• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In this game of life we are but players

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
If a director wished to make a film about you, what would you want them to include?

Would you want someone else to play you, the main character?

If you could choose a current actor/actress to play you, who would it be?

What genre would the film be? (Action, drama, comedy etc.)

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
Interesting poll topic.

>If a director wished to make a film about you,
what would you want them to include?
If we're not talking about a film bio, then I would leave that entirely to the director and not bother. Again, if we are, then I suppose I'd have no problem having anything the director requests to be included.

>Would you want someone else to play you, the main character?
Of course. I'm no actor, and it's not like I believe that 'I can play myself better than anyone because I KNOW myself better than anyone'. Besides, the film's purpose wouldn't be letting people know about me, but rather the same purpose all films share...

>If you could choose a current actor/actress to play you, who would it be?
Let's see.. Judging from my age, looks and film genre preference I would say Emile Hirsch. I can't really say why, I just feel he's the most fitting.

>What genre would the film be? (Action, drama, comedy etc.)
Comedy. That's also what I considered my life to be up to a certain point. I've had so many lively and humorous moments that I couldn't believe any other film genre would describe me better.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
What would you want them to include?
In particular, I want the movie to focus on my love for Pokemon, as well as the very important parts of my life, like living in the US with my relatives.

>Would you want someone else to play you, the main character?
I think I'd want to play my present-day self, while other people can play my past parts.

>If you could choose a current actor/actress to play you, who would it be?
Not sure, because I don't know any famous actors who look like me.

>What genre would the film be? (Action, drama, comedy etc.)
Comedy. I don't want my movie to be too serious.

Years
I would first prefer the movie to be animated, preferably 2D cell animation or if that's not possible then computer 2D. Claymation would be amazing, but I recognize that it's not really viable. This is because first of all I love animation, and second because I want the movie to include lots of my own inner thoughts and imaginings and daydreams and so on. Like, I'd want the movie to show, visually, how I could look at something and be horrified by exaggerating whatever it is into something grotesque and animation doesn't have any limitations on what it can show.

I'd like the movie to cover, at least anecdotally, most of my life (with flashbacks or a non-linear narrative or whatever the director liked), but mostly just the last 5 or 6 years when most of the important things have happened to me.

Someone who's trained should play me as I'm not skilled in acting of any kind, but then again I wouldn't mind for this to be a film without any dialogue, though that would be pushing it even further into weirdness territory.

I guess by default the genre would be a drama. I would just like to keep it from being a comedy or too dark.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Generally, I'd like my film to go through the past four or five years of my life, but it would take place during my senior year in high school. Therefore, I'd prefer if it were to include flashbacks (because they're cool), that would give the audience visual explanations of how I got to be the person I am now, what led me to my ambitions and future plans, as well as how my own internal and external problems came to be. It would be life through how I see it and would be influenced by my own thoughts and actions.

Next to that, however, I'll have an alter ego of myself. Someone who basically guides me through my own life, but that person is just another side of me that I don't typically show to people outside of my head. This alter ego of myself however will be more of a heroic figure compared to my actual self. He'll be the side of me that pushes me to do things that my other half would normally try to avoid or shy away from. It'd be the half that's more daring, courageous, the one who's more prone to getting involved and causing trouble, while doing it in a smart way. Eventually as my life story goes along, that alter ego becomes me at the end.

It'll be a story about getting through life, but not being able to get to where you want to be because of all these life issues you have to deal with that's holding you back, because you can't avoid it. It'll be a story about internal conflict where the character (me) has to be fighting myself between decisions and choosing to do something either because it's the right thing to do, or because I want answers and ways to reach to where I want to be. It'll be a story about this kid who's got big plans ahead of him, a dream, and he's not sure if he'll ever get there regardless of his strong character of positivity and optimism. Remember, he's on his last year of high school. He'll have to figure out who he is, and if he's ever going to express this person to the world or keep it as his inside guide like he's been keeping it for more than half of his life. On top of that, he's trying to decipher what his true purpose is in life while dealing with the same every day issues teenagers in high school face at home or socially between family, friends, school, and obviously the coming future.

Based on that, you could probably classify this film as a Drama. However, if I were to ─ and I would ─ intertwine my own exotic thoughts about the supernatural into this, and the thoughts I had, and still have as I grew up, then you can definitely put Action and Fantasy into this life story. That said, you can expect magic to be infiltrated into myself, or my character. As I said, this will be my life story as how I saw it, but the thoughts would be more present in the telling.

As for who would play me as a character in the movie, I'd probably choose myself. Not going to lie, but no one can do a Shivi, better than Shivi himself. Plus, as a person who has a lot of interest in the entertainment industry and acting, it'd be an amazing experience to relive my life, tell it to an audience, and recount those memories as I do it.

Wow, I did not mean for this to be as long as it is, but I wanted to make sure I got my thoughts out correctly. It's not easy explaining how you'd want your life story to be in a movie; you know? Although, I guess you could say I did get a little carried away with the questions. Haha

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
lol I'm too boring for a film

Just the main points of my life, I'd like my childhood to be involved then there's huge a gap when I'm like 8-15 where I literally don't really do anything then it can pick up again!

Yeahh, I can't think of anyone specific, it would have to be someone young obvs. I'd personally prefer an audition of people who haven't been in films before, and then pick out who I like the most. It would be awesome to let a budding young actor get their first film.

well I often say the actors/characters that are most like me and Richard E. Grant in Withnail and I, Sharlto Copley in District 9 and I'm sure there was another one but I can't remember get back to me
Basically someone that's ridiculous

Dark Comedy, has to be. of course everything that happened in my life to be exaggerated

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
Action/Drama, I wouldn't mind Dong Youngbae acting in my part, and as for what it's about, my childhood mainly and then part of my high school career, seeing as I'm still in high school myself. Highlight all the points where I think is necessary to let people see, so they can grasp a better perspective on how hard it is for a kid who was born to immigrant parents in a place where s/he didn't fit in.

Years
This thread is Poll of the Week a day late because my Internet is being a pain. Congrats!

*stickies*

(I need to post in this another day, I really like this thread. :p)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
This thread is Poll of the Week a day late because my Internet is being a pain. Congrats!

*stickies*

(I need to post in this another day, I really like this thread. :p)
Awesome. Thanks Sammi.

I should reply to my own thread now.

If a director wished to make a film about you, what would you want them to include?

I would like if I were to be put in an honest light. I don't think I'd like if the film was primarily about the demise in my life or the things I've achieved. I'd rather the film included quite a bit of my childhood, and the lack of it. I think the fact that I lived an interesting one (in a sort of negative sense), it would make for a good movie. Not living a typical one, and having moved house nearly 20 times before the age of fifteen, it would have a lot of variety. Mostly negative as I say, but I think it would make a sharp contrast for the later years I've lived. Not to say I'm too old, but I'd like to see the way I turned my life around be included. I could give my life story, but that would be a waste of time.

I'd rather see someone else play me, I wouldn't want to relive my own life, I think I'd wish I could change too much.

I'd have to find someone who looks quite like me, and I don't know many actors that do. Chad Micheal Murry perhaps, we're a little a like apparently. So I'm going by the words of another on that one.

Indie most likely, and not because I'm a hipster or anything, but because I would like it to be shot like a film called Submarine.

I'm pretty young so I don't particularly have too much to base it on. But I would want it to be pretty honest, since I'm pretty happy with what I've come from, to who I've become.

Years

It should focus on my desire for ultimate power and my grand ambition to conquer the universe.

Pfffft. There is no one who can play the Overlord better than himself.

Refer to the previous comment.

Probably a mixed bag of genres to be honest. Action and Comedy for the most part though I think. [/QUOTE]

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2012
A film about my life? Doesn't sound very exciting. If it was some sort of biography, then I'd just want it to catalog more of... my inner thoughts, my being, not what actually happens. But, something like that would be pretty intense. It would be an Indie film, yeah.

Back