• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: You've been quoted!

Honest

Hi!
Years
Um, okay, I'm like, 99.999999% sure someone has suggested this before, cause it just seems obvious. But here I go...

What if we (or just the higher ups, I know nothing of tech. : P) develop a system where when we have been quoted in a thread, we get something similar to a notifacation (can't spell), like the old Rep system. I'm only asking because I like it when someone quotes me, but I hardly know about it happening cause, well, cause I don't know. : P

Well, that's my idea. Sorry again if this was suggested before. >_<

Happy Holidayz!~

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
Meh, it wouldn't really be useful. I'm not saying it shouldn't be here. It COULD be helpful... but the contrary tends to be possible...

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2015
It would be helpful. If you've posted in a thread and someone's quoted you to help...

Sublime

Blimey!
Years
I, for one, am against the idea.

If this does happen to be made, I'm definitely up for an option to turn it off. For frequenters of threads like the DCC, TCTI, DLTMSA, and etc, it'd be hell to log in to the amount of times you get quoted in chat threads like that.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
I would like this, but it's not important to the slightest so I don't care at all whether or not it is made.
Jesus t.A.T.u, you are entitled to your opinion; It's in the staffs best interests that they listen to what their members would like to see.

I'd like this feature as well, it would allow easier, faster and more consistent posts in reply to one another;
What I don't like about the forums at the moment is that people simply post their replies and don't visit the thread again.
They just state their opinion and don't stay to listen to what other people have to say.

This forum, to me, has become much less of a community than it has been before.
Moderators are becoming overly tight on the rules, rejecting threads with the foresight that they're not going to be a very popular ones or because your simple idea or question isn't butchered into some mandate template.

Have you seen how many pages there are that there is on that thread display?
Surely there's some room for the little quirky thread that pops up now and again, or maybe someone's little idea that others may very well be interested in, I've seen a thread where someone posted a surprisingly nice plot for a game, only to have his own ideas thrown back at him because he didn't have the details laid out in the proper format.
To me that's just bull crap.

People have become so uptight, and don't go thinking I'm having a go at the staff because it's actually other members that are main culprits;
You've all become incredibly formal, excluding a few, and have forgotten that this is a community, somewhere you can relax and just chat.

Take the tie off and realise that the majority of us are people who enjoy a kids TV series/game, not one of those patronising uptight twats.

...This tangent should probably have had it's own thread, however I suspected I'd just get the exact same, seemingly automated, response from member upon member all with an irrational fear for change or ideas.

True Reign

  
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 31, 2010
I also want a notification if a thread of mine has been closed or deleted, along with an explanation from the person who did it.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
Years
Could've sworn Rukario kinda shot the idea down at one point, eh.

Though there's this Audy quote, in another thread...

Audy said:
Unfortunately a feature like that would require a lot of backend changes. The way quoting is handled with our software is that it doesn't rely on the database at all, there's no record of user x replying to user y's post, it's all just done on the fly with the BBCode and some Javascript.

I'll look into it though to see if there'd be a non-painful way to handle it, because it'd definitely be a useful thing to have. :3
and here's an even older thread...
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=184497

Personally, I'd want it, but it would need the disabling options and a cleaner way to handle it. (*points to Audy's post*; unless he's already found such a way)

Accursed said:
I also want a notification if a thread of mine has been closed or deleted, along with an explanation from the person who did it.
Sort of off-topic, but... couldn't you afford the few clicks and look at your list of threads and see if they've been locked and simply click them to see the moderator and reason for closure? o_o; Not that much of a time consuming task, really -- finding people quoting you in various threads, however, can be. (That's just my opinion, though)

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years

If a thread is locked, 99% of the time the locking post will have an explanation in it. If the thread is deleted, there's a good chance it's infraction-worthy, and so you'd get your explanation that way.

Back