• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Themed Teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phangy

Master
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 10, 2014
With increased boredom, I've been thinking of stupid/fun little teams to play with based on whatever themes I can think of.

So far I have 2 teams:

Fire Starters-All 6 fire type starters.

Team Puppy-Growlithe, Houndour, Lillipup, Furfrou, Poochyena, and Electrike

So, what other teams can you guys come up with? Doesn't really matter if they work competitively or not, it's just for fun.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 23, 2016
One I always find fun is pretending you're one of the bad guys in the game, and only training Pokemon that they use. A team based on Team Flare might consist of Mightyena, Scrafty, Manectric, Houndoom, Toxicroak and Swalot.

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
Years
I'm planning to make a team composed of miscellaneous object:
Garbodor (rubbish), Chimecho (chime bell), Banette (doll), Chandelure (chandelier), klefki (keys) and Rotom (one of its forms)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 18, 2015
With the new addition of fairy typing, I kind of want to do an all-fairy team. :D

Y2A_Alkis

Been there since day 1.
Years
I find team themes pretty cool, too. Imo, the games should incorportate such themes more heavily in the future. As of now, there are so many possibilities: (not all of them are exactly 6)

Midnight: Gengar, Noctowl, Lunatone, Darkrai, Cresselia, Gliscor, Umbreon
Ancient: Groudon, Bronzong, Xatu, Relicanth, Claydol, Sigilyph, Golurk
Alien: Clefable, Metagross, Registeel, Magnezone, Deoxys, Beheeyem
Arctic: Regice, Walrein, Empoleon, Articuno, Mamoswine, Samurott
Turtles: Blastoise, Shuckle, Torkoal, Torterra
etc pp

Phangy

Master
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 10, 2014
I completely forgot about Team Eevee, any compination of the 9 Eevee/eeveeloutions.

Last edited:

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I enjoy doing these kind of challenges a lot - based on animals I like or by certain types. I have a few that I want to play, but first I need to buy new copies of Pokemon X and Pokemon Y, (& another 3DS so I can trade the low level Pokemon to the new games).

Planned Challenges:
• Cat Team: Persian, Luxray, Purugly, Liepard, Pyroar (female), Meowstic (female) <-- (started already)
• Weasel Team: Mienshao, Furret, Linoone, Typhlosion, Weavile, Floatzel
• Normal-Type Team: Cinccino, Watchog, can't remember the other 4 I had planned
• My Favorite Eeveelution team: Vaporeon, Sylveon, Leafeon, Flareon, Umbreon, Glaceon
• once again I want to do an all Watchog team

Last edited:
Years
I like to choose a character from a movie or television program and give them 6 Pokemon I think they would train in real life. Then go ahead and make this team.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
In the future, I might make an all-flying team consisting of Drifblim, Skarmory, Togekiss, Talonflame, Hawlucha, and Salamence. Skarmory would be the one to set-up entry hazards (like Stealth Rock and Spikes), and Drifblim could block those who try to blow these hazards away with Rapid Spin. Togekiss and Talonflame would respectively be the special and physical sweepers, and thanks to the help of Hawlucha, I could wipe out all rock- and ice-types that try to take them down. This team would be extremely weak against electric Pokémon, but to counter them, there's Salamence. :]

Phangy

Master
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 10, 2014
In the future, I might make an all-flying team consisting of Drifblim, Skarmory, Togekiss, Talonflame, Hawlucha, and Salamence. Skarmory would be the one to set-up entry hazards (like Stealth Rock and Spikes), and Drifblim could block those who try to blow these hazards away with Rapid Spin. Togekiss and Talonflame would respectively be the special and physical sweepers, and thanks to the help of Hawlucha, I could wipe out all rock- and ice-types that try to take them down. This team would be extremely weak against electric Pokémon, but to counter them, there's Salamence. :]

I really like that team, I never use flying beyond just getting around so i might give that one a try.

Also might come up with a ghost team, I'll have to look cuz i'm not that familiar with ghost type, but i would want a scary/freaky theme with them.

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 22, 2015
Ironic, I'm doing a challenge with a team I nicknamed "Flower Power", a team of Pokemon related to plants/flowers.
Team (Fully evolved): Bellossom, Meganium, Jumpluff, Sunflora, Roserade and Lilligant.
Wish me luck!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 27, 2014
Iam going to do reds tean from pokemon gold and a all fossil pokemon team cuz i have all the fossil pokemon from all generations.

Phangy

Master
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 10, 2014
Iam going to do reds tean from pokemon gold and a all fossil pokemon team cuz i have all the fossil pokemon from all generations.

I like the fossil team, Ancient Pokemon theme kind of thing, very nice.

Looked into the Freaky Team: Banette, Ducknoir, Sableye, Trevenant, Mismagius, and Froslass, possible substitutes Gangar and Cofagrigus

Last edited:

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
I battled a monkey team the other day: Simipour, Simisear, Simisage, Primeape, Ambipom and Slaking; and a frog team: Toxicroak, Politoed, Greninja, Seismitoad, another one that I can't remember, and a Ludicolo {XD}

As for myself, I don't really do themed teams, unless it's a monotype. However, I usually give themed nicknames to my Pokemon, for example, I'm currently training a rain team and all the Pokemon have nicknames based on brands of foods and drinks, like Pepsi the Toxicroak and Pringles the Floatzel.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 19, 2014
Espeon,
Shiny Vaporeon,
shiny herracross,
Blissey,
shiny weavile,
shiny Goodra
- pink team! :)

(I really want to set this up but I can't pokéradar to save my life D: )

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I make really subtle themes in my teams, but they're still there. My X version playthrough was more for personal favorites so that didn't have a really objective theme, but my French Y version playthrough has a vague 'tank' theme going for it right now. I have Quilladin (Chesnaught looks bulky), Wartortle (the shell gives it the same bulky look as Quilladin) but I'll probably pick up the Lapras instead of Wartortle, and I'm still considering some other Pokemon to use (Aromatisse, Goodra, etc.) but this seems to be the route I'm going so far.

I plan on restarting this French Y version to play again in English, and intend on using Greninja, Talonflame, Lucario, Dragalge, etc. so for that game I'm thinking of going for some lithe-looking ninja type Pokemon.

Phangy

Master
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 10, 2014
So, i've been actually building some of these teams in game, mainly out of boredom, but good way to fill your Dex.

As of now i have:

Fire Starters: All 6 fire type starters
Team Puppy: Growlithe, Houndour, Lillipup, Furfrou, Poochyena, and Electrike
Team Kitty: Persian, Liepard, Meowstic, Delcatty, Pyroar, and Luxray
Ancient Trainer: Tyrantrum, Kabutops, Aerodactyl, Bastiodon, Tirtouga, and Armaldo
Team Freaky Ghost: Banette, Ducknoir, Sableye, Trevenant, Mismagius, and Froslass
Team Serpent: Arbok, Onix, Milotic, Dragonair, Gayados, and Serperior
Team Sky: Salamence, Drifblim, Skarmory, Togekiss, Talonflame, and Swanna
Team Eevee: Sylveon, Jolteon, Umbreon, Espeon, Vaporeon, and Flareon.

I think next up Team Super Big or maybe Team Woodland Creatures......

Last edited:

εcho.

The silver ninetales
Years
Sometime, I'd like to play through the game with a "Hoof" themed team.
Rapidash
Zebstrika
Sawsbuck
Girafarig
Stantler
Tauros

Years
My lastest project of my many themes is the disney princesses

Disney Princesses (Gym Style)
1. Cinderella: Rattata, Pachirisu, Taillow, Starly, Clefable, Gourgeist
2. Snow White: Taillow, Snubbull, Spinda, Deerling, Froslass~, Togekiss
3. Pocahontas: Zigzagoon, Sudowoodo, Zatu, Braviary, Trevenent~
4. Mulan: Kricketot, Charmeleon~, Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Gallade
5. Belle: Lotad, Lilligant, Roserade~, Ursaring, Chandelure
6. Jasmine: Aipom, Ratticate, Persian, Medicham*, Arcanine~
7. Rapunzel: Kecleon~, Furfrou, Rapidash, Pidgeot, Tangrowth
8. Aerial: Luvdisc, Finneon, Gorebyss~, Octillery, Clawitzer, Empoleon
[FONT=&quot](Champ) Aurora: Hoothoot, Breloom, Wigglytuff, Mushama~, Snorlax

I also have my witch craft team and Straw-hat pirates team.

[/FONT] WCT: Delphox, Zoroark, Alakazam*, Mismagius, Slowking, Jirachi
SHPT:
Ambipom, Bisharp, Altaria, Shiftry, Blaziken*, Sawsbuck, Tangrowth, Metagross, Dusknior

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back