• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] Mansion Extravaganza [Halloween 2K18]

Years
You're too kind to give players their starters back. If I checked it right, it will affect me, jdthebud and Radboy... Which means Radboy won't have any curse for the 1st part of the game. But I'm pretty sure Mansion will find the way to fix this.

Do you hear it? We got our starters back!

You made it sound like I waited for this to happen and then I started playing. Ouch.
I didn't know until 20 minutes ago and then I fought the first gym. I'll get to that in a minute.

Part 1: Black Cats are Unlucky
Spoiler:

The Brave Explorers
Spoiler:

Alright, let's see what Room 29 has in store.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
Coffee Jeans' Fire Red Mansion Adventure Part 1
The forest's curse forced me to pick Squirtle as my starter. I named him Kooooooopa for some reason.
My early game team options were really limited, I could only choose between Ratatta, Mankey, and Pikachu. Ratatta felt too weak and I wasn't lucky enough to find a Pikachu, so I caught a female Mankey and named it Womankey.
Brock was super easy since both my pokemon had the type advantage.
Time to advance to room 7 and get cursed again!

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Update #6 on Ruby:

• Now that I have Surf, I can do a bunch more things before my next badge.
  • But first, I had to catch a Pokemon for the "Harry, you're a wizard" curse.
  • Thankfully it overrides the Psychic type-banning curse, so I can catch Boing the Spoink on the Jagged Pass.
  • He grows fast since he knows Psybeam, so all those Tentacools I find while Surfing are great fodder.
  • I surf from Petalburg to Dewford and then to Slateport, defeating all the trainers on the way.
  • Completed the New Mauville mission for the Thunderbolt TM.
  • Catch a Linoone on Route 118 as an upgraded HM slave since no one else can learn Strength.
  • Made my way up to the Weather Institute and easily defeated Team Magma.
  • During that stretch, Boing evolved into Grumpig and Thorny evolved into Cacturne.
  • Continued on to Fortree City, beating May on the way.
  • Got the Devon Scope, then took on the Gym. Winona was pretty easy with Smoggy's Thunderbolt and Beamer's Ice Beam.
  • Since she reached L35 during the fight, Smoggy then evolved into Weezing.
Screens:
Spoiler:

The Brave Investigators:
Spr_3e_326.png

Boing the Hasty Grumpig, ♂ - L33
Ability: Thick Fat
Moves: Psybeam, Confuse Ray, Psywave, Magic Coat
Spr_3e_277.png

Brave the Adamant Swellow, ♀ - L34
Ability: Guts
Moves: Wing Attack, Endeavor, Return, Quick Attack
Spr_3e_110.png

Smoggy the Brave Weezing, ♂ - L35
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Sludge, Secret Power, Thunderbolt, Poison Gas
Spr_3e_073.png

Beamer the Hardy Tentacruel, ♀ - L33
Ability: Clear Body
Moves: Bubblebeam, Supersonic, Acid, Ice Beam
Spr_3e_332.png

Thorny the Quiet Cacturne, ♀ - L34
Ability: Sand Veil
Moves: Absorb, Growth, Faint Attack, Secret Power

HM Slaves:
Spr_3e_264.png

Linoone - Cut, Rock Smash, Strength

Since no one's explored it yet, I'll go to Room 5.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2022
Update #3.
Spoiler:

Specter lv 36
misdreavus.gif

Bruno - lv 29
growlithe.gif

Knight lv 19
eevee-3.gif

Sakura lv 19
eevee-3.gif

I await my next curse before advancing further.
I choose room 31

Last edited:

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
BlissyMKW is spooked!
It's finally time for some action! You bravely pull the lever and... nothing happens...

You try again, but nothing happens... Is the statue broken?

What now? Disappointed, you're about to leave, when the statue jumps down the pedestal, glares at you and starts chasing you. It could as well turn into clown now and you wouldn't be surprised.

It chases you for a few minutes and it feels like you've run all over the whole Mansion at least twice, but you finally get rid of it. You find yourself in the whole new room with two tables full of food. You can choose 1 out of 4 plates.

Or you can go up to the room 32 or down to the room 21

Oh and by the way, you should be grateful to us, so this curse is put on you specially by the Event Host (NOTE: The First-encounter clause doesn't apply for the Pokémon you choose for this curse - so you can catch it on any road you've already been).

So before I proceed onward, there's just one thing I want to clarify about this next curse. Audino is available right away because shaking grass, but I'd rather just wait and catch Absol later, but that's not until around Undella Town (AKA 6 badges). So am I basically forced into catching Audino and dragging that thing around or am I free to wait until Route 14 to catch an Absol?

My guess is that because it says "as soon as possible," it means "have fun using a weak Normal type that you can't take out of your party the whole run"

Years
Alright, let's see what Room 29 has in store.

Radboy is almost there!
You feel great! Just a moments ago, you couldn't find your starter, but it's back at your side again now. But another curse is on its way already. And it will be brutal!

Anyway, you made it to the room 29. There is a broken computer on the table. You also notice weird wall just behind the table. Will you investigate the wall?

Or you could run out of here to the room 21.

Time to advance to room 7 and get cursed again!

Coffe Jeans is not my lover...
Your adventure is going great so far. But new curse is placed on you!

And so you get to the new room. There is broken window that leads to the next room with destroyed wall. Is this place really newly build? There are also two teleports that you could use. You also notice the statue in the corner of the room.

Or you could just leave to the room 14.

Since no one's explored it yet, I'll go to Room 5.

jdthebud is in the dark!
It's time to move on! Next room is really small and empty, but it has it's own curse! There is literally only one teleport here. I think it's a good idea to step on it.

0Vcf9au.png

From here, you can move to the room 16 on the left or the room 26 up.

I await my next curse before advancing further. I choose room 31

Brewmaster has been cursed!
Room 31 is huge room. There is broken computer right next to the entrance. The statue is glaring at you from the other end of the room and you can see a teleport there too.

As you enter you feel pressure of the new curse. But this one is stronger that the one before. It feels like more that one curse is put on you (You can thank CodeHelmet for them).

So, what now? You can either interact with the statue or teleport or leave to the rooms 27 or 41

So before I proceed onward, there's just one thing I want to clarify about this next curse. Audino is available right away because shaking grass, but I'd rather just wait and catch Absol later, but that's not until around Undella Town (AKA 6 badges). So am I basically forced into catching Audino and dragging that thing around or am I free to wait until Route 14 to catch an Absol?

My guess is that because it says "as soon as possible," it means "have fun using a weak Normal type that you can't take out of your party the whole run"

Hey, Audino isn't weak! I'm pretty sure it will help you. And you still can use Absol with it.

Also because Spirit Shackle is busy and I'm eager to play, can anyone roll me a curse? You can either say number from 1 to 24 OR pick one curse that has already been revealed to screw me over intentionally.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2022
Also because Spirit Shackle is busy and I'm eager to play, can anyone roll me a curse? You can either say number from 1 to 24 OR pick one curse that has already been revealed to screw me over intentionally.

Yikes. I'll remember that Code when I join something you're playing in a bit.

As for your number. Google says the random number is 3

Last edited:
Years

As for your number. Google says the random number is 3

It was mostly RNG that chose you, but CodeHelmet decided that 2 more curses will be given to someone.

But thank you for the number. I shuffled the curses and then chose 3rd one - Forest's Curse. That's... half of my team gone + my starter. You chose wisely.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 18, 2019
Goatboy88 the Cofagrigus
Been very busy the past few days, but i finally found the time to take down Roxie with a combination of my Mirandove (Tranquill level 23) and silly bobo the level 19 riolu. Thankfully I don't normally use items anyway, so the embargo didn't affect me much :) Snoots evolved and is level 19 as well now. Out of the options for room 7, I'm thinking I'm gonna go with my gut and interact with the leftmost teleporter!

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Didn't have much time to play this week, but hopefully I can pick up the pace! So far, Zombie Dinner has only forced me to teach Bite to Sandy the Lillipup. Now, with the Basic Badge in hand, I'll advance to room 21 and wait patiently for my next curse.

Badge Case

45px-Basic_Badge.png

Team

oshawott.gif

Scallop ♂ Lv. 11
Bashful, likes to thrash about
Torrent
Water Gun · Tackle
Tail Whip · Water Sport
lillipup.gif

Sandy ♂ Lv. 8
Bashful, impetuous and silly
Vital Spirit
Tackle · Bite
Leer · Odor Sleuth
riolu.gif

Seth ♂ Lv. 14
Naughty, likes to fight
Inner Focus
Quick Attack · Foresight
Feint · Counter

Years
This isn't an update, but more of a hypothetical question.

When I get a new curse that forces me to use a certain Pokemon (for example, one from the Your a wizard, Harry curse it seems a lot of people somehow got), if that Pokemon faints in my playthrough, is it boxed, or can I still use it?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
Coffee Jean's Fire Red Mansion Adventure Part 2
Spr_3f_056.png

Womankey
Spr_3f_008.png

Kooooooopa
Spr_3f_074.png

Yoga Ball​
  • Squirtle and Mankey swept through the trainers on Route 3
  • I decided to catch a Geodude in Mt. Moon and named her Yoga Ball
  • Along the way Squirtle evolved into Wartortle
  • I used the move tutors to teach Yoga Ball Mega Punch and Womankey Mega Kick
  • Since my team was weak to Misty (and I was underleveled) I decided to go to Nugget Bridge
  • My rival, Shorts, put up a good fight, but was ultimately no match for the Jeans squad
  • The extra exp from the rest of the trainers on Route 24/25 was super useful since Kooooooopa learned bite
  • Misty Time
  • Ended up with really bad rng on the first fight with water pulse confusion, and lost the fight
  • The second attempt was an easy victory
  • My next move is going to be the taking top left teleporter and seeing where I end up

Last edited:
Years
ooooh, I wish I'd thought to check earlier for an event, this sounds fun.
Alright let's see which game I want to play...

What You Are Called: Inkblots
What You Look Like: Flareon
What You Are Doing: Emerald
What is the Answer to Life?: 42
Room You Wish To Start In: 4

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
This isn't an update, but more of a hypothetical question.

When I get a new curse that forces me to use a certain Pokemon (for example, one from the Your a wizard, Harry curse it seems a lot of people somehow got), if that Pokemon faints in my playthrough, is it boxed, or can I still use it?

This isn't a nuzlocke challenge. If your Pokemon faints, you can heal it and use it again. The curse that you highlighted simply states that you must catch and use a Pokemon from that list for the remainder of the challenge and it overrides other curses that would prevent its use(like Light's End Curse). Unless you get a curse that prohibits the use of Pokemon Centers(which would outright SUCK), you're free to faint Pokemon as many times as you want. That is, unless you get a Curse that forces you to box Pokemon the moment they faint.

Good luck in the challenge by the way. They can really dump some hard curses on you if you're not careful.

Eh this is a challenge after all. I had the option of putting 2 curses on a random person or not doing anything. It seems you were the unlucky soul to get picked so *shrugs* unlucky? Besides, I got majorly screwed from badge 5 onward lol. Half of my planned team was banned when they re-did my curses and then reduced my team to a maximum of three... with set mode. I was even forced to swap one of my surviving team members for a different Pokemon because I needed someone to use Strength and Surf(and I didn't need Cut anymore). Didn't allow items during battle and I couldn't teach any TM's after the final Gym(which ultimately didn't hurt but still sucked). Took me HOURS to grind new Pokemon and it was a pain in the arse to put it bluntly.

Last edited:
Years
Part 2: Radboy's first "nuzlocke"
Spoiler:

The Brave (and very alive) explorers:
Spoiler:

Doors are for the weak, I want to Investigate the weird wall.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
jdthebud is in the dark!
It's time to move on! Next room is really small and empty, but it has it's own curse! There is literally only one teleport here. I think it's a good idea to step on it.

0Vcf9au.png

From here, you can move to the room 16 on the left or the room 26 up.

Good thing I was anticipating that curse and made sure my Smoggy evolved, haha. Also, color me skeptical about that teleporter...

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Update #7 on Ruby:

• Made my way down to Lilycove City, and after a long search, caught Crusher the Pinsir.
  • Trained her up by battling the trainers I skipped between Fortree and Lilycove.
  • Defeated May for the final time in front of the Department Store.
  • Surfed down to Mt. Pyre and climbed it to confront Team Magma.
  • Recieved the Blue Orb, then followed them to Slateport, where they stole the submarine.
  • Went back to Lilycove and the Magma Hideout, where I defeated Tabitha.
  • Surfed across the sea to Mossdeep City, where I challenged the gym.
  • Thry were tougher than I expected, but I did defeat Tate and Liza on the second try.
Screens:
Spoiler:

The Brave Investigators:
Spr_3e_073.png

Beamer the Hardy Tentacruel, ♀ - L36
Ability: Clear Body
Moves: Surf, Supersonic, Acid, Ice Beam
Spr_3e_277.png

Brave the Adamant Swellow, ♀ - L36
Ability: Guts
Moves: Wing Attack, Endeavor, Return, Fly
Spr_3e_127.png