• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Which starter did you choose?

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2011
Insert random filler here.

Last edited:

Stratos99

Banned
Years
I went with Treecko and Charizard. For some reason when I started gen3 I knew next to nothing about Treecko and everything about Torchic and Mudkip when it came to evolution so I was curious as to what Treecko's looked like. Not to mention he looked pretty great himself. Charmander was just the obvious pick for me, as I look at Charizard as the champion of gen1.

ScentedLove

Hopeless Romantic
Years
In sapphire I picked Torchic because its my favorite out of the three starters
In Firered it was actually pretty funny because I wanted to pick squirtle but I picked charmander instead and I was so sad but when I send it out to battle it was a shiny which was luck I guess? I still have that charizard in my pokemon box on pokemon Soulsilver somewhere.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
I've used all three Hoenn starters, and so far I like Mudkip the best, seriously, I don't know what all the hate on him is for. Treecko is pretty good too. He starts out Great, then starts to lose value, then gets good again with Leaf Blade. Torchic is alot like Treecko, Starts out awesome, then starts to lose value, due to weak moves like peck, and ember. However, Mudkip is good for taking out ALOT of gyms. Rock, Electric (or atleast, Marshtomp is anyway), Fire, and in Ruby and Sapphire he has an advantage against most of Steven's Pokemon. So yeah, Mudkip is really good.

Garouga! Bare Your Fangs!

Throw your fangs up!
Years
RBE: Mudkip. Nothing is more comforting than reaching the late game with a starter that can learn Earthquake, Surf, and Ice Beam. Many, many more uses than the others.

FRLG: Bulbasaur. People say it's only good for the first couple of gyms and it sucks against the last few, but I disagree. By the time you get to them, you have the resources available to deal with them via other means.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Torchic and Charmander xD

Torchic because I saw it in a clip of the anime, Charmander because I wanted FireRed, but could only find LeafGreen (this was 2008, though), and thought Charizard looked cooler.

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
Years
I've had 'em all. The ones I remember best are Squirtle (level 100 Blastoise now) and Mudkip. So yeah, Water sticks around the longest.

bOxieLiciOus

not here 4 lipsyncing
Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2011
i chose bulbasaur and treecko. gotta love grass types~ totally; awesome.. :>

Years
the first time i aver played Sapphire (In japanese) i picked Treecko, but i didn't play that far. the one time i made it far then, was with Torchic, and in English, I only choose Torchic, and get the other starters later.
Firered/Leafgreen was a bit more complex, since the /johto legendary is based on the starter, I picked Charmander at first, then i went with bulbasaur and got the other 2 later.

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2010
For Ruby and Emerald I picked Treeko, cause he looks awesome, and grass types are cool.

For Fire-red I picked Charmander, because I really liked him.

Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2010
I chose Chikorita and Totodile as mu starters.. coz they both have cool evolutions.. :)

Years
When I first played Sapphire I picked Treecko, just because I had never started with a grass-type before. On Fire Red, I chose Charmander, just like I did in Red.

Syvelocin

Eevee Breeder
Years
I always pick Bulbasaur in my FireRed game. I wub him!
The first time with Sapphire, I chose Torchic I believe (that was seven years ago...) I never chose Treeko, I hate the thing. I've alternated between Torchic and Mudkip, and my current Emerald game I restarted I chose Mudkip. I like him better.

Back