task of taking on the gym challenge, but you will find that every new place you visit brings opportunities for your characters to grow and perhaps change their focus.
What do I (the GM) do
It's my job to keep things moving by opening new routes and cities when people are ready to progress (and nagging you to get you to that point). I'll also be posting the available missions and wild Pokemon at the beginning of each new route or city. Lastly, I'll be playing the roles of NPCs such as Professor Oak if/when needed.
What do you (the Player) do
Post.
No really, that's it.
There's no word count limit or anything too (okay, 100 that's in the RPT rules)...
Just post.
Rules

1. Follow the PC and RPT general rules!
  2. GM word is law, unless the GM is horribly wrong.
  3. No hard activity limit; you can drop in and drop out as you please as long as you tie loose ends before you do each and every time.
  4. Godmodding and bunnying is not okay; in the instances where you have to do it, please run it through me and get the agreement of the parties involved (if possible).
  5. Capturing pokemon is A-OK if they're in that location, unless there's a huge catch which would be mentioned in the mission description I will be giving.
  6. We don't do levels here. So levelling up and evolving is arbitrary and I trust you guys enough not to abuse it (aka don't evolve your starter immediately after fighting someone). If you think you need GM advice on when to evolve, hmu.
  7. Don't ever be afraid to ask questions/nag me. My way of working things out is answering questions and hashing them out as I go so if things seem out of sorts (or slow) and not that great they probably are and just the best way to fix that is to point it out directly so I can do something about it.
  8. Have fun? :)
Name: (Includes nicknames)
Appearance:

History: (How did you get here?)
Goals/Interests/Dreams: (Don't worry, it doesn't have to be Pokemon Champion) (Goals and dreams can be different. Your goal may be to be the best Metapod Pokemon Master, but your dream can be riding a huge shiny fucking Magikarp) (Just saying)

Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Quirks:

Starter Pokemon: (Any basic stage Pokemon that has three stages in total) (If you do three stages the first stage Pokemon is a baby - e.g. Pichu, you start at Pichu)
Nickname: (Yes, you can name your Pichu Bulbasaur)
Moveset: (Any moves they can naturally learn by levelling up, up to six, with one egg move - so that's five moves with one egg move)
Accepted Characters
Daenerys
Gimmepie
Janp
Quicksand
Mikachu
Kung Fu Ferret
Murkmire
WooliestSteam
Dragon
Magnificent Magilou
< spot 1 >
< spot 2 unless Kitty does something >

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
1XtJXxf.png

Name: Aberdeen "Deen" (he likes that) or "Ab" (he doesn't like that) Montany

Appearance:
A sort of short dude, but will probably grow up a bit as he gets older. His build is very thin, without overly much in the way of muscle underneath his pale, freckly skin. His eyes are intensively blue, but burn with a passion for adventure. He doesn't bother styling his brown hair, because even if it at least is not curly, it definitely lives its own life. It's starting to get a little long, according to his mother.

Sometimes he forces the hair down with a white baseball cap which is on backwards - featuring an embroidered yellow pokéball on the front... Which then is only visible from behind him. For other clothing, Aberdeen on the journey decided to wear black jeans, usually a black t-shirt and a blue hooded jacket, along with purple sneakers and a purple and black backpack. One of its outer pockets has inner holsters for pokéballs, but he keeps the ball of his starter in the pocket of his jacket.​

History:
Aberdeen lives in Pallet Town with his mother and father. A little over than two years ago, his older sister Anabel died in an accident involving pokémon, and that event has shaped Deen a lot. Aberdeen's father is a very artsy and cheerful man who works in Pallet's finest flower shop, while his mother is a very concerned and somewhat strict woman who works as a nurse at the local Pokémon Center. They each had one pokémon pet who became playmates of Aberdeen and Anabel as the children grew up: Sunflora and Wigglytuff.

He has lived a fairly normal and easy life and has a couple of great school friends but also nowadays an increasing number of people who find him annoying at times. This is because the young careful boy changed pretty abruptly when his sister died and became seemingly more extroverted and reckless.​

Goals/Interests/Dreams:
His main goal with this journey and why he was so willing to accept a pokémon from Oak when opportunity presented itself, is that he wants to take chances, take risks and experience things. He wants to do the things others wouldn't, he wants to be that crazy, daring person. Because his sister, despite being a tough girl in her own right, never really took any risks and preferred to be smart and play things safe... and that didn't do her any good in the end. Aberdeen refuses to end his life like that too.

He will take on the gym challenge simply because it seems like a hard challenge, but he isn't completely focused on challenging every trainer he sees or capturing every pokémon he encounters. Becoming the greatest pokémon trainer is the goal of so many kids nowadays. Aberdeen would rather become the greatest human being, and experience as much as he possibly can before he one day meets his own inevitable demise.​

Strengths:
Ab can surprise others by thinking out of the box or doing seemingly crazy spur-of-the-moment things.

He very much lives in the moment and is not easily confused; he sees what's important, at least to him right there and then. As such, he is quick thinking in the heat of things but not always the wisest when it comes to big, important decisions.

Having grown up with a father who is a walking encyclopedia on plants and a mother who is a nurse, Deen half inadvertently know his way quite well around medicine and herbs and berries and its effect on pokémon and people.​

Weaknesses:
Sort of impatient and reckless, stemming from his wish to accomplish something and take risks in life. When others take too much time or are too indecisive, Aberdeen can seem a bit selfish if he tries to make the choice for them.

Doesn't like contemplating things, so can make decisions a bit too quickly sometimes. Contemplation makes people depressed or grumpy, according to him, so if he notices that someone else is like that, he'll feel uneasy. It is especially bad if he himself gets angsty and sad, because then he starts hating himself until somebody kindly snaps him out of it.

He is not afraid of many things, but that is balanced out by him being super afraid of ghosts and anything that's got to do with death (because of his sister being dead and hearing stories about ghost pokémon having dead human souls...).

Deen is also rather physically weak!

Quirks:
When offended or outsmarted, he seems to lack a proper sense of pride since he'd admit that he was wrong rather easily. It's just another thing to accept and move on from, on towards new things to experience and new challenges to tackle.

He is totally bisexual but has never reflected on it as he hasn't been in love yet. lies HE LOVED BOTH CHRISTINA AND MORGAN

Starter Pokemon: Chikorita

Nickname: She hasn't got a nickname yet.

Moveset: Tackle - Razor Leaf - Poisonpowder - Synthesis - Growl - Vine Whip

Roleplay Sample JUST BECAUSE: Deen's old last post from Crossroads Act I... http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8747818&postcount=174

c3b1ad26a17e98852de7e0fa0bda987f.png

Last edited:

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
Spoiler:

Name: Keira

Appearance: She is rather short for her age, standing currently at about 4'8. She is actually quite strong, despite her skinny, girly body. She has a light complexion with short pink hair. She is always seen wearing her favorite cat hoodie no matter what. She tends to be quit shy at times and struggles to meet friends, but she is determined to come out of her comfort zone. She shies away a lot when social interaction or even sensory issues get the best of her. She loves to be herself and dresses in very odd ways compared to those around her.

History: She lives in Pallet Town with her older sister. Her parents passed away when she was only six years old. They passed away in a fire that occurred where they both worked. All her life, she's always been very socially-awkward. People have often made fun of her for being different. She has lived most of her life being homeschooled by her older sister, which was due to the bullying she endured in public school. The only friend she's ever had her whole entire life was a Pokemon that she met when she was fifteen. The two have been through a lot together, and her Pokemon has already tried helping her grow into what she is today.
Goals/Interests/Dreams: Her dream is to become more social and less shy. Since she struggles a lot with autistic tendencies, she ends up withdrawing from the world around her. She wants to be the best trainer she could be by allowing her abilities to help her along the way and such. She's also feels that going on this journey would help her improve as a person and make her older sister proud. She wants to be what her older sister couldn't be, and that's being a Pokemon trainer.

She is very interested in Pokemon. She'll pretty much talk your ear off when it comes to them. Even more so than normal, seeing how it's mostly a huge passion for her. She also loves being around water, and she doesn't have any problem being drawn to it. She prefers mostly writing in her journals and documenting her Pokemon travels.

Strengths: She gets along with just about every Pokemon. She has a tendency to understand them and their struggles. She is excellent at expressing herself through writing, but she does pretty well when it comes to verbal expression at times. This is another thing that can also depend on her mood and what she's also trying to so as well.
Weaknesses: She is very asocial and timid. She also has a tendency to be rather disorganized. She is a bit clumsy, and she is often known for tripping over her own feet. She is also bothered a lot by loud noise and too much going on around her at times (depending on her mood). She's also never battled before in her whole life.
Quirks: She loves stuffed toys. She often collects them on a daily basis. She also enjoys sweets more than any other type of food. She is also demiromantic, seeing how she usually needs to be emotionally connected to others at times.

Starter Pokemon: Shinx
Nickname: Shinji
Moveset: Tackle - Leer - Spark

Spoiler:

I hope this is okay. ;w; I haven't actually RPed since like... 2004. So, I might be really rusty at this.

Last edited:

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
Years
Name: Flame

Appearance: A boy thats about 5' 6'', he wears a red t-shirt, sometimes with a fire and ice swirl on it. Got on blue jeans and Red sneakers. His eyes are oddly colored, the right eye is a firey red and his left eye is a icy blue. He isnt a strong child, but isnt fat either. His hair is short, (https://www.bing.com/th?id=OIP.qk0uA3__pGw-s-WdjvcIjwHaHa&w=216&h=211&c=7&o=5&pid=1.7), the middle part is Icy blue and the other parts is a Deep red.

History: He was born in Ninja Village Kalos, a small village not really on the maps but ninjas are trained and grown up there, he never did well being a ninja. He kind of put his family to shame because of that. His father was never really around, rumors though of his father being a great pokemon trainer. One day his mother told him that they were moving, out of the region. The reason being of him putting his family into shame. His mother allowed him to get his starter before they moved to Kanto. He got Froakie, they both stayed with eachother, he kept Froakie out of his pokeball and on his shoulder. He managed to battle a bit before they moved. He made a promise to Froakie and himself, once in Kanto he and him will become a great team together, and will work hard to get there. After about a week in Kanto, he went to Professor Oak to get him registered to challenge the gyms and travel. He already had a starter so no need to get another one.
Goals/Interests/Dreams: Become like his father, if hes not what he is in his legend, then to be a great pokemon trainer. Make friends, get stronger, meet someone to love.

Strengths: Able to make quick decisions, and can be sneaky
Weaknesses: Cute pokemon, cute girls, sometimes his decisions of quickness is not the best and can go very wrong

Starter Pokemon: Froakie
Moveset: Pound, Bubble, Quick Attack

Last edited:
Years
Ab!! Ab is totally bisexual.

Dw, we can both be total long time noobs here <3

I like your choice in creating an autistic character and I can't wait to see you write her! <3 One thing that does struck me as odd is one of her strengths is doing pretty well when it comes to verbal expression, while in her weakness and history (as it's core), Keira is seen as an asocial person and shies away from social interaction. Maybe expand more on why this is a thing, or change it to what you were trying to go for? :)

Flame!! I see that fire and ice theme you got going. ;) I'm not sure if your SU is finished, but there's just one main thing we gotta talk about: your starter. I support the ninja story (maybe mention that it's a hidden village in Kalos? I'm assuming it's not one of the major cities), but maybe include the fact that because you already got Froakie from your hometown, you didn't have to get a Pokemon from Professor Oak anymore, as it would be required to visit him to get your Kanto accreditation.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I like your choice in creating an autistic character and I can't wait to see you write her! <3 One thing that does struck me as odd is one of her strengths is doing pretty well when it comes to verbal expression, while in her weakness and history (as it's core), Keira is seen as an asocial person and shies away from social interaction. Maybe expand more on why this is a thing, or change it to what you were trying to go for? :)

It helps since I'm autistic myself. I also changed that part. I mean, I'm pretty good at verbal expression myself, but there are still times when I struggle t explain things. It really depends a lot on my mood and/or the topic as well (I tried to add that to hers).

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
Years
main thing we gotta talk about: your starter. I support the ninja story (maybe mention that it's a hidden village in Kalos? I'm assuming it's not one of the major cities), but maybe include the fact that because you already got Froakie from your hometown, you didn't have to get a Pokemon from Professor Oak anymore, as it would be required to visit him to get your Kanto accreditation.

It is finished, but i edited what you said to add in. hope it works. Also yeah, flame is my go to boy right here. always got that fire and ice theme going on.

Years
Andrea Tuati
16 / Female / From Knot Island (One Island)

Appearance: Andrea is a little below average height, being about 5'4" and is thin with a toned build. Being a member of the Sevii Island's indigenous population, Andrea has naturally tanned skin, that she's probably further darkened by frequently being outdoors. She has long, straight black hair that is typically worn down and large brown eyes.

Andrea tries to keep her clothing both stylish and practical and favours shades of red or orange over black or dark grey. Commonly she can be seen donning a simple dark-coloured button-up shirt and matching skirt or leggings below her trademark red vest with the faux fur collar. Her preferred footwear is a pair of heft red boots and generally compliments her attire with fingerless gloves and her pokeball hat. On her journey she has brought a single strap yellow back back that can have pokeballs attached to the strap.

History: Andrea, the eldest of three children, was born to her parents on Knot Island (One Island), part of the Sevii Island's sub-region off the coast of Kanto. Like the other Sevii Islands, the actual population of the island is extremely small and pretty much everyone knows everyone. It's a tight-knit community and not a bad way to grow up, albeit not one that is filled with much excitement.

Andrea spent most of her free time helping with her younger siblings, or with the family business. Knot Island is a tourist destination on account of its natural beauty and, even more so, its bountiful hot springs thanks to Mt. Ember. As such, the tourism industry makes up for a lot of the income on the island and the Tuati family was no exception with Andrea's parents and grandparents operating a small inn.

Helping with the Inn brought Andrea into contact with a lot of people from all over not just Kanto but other regions in the world as well. She grew to become intoxicated by their tales of far off places and began to long to visit as many of them as possible. However, she was needed to help out at home, so it seemed unlikely she would get to satiate these cravings. Instead, she warded off her hunger for adventure by wandering the area around Mt. Ember and vicariously living through people on TV.

Just recently however, Andrea has finally been able to have her wish granted. The inn is doing well and her family have been able to ire extra help, freeing her up to travel to Kanto to begin her journey. She obtained her starter from the small lab on the island and was directed to Pallet Town so she could obtain a Pokedex and Kanto Trainer's License from Professor Oak, a colleague of the researcher there.

Goals/Interests/Dreams: Andrea hasn't really thought much about the long term. Having grown up on Knot Island and never left, her goal predominately is to travel and see the world beyond the closed community of the island and to have new experiences. Coming from a place without a gym challenge or league of its own, Andrea is eager to experience the gym challenge for herself as well.

Strengths:
Good Improviser: Andrea has always been a bit spur of the moment and finds it easy to go with the flow in any given situation or to otherwise come up with solutions to problems on the fly.

Determined: Andrea is very much the sort of person to stick to her guns. If she decides she's going to do something then she is damn well going to find a way to do it.

Focused: Andrea has good concentration and isn't the type to be easily distracted or dissuaded from what she's doing. In combination with her improvisational skills this can make her surprisingly formidable in battle.

Outgoing: Maybe it's because of all her time interacting with guests, but Andrea is perfectly comfortable in a crowd of people and has no issues being the centre of attention. She doesn't necessarily actively seek out the spotlight but she enjoys being there.​

Weaknesses:
Reckless: Desperate to experience new things and prone to improvisation are traits that also lend themselves to a reckless disposition. Andrea is prone to rushing into a situation without considering the ramifications of her actions.

Stubborn: There's also little point trying to change her mind once she does run into a situation she shouldn't. A flip-side to her focus is that she is adamant and stubborn. Once she's made her mind up about something, it's not easy to change her mind and the harder you try the more she'll dig her heels in.

Lack of self-control: Andrea is poor at resisting temptation, even if giving into that temptation isn't necessarily the best idea. This leads to her being bad at managing her finances and hurts her decision-making ability.

Temper: Andrea can be a bit of a hot head and is prone to fits of snark. While she is generally aware of this and tries to keep herself in check, her aforementioned lack of self control can lead to fiery explosions and at those times it's generally best to just stay out of her way.​

Quirks:
Fond of food: It's a good thing that Andrea doesn't shy away fro physical activity because she has an apatite to rival a Snorlax. She is the sort of person who can and will pack away a veritable mountain of food, render herself immobile, complain about it and then go right back to eating as soon as she can.

Outer inner monologue: You know how most people maintain a monologue in their heads, giving voice to their thoughts? Well, Andrea has one of those too. The trouble is that she often voices those thoughts out loud simultaneously, sometimes missing that she was even doing so because she was focused on the "inner" part.​

Ahi

240.png

(Male, Vital Spirit) - Smog, Smokescreen, Flame Burst, Fire Punch, Faint Attack, Dynamic Punch​

Will finish this off later today or tomorrow!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
"I c-challenge you to a battle... Y-You know, if that's okay...?"

Violet Raynes / Female / 17 Years Old

DjugxTn.jpg

Appearance

Violet stands at a height of about 5'8" even. She has long, straight, black hair that reaches down to the middle of her back, that the girl tends to keep pulled up into two braided pigtails. The rest of her hair is usually kept in quite a messy fashion, though the only sign one has of that are the bangs that peek out from the wool stocking cap she always tends to wear on the top of her head. Very thin in build and pale in complexion, Violet resembles one who rarely goes outdoors unless absolutely required... as suggestion that wouldn't be far off from the truth. Violet has gray eyes that seem to rarely show emotion. She dresses casually, in darker colors as well. She usually wears very baggy t-shirts and shorts, with black sneakers constantly adorning her feet. Regardless of her fashion choice, Violet always wears a necklace given to her by her late father.​

Strengths

Level-Headed: Violet is a very cautious person. She always takes the time to think things through, trying to calculate the possible repercussions of any action she might take when faced with challenges. She has always been one to find that the best plan of action is to actually come up with a solid plan, as well as the best way to avoid embarrassment or injury.

Observant: Violet has a keen eye when taking in her surroundings. She is quick to notice when something appears off or when someone around her is acting unusual, almost as if she has a sixth sense when dealing with unusual situations. She is quick to pick up on small details, allowing her to adjust how to best handle the unexpected.

Imaginative: Violet has a very creative soul, mostly as a result of usually being seen with her face in a book or at the very least having one close by. While the girl has been known to read the occasional book on Pokémon anatomy or the history of the area around her, the girl tends to love reading fantasies involving brave knights taking on fierce challenges and fire breathing monsters being toppled by cunning and powerful wizards. As a result, she is able to come up with some pretty vivid thoughts and daydreams, often incorporating unusual tactics into her battling.​

Weaknesses

Timid: Violet is a very soft-spoken individual. She tends to do rather poorly when forced into large groups or into dealing with people she knows very little about. To some degree, one can view her as extremely inept when it comes to social interactions, preferring to find someway to blend in with the background as opposed to being part of the action. Her cautiousness nature tends to go a bit overboard at points, leading her to being quick to give up when something seems a bit too risky. This leads her to be perceived as being quite cold and distant, but in reality she is simply afraid to reach out and make any real connection with those around her.

Frail: Violet is not exactly the most durable of trainers. She has a habit of spending most of her times indoors, leaving her physical conditioning to be quite poor. With low physical endurance, she is known to become easily tired rather quickly, resulting in her taking longer to complete many tasks as opposed to her fellow trainers.

Self-Loathing: Violet is known to be quite harsh on herself. She tends to view her failures, regardless of the effort she did put in, as her own fault... even if it was the cause of circumstances beyond her control.​

History

Violet was born and raised in Saffron City. She comes from a rather well-to-do family, with her father working as a top developer within the Silph Company, while her mother makes as a successful Pokémon Coordinator. Both jobs tend to keep the two rather busy and out of the house often, which left Violet in the care of the hired help more often than not. While many would have thought that this would have caused Violet to have a rather distasteful opinion of her parents, the girl was quite well behaved as a child and seemed to understand full and well that they were following the goals they set in life for themselves in order to provide a happy home for the child and themselves. Unfortunately despite their best efforts, disaster managed to strike the family.

At the young age of five, Violet was stricken with a strange illness that threatened the girl's very life. Both parents were forced to put their careers on hold, as the girl was forced to spend several years of her life within the local hospital under constant supervision. Still, the two could not very well just put everything up on hold. This resulted in Violet's mother retiring at a very young age from the Coordinator racket, while her father had to pick up the slack on his end. With Violet constantly needed proper care and her mother being the one to almost always be at the service end of that need, a gradual rift began to rise within the family. Both parents began to argue more and more, with poor Violet often being in the center of that argument. In the end, Violet's mother divorced her father, running away from the child and her husband without so much as a single letter left in the wake.

Violet's father took the divorce rather hard, somehow devoting even more of his time to his work at the Sylph Co. During the rare occasions in which Violet would get to see her father, the girl noticed the pain in his eyes over the fact that his marriage had ended. It was only natural that Violet began to feel at blame for what had happened, often wishing that she had never been born or that her illness had managed to claim her life. The girl managed to survive however, and after spending several years receiving various medical treatments she was finally able to live somewhat of a normal life again. The problem was that Violet had lived secluded and away from the public eye for so long, that the girl had developed strong, anti-social tendencies and anxiety. She couldn't stand to be out in public for long, at times even having panic attacks that would require her to be rushed home as quickly as possible. The girl was eventually given some psychiatric help in an attempt to aid in her fears.

As the treatments went on, her doctor prescribed it best that Violet eventually be reintroduced to the public. He felt that the best way for this issue to be properly cured was for Violet to travel the region and experience all sorts of different interactions with people along the way. The easiest way he saw this possible was for the girl to take up the career as a Pokémon trainer. Violet was initially wary of the decision, feeling unsure as to whether or not she would actually be a worthwhile trainer. However, in the back of her mind she had recalled a time in her younger days where the thought of being a trainer and seeing the world was all she could think about. Perhaps, this was just the solution the doctor ordered after all...​

Goals And Interests

Violet's main goal on her journey is to officially overcome her anxieties in regards to being in the public and in crowded spaces. Not wanting her journey to only be for selfish reasons, she has made a promise to herself to seek out her mother in an attempt to bring the woman home and patch up the rift that has formed between the woman and her father.​

Starter Pokémon

252_1.png

Zidane the Treecko (Male | Impish | Likes To Fight| Overgrow)
Quick Attack | Absorb | Leer |Pursuit | Pound | Crush Claw

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Well she hasn't accepted anyone yet ;;

Haha gp did you mean we'd be rivals because of similar starters?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Similar personalities too I just haven't written that part yet.
fite me

I was gonna have Deen name his Elekid Keen. I feel like that's the kind of dumb creativity he would have.

Last edited:
Years
I'll be doing the accepting bits this Friday, so if you guys have more changes and stuff you can do the thing :^)
On that note, here is my own little character that will act as an NPC should anyone of you need anything that involves Professor Oak (or an instant cash grab). He's a busy man!

Name: Emily Koch

Appearance:
If one were to describe how Emily looks in one word, small would be a good choice. She is just 5'2" in height and has thin, petite build weighing it at just 45kg. Her skin is fair and unblemished by the sun or by injury and her hair is long, straight and blonde. Combine these traits with softer features and brown doe-eyes and it's very easy to mistake her for being a couple of years younger than she actually is.

Her sense of fashion doesn't help much with this either. She likes to dress girly in skirts or dresses with impractical footwear, long socks and her favourite pink cardigan. She keeps her hair back with a simple headband and likes to accessorise with ribbons and bows.

History:
The Koch family is one of the most influential families in Unova, known primarily for their shares and booming businesses provided by the Castelia Towers, spearheaded by her father herself. Having a net worth of 99 Billion Pokedollars, one would think that Emily doesn't need to go out and work. And you're right, she doesn't. Apart from studying in a private school, Emily often just accompanies her father on business trips, and her mother on shopping sprees.

Everything was going pretty well until her 15th birthday, where she has a sudden spark of interest in Pokemon research, despite not having much in terms of experience with them. Her father blamed it on the educational shows ("It was that Elm chap again isn't it?") ("Always that Elm chap, making Pokemon interesting grumble grumble..") they were watching at school. Either way, Emily was interested and she really wanted to try it out.

Come her 16th birthday, her father surprised her with the opportunity of a lifetime! She was able to go to Kanto and be one of Professor Oak's on the field research assistants and be a trainer and get a Pokemon and everything! Oh she was so excited, she already began browsing the available Pokemon they had and imagining the best adventure ever, completely ignoring the Magnezone her father had offered her to start her journey with.

Goals/Dreams/Interests:
Her goal is to become a Pokemon Researcher!! She's really excited to be one with the Pokemon and studying them. They seem really nice from her perspective. Professor Birch makes it look easy, Professor Elm makes it look funny.

Her dream though? She wants to find a really cool Pokemon and study it. Just like Professor Rowan, the one that finds all the awesome stuff like that shiny Gyarados! Yeah, she wants to be like that too.

She likes to explore and research, like Professor Oak, her research idol. And Professor Juniper too! Who can ever forget their lovely evolution Professor that visited them thrice in their school to show elemental monkeys evolving? That was so cool!! Professor Juniper is the best, she decides.

Strengths:
She's really nice, like, ridiculously nice. She'll give you whatever you want, really. She's not exaggerating. She's also ridiculously rich. She's given an allowance of 50,000 Pokedollars per month as spending money. She's also oblivious, not being upset that easily from any awful thing that happens to her. Because of that, she'll easily get back up and try again, able to stay determined each and every time and even explore creative ways of succeeding.

She's also good at business and maths. She learned that from school!

Weaknesses:
She's pretty oblivious, she doesn't have any idea what people think of her, even though it's slapping her right in the face. She's also slightly gullible, quickly falling for various scams and tricks that gets her into trouble quite easily. And despite her interest in being a Pokemon researcher, she has no idea how Pokemon work. She's the type of person who would try to teach a Magikarp how to fly.

She's also not very athletic, it was her worst subject at school too. That's why she has a bike that they bought for 1 million Pokedollars! They forgot to bring it to Kanto though, which was slightly depressing.

Quirks:
She will frequently ignore her status in life, and think that it's a common thing for everyone to be able to do things that she does, like take a jet plane to Kanto instead of a Ferry because she gets seasick easily.

She brings her Igglybuff around like a balloon, because it's much easier. Igglybuff agrees with her. It's a mutual agreement on both parties.

Starter Pokemon: Igglybuff
Nickname: She didn't give Igglybuff a nickname because all the Professors don't too.
Moveset: Heal Pulse - Sing - Defense Curl - Pound - Sweet Kiss - Copycat

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I think I would like for Aberdeen to have a Chikorita (which likely will never evolve because Chiko > the evos haha). Would it be possible for it to know Vine Whip instead of an Egg Move? It knew that move in the anime, and I'd love for it to be able to use it in this RP too.

Years
I think I would like for Aberdeen to have a Chikorita (which likely will never evolve because Chiko > the evos haha). Would it be possible for it to know Vine Whip instead of an Egg Move? It knew that move in the anime, and I'd love for it to be able to use it in this RP too.

I just checked Bulbapedia, it does learn Vine Whip as an Egg Move though :> I think Nintendo realized that Chikorita not knowing Vine Whip somehow is weird.

Back