• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Yancy/Curtis event

Years
Did anyone else find this part of the game annoying? I hated how you had to go to each exact square like twice.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Twice?

You had to visit ten out of fifteen squares once each, then you got to return the device. The thing that's annoying is that it's then only active in any one area at a time (when you can call your - ahem - lover), forcing you to run all over the map over and over (and, occasionally, swearing at a breeder).

Cyclone

Years
The event did get a bit annoying given you had to call them 50 times to access the trades but if you're patient and remember the locations it's well worth it.

Not to mention all of the good Pokemon you can get out of the trades have their Hidden Abilities and some are even exclusive to players of a certain gender.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I want to marry Curtis. ;n;
He's so cute and silly and he likes to fish which makes me think of home (Louisiana) and he has green ish hair and he's cute and stuff and rich and can buy me nice things. <3

But I find it fun, actually! It's like a little mini adventure to find and meet a friend you made by accident, who happens to be a big Unova celebrity! Plus the Pokemon are all cute that you get from them. <3

Years
Sure, I found it to be a bit of a tedious task as well, but some of the Pokemon that you can get through trading with Yancy/Curtis is well worth it (and each of the Pokemon are holding a food item from another region that can be sold for a couple thousands dollars to the lady just outside of Nimbasa).

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I found it annoying and very Repetive to open up the Yancy/Curtis Trades but actually wroth the process because the pokemon you can get from them are awesome.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
As a matter of fact, it's one of my favorite features, and even though I never shipped anyone ever in Pokemon, I really, really like the romance bit. I mean, he even starts blushing at some point, how cute is that? For the first ten calls before you return his phone, I googled the exact spots, and then I just went all over Unova just to be able to call him. I don't know, it was more fun than grinding if you ask me.

Years
I guess it is something that is worth wasting time on in the after game. And I do agree that you can get some pretty good mons from them.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I found it annoying since I still haven't met him! But when he does call it's like "daym what's happening-oh!" I hope I will find him one day on my journey~~

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I found it annoying since I still haven't met him! But when he does call it's like "daym what's happening-oh!" I hope I will find him one day on my journey~~
Seriously? There are guides as to the spots you can go to, all 15 shown in pictures in some of them.

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I thought it was a horribly designed sidequest which had no challenge to it whatsoever and just made you walk around to random places with no variety.

Back