• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] SPEE - Super Pokemon Eevee Edition [Full Game]

How to do rate.

• Awesome!!!

Votes: 924 72.0%
  • Alright!

Votes: 190 14.8%
  • Average

Votes: 77 6.0%
  • Awful..

Votes: 21 1.6%
  • Abomination....

Votes: 72 5.6%

• Total voters
Years
I don't know if this has been addressed already, but on Route 11 there's a never ending script error. There is a small tile on the path, on the right, in between the ledges just before entering Portus City near the berry tree that causes the screen to shake causing the never ending dialogue: "Oh god, what now?!". After the dialogue closes, the screen begins to shake again restarting the "Oh god," dialogue. This was after obtaining Eeveeon and my first trip to Portus City.

If you go to page 16 (maybe 15) of this thread, he posted a screen shot of how to get around that

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Just remember seeing this. Then i was sure i had this item. Then I checked and I did have 3 of them.
Just noticed when viewing the bayleefs information options screen in the box upon closing said screen bayleefs image is not removed and stays there until the box is closed.

fixed (*)

Water pokemon are the best, so its ok to keep adding lol

I Like this idea alot. Would you be able to switch a single pokemon or does it have to be an entire team?

Good point. Spheal is half Ice (if i remember correctly) and I need more ice
plus the only other trio evolutions are

-Nidoqueen( which is essentially the same as nidoking.)
-Gloom (already bulbasaur and bellsprout famalies, which are also grass/poison)

-Hoppip (lol no)
-slaking (meh)
and exploud (meh)

Shedninja/Ninjask won't be used?
Best speed + almost immune to everything is pretty awesome :/

Anyway, can't wait for reserve function, sounds great!
Except the no switching in battle thing. I mean, how does that degrade the value of the Super Eevee? You can just switch all Pokemon excluding it... :(
(Btw, do the Pokemon have genders? Just a minor thing that I would like :P)

EDIT: DarkDoom3000, go update the blog! :P
Shedninja.. Ok, I have 3 spots left,
so shedninja family is in the running to take them.

No real genders, as you only catch one of each, so the gender is whatever you want it to be.

Ah! blog! thanks for reminding me, gotta update after I post this.

EDIT: I have found a couple of bugs (if you can consider them bugs, that is... as far as I know nobody has posted these yet, but... here goes...)
1. The Gym and a building in Portia city has no warp. That probably isn't a glitch, since there isn't anything programmed there. But because there is no warp, you literally stand on the door. I don't consider the lack of warps a bug, but it's weird/funny to see your character stand on a door. :D
2. Was the guy playing the Game Boy in the PokeMart supposed to move, or was he supposed to be stationary? He does move around, but he has no walk sprite. He literally floats around.
first not a glitch, but second one is. fixed (*)

Fought Necro and after I beat him, he says "Nooo!" but its the character's picture that shows up

Edit: Flashback after Necro is beaten, Randy says "I think thoes "fearies" are screwing with your head".....I think those.....

When you reach Amplus City and Oak calls you, he says "Anyway. You've reached Amplus City. Professor 's lab is there."
1. You need a comma after 'Anyway'
2. Professor Elm's name is missing

When Elm is explaining about the AI's
"XDR became the new Master AI, creating the new AI hierarchi." "hierarchy"
fixed, fixed, fixed, fixed (+4*)

otheralias said:
A smaller thing I found was a little movement permission error somewhere in Lake Imbido on the bridge with the Fishermen. Just go over that again. Typos here and there, but other than that I'm really enjoying SPEE and the direction it's going in. I really enjoy the music of Portus City as well. I hope there's more awesome music in the next beta.
Thanks, most of the music is from FF8, which is one of my favourite videogame soundtracks, it really lends well to SPEE. All the tunes are midis aswell (except the battle music, and credits music which are MP3s). In v1.0 I'll probably release an uncompressed version which has the full MP3 tunes.

I'll probably put a MP3 version of the title screen music (which is now gonna be used as the music for the AI domains) and the Boss Battle music. really awesome, blood pumping music, especially with good headphones.

--
progressupdat.png

Heres some screens to show how the pokeshifting works. Just press 9 and your pokemon team will get switched

teamswitching.png

Inbattle switching is not avaliable. You can switch when out of battle.

It works in a simple way. Just press 9, and your team members will be removed, then the B team will be added.

everything works as nromal. Initally, your B team will be empty, you must switch to B team, go to the Box and withdraw the pokemon you want.
You CAN have the same pokemon in A and B teams. The inactive team will not be getting EXP, except the bonus EXP you get after battling trainers (and there will be a lot more trainers ;) )

--
speebannerfinal.png

^cool little banner made by mew_nani

Next Feature: Trainer Rank

Last edited:
Years
More Trainers......YYYYYAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!!

Trainer Rank.... o.O .....I am intrigued by this lol

Edit: Cool Banner Mew_Nani

Also, I dont know if this is a glitch, but I have noticed that when I use an attack with one pokemon, sometimes the attack doesn't happen until I use an attack with another pokemon....like I said, not sure if it's a glitch, but I just don't remember that happening in previous versions

Last edited:

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
Years
so you swap teams that sucks in a way. it would be better if you could switch individual pokemon between teams

Rassalon

Epic One
Years
After playing NG+ for a while i noted that none of the trainers on routes and caves are reset thus making it a little bit difficult.

Years
not sure if you still want this info, but i just did a second run through of the demo and the pokemon that I have used the most are at the following levels:

Eeveeon: 33
Charmeleon: 30
Croconaw: 29
Gravelar: 30
Hauntar: 25

Total Play Time: 4 hrs 25 min

Also, I just ran into a weird glitch....it didnt happen on my first file tho. After the demo finishes and you get back to Amplus City Train Station, as soon as I got off the train, My map pops up and I cannot leave that screen, I can control the character on the map.

OtherAlias

Just another alias.
Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
I found a small little error; when my Golbat evolved into a Crobat its name remained "Golbat". I haven't used nametag or nicknamed my Zubat/Golbat either.

Years
wow cool game, but its lagging very much.
whats the reason? :)

You probably downloaded version 0.4. If I assume correctly, you went to the first page and clicked either the megaupload link or mediafire link. If you go to DarkDoom's signature and click "Version 0.5 is OUT!" that will take you to the correct link.

DarkDoom, you may want to correct that so no one else makes this mistake.

DarkDoom3000

Years
More Trainers......YYYYYAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!!

Trainer Rank.... o.O .....I am intrigued by this lol

Edit: Cool Banner Mew_Nani

Also, I dont know if this is a glitch, but I have noticed that when I use an attack with one pokemon, sometimes the attack doesn't happen until I use an attack with another pokemon....like I said, not sure if it's a glitch, but I just don't remember that happening in previous versions
That usually happens when another pokemon is attacking/about to attack when you select your attack, it delays your attack.

Looks awesome! Downloading now.
Hope ya like it :)

so you swap teams that sucks in a way. it would be better if you could switch individual pokemon between teams

Well, true. but doing that will be too much of a hassel.

After playing NG+ for a while i noted that none of the trainers on routes and caves are reset thus making it a little bit difficult.
I mentioned that a while ago when new game plus came out and then when i tried it again
Yeah, I had a short release schedule, so I didn't have time to reset trainers. They will be getting reset in v0.6's NG+

not sure if you still want this info, but i just did a second run through of the demo and the pokemon that I have used the most are at the following levels:

Eeveeon: 33
Charmeleon: 30
Croconaw: 29
Gravelar: 30
Hauntar: 25

Total Play Time: 4 hrs 25 min

Also, I just ran into a weird glitch....it didnt happen on my first file tho. After the demo finishes and you get back to Amplus City Train Station, as soon as I got off the train, My map pops up and I cannot leave that screen, I can control the character on the map.
Your levels were pretty similar to mine.

The glitch, it doesn't have anything to do with NG+ from what I can tell. but rather, pressing multiple hotkeys while an event is going on.
It's fixed now. (*)

Albo-One said:
wow cool game, but its lagging very much.
whats the reason?
Sorry about that, I hadn't updated the original post, you downloaded the laggy v0.4, The newest version v0.5 eliminates the lag.

I found a small little error; when my Golbat evolved into a Crobat its name remained "Golbat". I haven't used nametag or nicknamed my Zubat/Golbat either.
someone mentioned it before, fixed.

You probably downloaded version 0.4. If I assume correctly, you went to the first page and clicked either the megaupload link or mediafire link. If you go to DarkDoom's signature and click "Version 0.5 is OUT!" that will take you to the correct link.

DarkDoom, you may want to correct that so no one else makes this mistake.
fixed that now.

-----------
progressupdat.png

Trainer Rank

Trainer rank is your trainer level. It is directly connected to trophies.

trainerrank.png

Trophies are given for doing stuff ingame.
Catcing pokemon, getting badges, defeating AIs, doing sidequests.

Now, starting v0.6, you will obtain a trainer rank. which is determined by your trophy points[ iron trophies give 1 point,
while gold gives 81 ](there will only be 3-4 gold trophies. 1 for catching all 201 Pokémon. Another for finishing the game etc.)

in v0.5, after beating enemy trainers, you get bonus EXP and money. It's normally 500exp and 50$. Now it will be a fluculating rate. all determined by your Trainer rank. So someone who does lots of sidequests, and catches pokemon, will have a big trainer rank, thus banking lots of bonus EXP and $ after defeating trainers.
(bonus EXP = points * 50 and bonus$ = points * 2

Your rank is level based, meaning it will be easy to gain ranks at first, but will require more and more points as you get higher ranks.

Bonus EXP is also given to any pokemon in the reserve team. And trainer rank transfers across NG+ allowing easier leveling up.
Rare candies will also be effected by trainer ranks, you don't get given levels, rather EXP. Rare Candy EXP = points * 50 (but rare candies will be more common than the games)

Last edited:

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
Years
nice, so the more things i do the more exp lucky i run around doing pointless things. oh and will trophies carry over to ng+ cause that might cause problems. because you could get way to much exp at the start of the game and level way to easy

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
Years
Woo-hoo, progress update!
So that's how Trainer Rank is implemented...
Wow, you actually made it useful! (I think a similar system is implemented in normal Pokemon Games utilizing the trainer card (the card changes color depending on how many accomplishments you've made) but that was just for show. Now it actually has a purpose. Yay!)
I think it's a great idea. And the addition of more Rare Candies... that's useful too. You could catch more corrupted Pokemon that way.

I still have a question, though, conscerning the reserve team mechanic.
How would that work if one of your Pokemon fainted in battle? Would you get the option to switch one reserve Pokemon in to replace it, or would that option be inaccesible? And... what would happen if all of your Pokemon were defeated? Would you still lose, or would your reserve team be called in? (I like the idea of a reserve team, but the inability to switch Pokemon individually instead of switching the whole group is a bit of a dissappointment, since in all official games you had the ability to switch individuals out. It adds a new element of strategy, but... I guess the ability to switch individual Pokemon in other games has spoiled me. :D)

On a different note... Thanks for the comment DForte. It's not the best banner ever made, but... I tried. Thanks!

BCKC

A nobody, just like you.
Years
Just wondering, why the specific symbols for the ranks?

Anyway, I can't play for awhile :(
(But, if you look over the guy who gives you the ManMan's text, I bet you can find at least 3-4 mistakes...)

@Mew_Nani:
Whoa, you just inspired me to make a banner ;)

EDIT: Ok, I lied. But I DID make it into the dimensions of the titlescreen. And halfway through, I realized that it can only have 8 colors. Oh well, too late. I finished it, though. (Attached.)

Attachments

• Title.PNG
    Title.PNG
    42.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

zealot

The King of Fail
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 1, 2024
I've only been playing this for a short while, but man is this fantastic! One small thing though: is it possible to change the names of the items, like from Phoenix Down to Revive? It gets me confused between pokemon and final fantasy.

DarkDoom3000

Years
Replies

Spoiler:

I've contunued rebuilding the rainbow tower, it's now only 1 minigame short of being at the previous state (whack a mole).

---
Quiz Zone
I'm gonna be starting development on it soon, and I'll be needing to make a lot of quizes...
So It's your guys time to contribute. (well, more contributing for some of you)

Submit your own quizzes.
It can be about ANYTHING. Pokemon, Digimon, Quantium Mechanics, The economy. Anything.

I need 10 Questions,
Each round must fit a textbox, Theres 4 lines, each line being 50 characters long.

So theres 2 options.
1 line of question, 3 choices
Question: BLAH (try keeping it 50 characters long
-Answer, Choice, Choice

or

2 lines of the question, 2 choices
Question BLAH (2 lines, 100 characters)
-Answer, Choice (can be done yes/no)
---

Your name will be credited when choosing the quiz, and in the endgame credits.

Last edited:

zealot

The King of Fail
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 1, 2024
Alright lol. Still though, this game is quite amazing.

Years
Ill be working on some questions over the next couple of days and Ill pm them to you. As a heads up, I will try to stick to Digimon, DBZ (DB & GT as well), and Pokemon. Just the shows, none of the games. As for Digimon I will be sticking with the first 2 seasons and Pokemon I will try to stick to Kanto, Orange Islands and Johto.

Edit: For the characters, do you want 50 characters or less, or about 50 characters?

Back