• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Coolest Pokémon in Unova

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
I watched some Pokémon anime this morning and I saw Sawk in vocal and motion action. I liked his character, the way he acted. It made me think he was cool. So, much like this thread. What 5th Generation Pokémon in Unova did you find the coolest?

WolfMirage

"Last Raven"
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 23, 2016
durant i thought looked the coolest out of the 5 gen

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
I have three that I can't choose between. Zebstrika, Carracosta, and Volcarona have the coolest designs of Gen V, to me. I formed a personal connection to them as well, because they were regulars on my team. An Electric Zebra, an Armored Sea Turtle, and a Flame-imbued Moth? Heck yeah.

I really like Volcarona's Japanese name, Ulgamoth, a lot more, too. The same with Abagoura, or Carracosta.

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

Jellicent ofc! Hands down the coolest Unova Pokemon. Immune to water attacks which are super common :3

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
I'm surprised that nobody mentioned Bisharp. Great typing, great moves, but most importantly, he reminds me of Power Rangers, one of my favorite TV programs. He certainly looks like one too!

Nakala Pri

I loved Oshawott, Archeops, Zorua, Zoroark and... Reshiram. Hydregion is cool and all, buy it didn't cut the list. :c

I love the above Pokemon! <3

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
All other considerations aside, I'd say that with all that attitude (not to mention the shades), the coolest pokemon in Unova has to be Krookodile.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
To me there are 3 Pokemon that are equally #1 coolest. I can't put one higher or lower than the other two.... and they are Dewott, Mienfoo, and Watchog.

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
Years
Well considering I'm a Dark type Trainer, I absolutley love Hydreigon, and its pre-evolutions are adorable. Zorua is cute too and Zoroark is amazing and if you train it right it can be a great team member and a power house.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
I like the final form of the starters characteristics like serperior's speed, emboar's strength and fighting appearance and samurott's samurai style.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Vanillite. Geddit? Ice cream? Cool? Ahahahahahahahah. I should have my own show srs.

I like Krookodile! He has just the right level of badassness to classify as cool, alongside a brutish yet interesting type and a heck of a lot of powerful moves to back it up. He's the Absol of Gen V - he may not be as sleek or as stylish, but what he lacks in design he more than makes up for in personality. Plus the glasses in the anime convinced me.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Well considering I'm a Dark type Trainer, I absolutley love Hydreigon, and its pre-evolutions are adorable. Zorua is cute too and Zoroark is amazing and if you train it right it can be a great team member and a power house.

I agree with you there, Hydreigon is pretty damn awesome! And Deino is so cute! <3 I'm surprised no one has mentioned the bad-ass Excadrill yet, though. He's totally awesome imo!

PokeChris123

Pokémon Trainer
Years
I think Lilligant, Darmanitan, Chandelure, Braviary and pretty much all of the legendaries are the coolest for me. I'm porbably forgetting some but these are enough. If I had to choose one, it had to be between the first three I mentioned, not sure which one to choose though.

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
I'd probably have to say Zoroark, just because it's such a mystical Pokemon. It comes off as cool to me. I'd also have to say Genesect has to come in a close second. A lot of people don't like this Pokemon, but it intrigues me. I wish that it would have been a morep revalent Pokemon in the game and anime. And thirdly, I'd say Volcarona just because. A fire butterfly is just cool.

Back