• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PC Fitness Club

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Still you shouldnt neglect your legs :P

Oh I see I see! That's interesting then I had a general idea of it but I hadnt really incorporated it before because changing weights is such a pain. /lazy Im sure heaps of people would find that interesting, also I hope you dont mind if I put your workout up as the new gym program, crediting you of course.

Heres my next workout for you all, it's my personal adaption of a fight club workout used (apparently) by Brad Pitt for his role as Tyler Durden. It's muscle group targeted and incorporates legs instead of only focusing on upper body. Use a weight that allows you to do the set number of reps without failure but any more puts you over this limit.

3 Sets of each exercise with either 60 seconds rest after each exercise or 90 seconds after every two exercises.

Monday
25 Push Ups
15 Chest Press
15 Incline Press
15 Chest Fly
15 Hip Bridge
15 Calf Raise
15 Squat Raise
15 Reverse Calf Raise

Tuesday
15 Pull Ups
15 Seated Row
15 Lat Pull down
15 Barbell Row
15 Barbell Squat - 120 second rest after this
15 Front Squat - 120 second rest after this
15 Hack Squat
12 Each Side Dumbbell Lunge

Wednesday
15 Arnold Dumbbell Press
15 Lat Raise
15 Front Raise
8 Dead Lift - 120 Rest after this
8 Romanian Dead Lift - 120 second rest after this
15 Pull through

Thursday
15 Bicep Curl
15 Cable Bicep Curl
15 Hammer Curl
15 Tricep Pushdown
45 Second Plank Hold
45 Wall Squat hold
15 each side foot to food crunch

Friday
At least 30 minutes cardio. (I recommend 45+ minutes)
For my Cardio I did 5 Minutes skipping 15 Minutes Boxing 5 Minutes skipping 15 minutes boxing 5 minute skipping

Saturday
Rest

Sunday
Rest

It's a fairly intense regiment to follow but it should get you fairly ripped in about 8 - 10 weeks. Also feel free to drop the leg workouts or not do all of them if you don't feel the need to, I just have skinny legs so gotta hit them as well as my upper half so I dont look stupid.

Feel free to tell me what you think of this workout.

Also if anyone is curious about my current routine feel free to ask and Ill share it with you :)

Is it bad I don't know what most those are? I've been trying to do some workouts at home but I get stumped to what to do after lunges, squats, pushups, leg-crunch thingies, tricep pull one behind the head, and superman :c

Know any good videos I can learn any of these other ones from?

You can tell I am n00b by not knowing the actual name..

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Haha dont even worry about it! A lot of those are gym based moves and I would be pretty surprised if you did know them.

In all honesty you really dont need to do more then you are already doing, that should be fine enough for you.

The best place is to just youtube the exercise and youll definitely find a good video demonstration of the movements, if you really want Ill find them myself for you and post/vm them to you.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Haha dont even worry about it! A lot of those are gym based moves and I would be pretty surprised if you did know them.

In all honesty you really dont need to do more then you are already doing, that should be fine enough for you.

The best place is to just youtube the exercise and youll definitely find a good video demonstration of the movements, if you really want Ill find them myself for you and post/vm them to you.

Sure that'd be cool! I grabbed a bunch that I've been doing cause I am afraid of working my abs or something too much and forgetting my back.

Haha my thighs and butt still hurt from two days ago when I did squats until I literally couldn't anymore haha~

93Aiwass

Getting Back into Pokemon
Years
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

I'm a runner and yogi, can I join?

Love is the Law, Love under Will.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Okay Kura, I'll find some over the weekend and PM them to you :)

93 welcome to the club! What kind of running do you do? Long distance or short distance? And does yogi mean Yoga? How often do you run and do yoga? Is that the only kind of exercise you do?

Hows everyone's work outs going? Anyone on an interesting routine at the moment?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Figured id post here as i have a bit of spare time finally.

My old laptop broke and i cant get the built in cam to work on this new laptop at all, but ill post progress pics when i get an actual webcam for updates.

Basically i have a lot more definition/am more cut that a few months ago since i posted here last, more vascular in appearance in chest etc. About ~147 lbs and i think 11% body fat atm (yeah i lost fat AND gained muscle at the same time whilst i was on a cut which was unexpected especially on a ketosis diet lol), ive also cycled off of creatine for the time being to give my liver a rest lol, which also bloats you up.

Im still eating at a calorie deficit (1700 per day and like 2200 ish on workout days) but ive reintroduced carbs again, ~70-100 grams per day and a little more on workout days and lowered my fat intake from being extremely high when i was in ketosis to sort of like 50-70 grams a day. Im going to bulk up again starting November/December time.

Still doing a 3 day split in my lifting routine but changed my cardio from interval to more longer continuous moderate paced. I think ill stick to that also, i prefer it alot more truth be told.

Anywho, my personal trainer course is going well, intense but fun and im learning a heck of alot, especially about nutrition, injuries, abnormalities and sports specific training etc.

Last but not least i have a duathlon which consists of a 3 kilometer run, 16 kilometer bike ride and then a 5 k run coming up, not looking forward to this. 1. Because i suck at endurance and 2. I actually hate anything longer than 20/25 mins running with an unbridled passion. -_- I may also be entering a deadlift competition since for my weight category i can lift a ridiculous amount on all major lifts lol. So yeah fun busy times. :)

Now im going to go into hibernation for like 46 years. :knockedou

Last edited:

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
guess who's ran 100km this month!

also I've got these new sensor shoes that give me workouts to do and programs to follow so yay for fitness!

Juicy

Bone to be wild!
Years
Been a while since I posted here (I don't post much in general) but I recently bought myself a set of gymnastic rings. I'm still waiting on them to come but I've used my friends a bit.

Personally, I really recommend them. I find them a lot of fun but they also build your stabilizing muscles and are really good for genuine strength. Does anyone else here use them? Or plan to?

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2012
Username: Destructor
Why you're joining: I've been working out since I was 13 (8 years) and always been a fan of health and fitness, joining in self defense classes, playing hockey, baseball, and rugby as well as regularly going to the gym. I treasure health and find this club to be perfect for me.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Well, I aim for look, which isn't strength nor size. Well maybe it is size I dunno-

A big part of my motivation is aesthetic, as negative as that is, so most of my goals are centered around that

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Personally Im a fan of strength over size (It has nothing to do with me not being huge and only being skinny >.>) I am fairly strong though! Yay for that! Ill insert a new picture sooner or later.

Dark Azelf Ill get to you first to some extent. You must be looking pretty good these days if you slimmed down and got cut. Your diet seems too complicated for me. How did the Duathlon go?

Congratulations on 100kms in a month Impo! Thats absolutely killing it! Also there's nothing wrong with aesthetics but still having strength to back it up is good anyway!

Oh Gymnastic rings are good fun! They are fairly expensive though, my god! Its painful on the wallet. They do build some good muscles though, very nice purchase Juicy, got any routines for them?

Destructor, I've read and heard that you shouldn't really start hitting the weights until youre like 15 or 16 but I guess if you're okay everything is fine. Do you have any workout routines or anything like that youre willing to share?

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2012
Well, first off, in regards to your question of strength or size, I definately go for strength. I love to build muscle, but I'm certainly not trying to go all Arnold.

As for routines, I was hoping I wouldn't be asked that. I actually don't have a fixed routine. What muscle groups on which days are fixed, but I try to do completely new exercises for a different number of sets and reps each week. I hate doing the same things over and over in a constant, never-ending cycle; my diet isn't anything special either. I just stay away from junk food for the most part, and aside that, I eat mostly fruits and vegis. It's nothing I could form a chart or schedule from, as I can assure you I'm the most boring person when it comes to stuff like this. I'm sorry if you take offense to that and wish for me to leave the club.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Figured I should post here now that I joined a boxing club.

Right now? No real training outside the boxing club. However, I am on a diet to gain more weight, so I can have more punching power. I'll probably do weight lifting soon though. After I'm done with that I'm gonna train my shoulders because my punches are actually a bit too strong for my small shoulders. I'm training my legs afterward so I can be accustomed to footwork, shifting weights and balance.

In the boxing club this is what I [we, actually] do: 5 skipping sessions, two push ups/squats/sit up session, a stretching session, and other exercises. After that it's 5 minutes of mitt training and then shadow boxing and hitting the sandbag for the rest. (Still new to spar.)

What do you prefer and aim for? Strength or size?
While both are important in boxing, I'm definitely going for strength. I'm aiming to be an in-fighter, so I need all the strength and muscle-power I can get. I'm OK with my current size anyway.
There's really no other reason why I exercise actually. Being healthy is nice and all, and I don't care about looks, but it's all about being strong for me to enjoy my favorite sport.

Juicy

Bone to be wild!
Years
Oh Gymnastic rings are good fun! They are fairly expensive though, my god! Its painful on the wallet. They do build some good muscles though, very nice purchase Juicy, got any routines for them?

They're not as expensive as other things like boxing bags, bench presses, etc. and they leave you with a buttload of upperbody and core exercises. But yeah, they're still not exactly cheap.

I'm pretty bad at sticking to routines, I'm lazy and horribly uncommitted. I do have a few exercises that I tend to focus on whenever I choose to play on the rings. Yeah, play, not workout. Playing is fun and I have fun. I tend to do dips, L-sits, tucked front levers, ring swings (holding myself up, with my palms facing forward and swing), just holding myself up is hard enough as well and the odd set of pullups. I really need to do more pullups.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
the trainer at the gym says I need to eat more but I don't know what to eat I know he said carbs and protein so like chicken rice idk here's hoping

Mononoke Hime

viva emptiness
Years
Username: Mononoke Hime
Why you're joining: Because I'm an athlete/dancer and I need to improve strenght.
Oh, and I think is a good idea to talk more about stretches here. People need to be strong AND flex! I think I can help. :)

Main Discussion Points:

Q: Do you have a nutrition plan or diet that you follow? If so what is it? Would you like to see more dietary talk in the club?
A: Yes, I'm vegan. I really think nutrition is very important because that's what determines how will be our body response to any exercite.

Q: How do you feel about working out/exercising with other people? Do you prefer doing it alone where no one can see you or do you prefer having other people with you? Why is this?
A: I really enjoy working out with a friend or in group, I feel more motivated than when I'm doing it alone.

Secondary Discussion Points:
Q: What is your fitness goal?
A: To be as strong and flexible as I can, exploring the limits of my body.

Q: What is your motivation to work out?
A: To be a fluid dancer, and to be free to express myself. When someone is very strong and very flexible, he/she has a lot more freedom of movement.

Current Topic:
Q: What do you prefer and aim for? Strength or size?
Strength, as I've said above.

Last edited:
Back