• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Amethyst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
EDIT: Screenshot!
Screenshot162.png

Could it be... a Pokémon Gym?

Uh..uh..I-I think it's a...PokéMart! =D

Seriously, nice job on the gym. Can't wait to see some more updates. ;D
Good Luck~

☆Patched☆

Is a Death Note and Bleach Fan
Years
Anyway, I've been making some new tiles, and therefore have finally progressed with mapping :D

EDIT: Screenshot!
Screenshot162.png

Could it be... a Pokémon Gym?

I'm loving the new tiles. :3 But wait, it's not in a city! :o I'm guessing Grass and/or Bug enthusiast.

It's looking great so far. I'm waiting to see the heroine overworld.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
It is in a city. You know, not all cities are grey and concreted over...
Fortree City in Hoenn is a good example. Being in the middle of a forest, it doesn't need roads.
I'm pretty sure one of the screens on the first page had the heroine OW... I'm planning on revamping them anyway, so I'll post them once I do.

Pokepal2007

angels awakening
Years
Just want to give you all a heads up don't get confused with this game and my game mine will have [shuns games] in front when it is accepted

Game Master

Pokemon:Battle of the Elements
Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2009
The map looks kinda weird though..how did you made the title screen?! looks cool.

Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2009
I love the way this project is looking and going. I have a few questions about some things that other pokemon generations have had.

1)Will this game have new eeveelutions? If so can you say the types?
2)Can there be another ninja pokemon? They usually make the game very good by themselves.
3)Is there a way to battle other people who are playing this game? I know there are existing programs to battle but they don't have these new pokemon. Hopefully there will be a way to battle ingame.

Yes to all plz.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
1. Nope, no new Eeveelutions. I don't currently have plans for Eevee to be obtainable, anyway.
2. Again, no plans for ninja Pokémon. Sorry! You'll be able to catch Nincada and Ninjask eventually, though.
3. No link battles at the moment. However, they will definitely be in the second or third release.

Anyway, some bad news. Lmayonaise has left the team for personal reasons. This means I am looking for a new Sugimori artist! If you are interested, please PM me with an example of your work. As with other staff, you will get a Mystery Gift, and also, you will get to see Pokémon before anyone else! Of course, as with any other staff position, I am only looking for top-quality artists, so brush up on those skills!

EDIT: No-one? Well, I guess I should give it a go, then. Expect Sugimori art of the starters sometime tomorrow!

EDIT 2: Just to clarify, I'm doing the art myself, so no longer need an artist. Sorry about that if you were interested!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
New Dipleaf design:
DipleafSugi.png

I have discovered I'm actually not bad at Sugi art :P

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
Years
New Dipleaf design:
DipleafSugi.png

That's amazing, Wichu. o_o Well done. I fail to see why you would consider another artist when you capture your Pocket Monster's design so well.

Just a random passerby, excellent game, and I'll be sure to stop by more often now. |D I like the features you have going for ya too. Keep up the fantastic work, Wichu. :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
That's amazing, Wichu. o_o Well done. I fail to see why you would consider another artist when you capture your Pocket Monster's design so well.

The thing is, I didn't know I was that good at Sugimori art, since I've never tried it before :P

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
I'm going to try and get the other two starters done tomorrow, and then get back to spriting and mapping. After I finish the starters, would it be a good idea to do one piece of art every week?

Years
  • Seen Sep 19, 2009
New Dipleaf design:

Holy Sh-t! And you want another artist why? Your Sugimori art is really good!!!!

I was gonna see about being your sugimori artist, but your art is better XD

Off Topic: How do you emulate Sugimori's art style ? I've been trying to learn, but no dice D: Any tips?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
It takes me about an hour and a half in total. Half an hour to draw and scan the lineart, then another hour to colour it.
I used this tutorial. You need Photoshop to do it properly, although it should be possible on some free alternatives, such as the GIMP.
Anyway, Ignicub is finished. Again, it's been redesigned slightly.
IgnicubSugi.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back