• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon: Thanatos Version

Ęℓαчиıı

Blizzagon used Arctic Claw!
Years
They seems like very fluid O: !

Thanks! ^^

Awesome new fakemon! Glad to see it's back! Keep it up!

Thanks a lot!
I appreciate the kind words. <3

UPDATE
February 22, 2014

Today, I bring you all character updates of Anabelle and Kevin!

I'll be posting both the Professor and the Assistant Professor soon. I know progress on this game is slow, but I'm slowly getting the sprites done for the demo. I HOPE to get an early demo out by the end of May. Regardless, here are the small updates on the characters.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Do you need an overworld spriter for them?

I'm quite good, if I do say so myself, and have a bit of free time, if you need it?
Just PM me when ya do.

Ęℓαчиıı

Years
Do you need an overworld spriter for them?

I'm quite good, if I do say so myself, and have a bit of free time, if you need it?
Just PM me when ya do.

I most certainly do!

I've tried to do Anabelle's myself and they... well, they're garbage. :K If you'd be up for it, I would immensely appreciate it!

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Don't revive dead threads. Don't ask for release dates. Do read the rules.

Last edited:

Ęℓαчиıı

Years
UPDATE
December 31st, 2014

FPT_1.png

Surprise!
This game isn't dead!

I guess that is a good way to end the year, eh? I've put a lot of thought in what I've been doing the past few years and I decided that I would start the 2015 fresh.

So, in short, Azelon is getting scrapped and built up from the bottom! I know some people aren't keen on the tiles I've switched to, but I think they mesh nicely with the overworlds. I'm going to be completely revamping all of the maps in this style and changing them to my liking, though my composer is on break right now so I'm going to be working with him until the very last second! Anyways, aside from the Grotto where you recieve your starter, Frostpeak Town is entirely completed. Here are a few screenshots for you all to enjoy~

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2022
Looks awesome! Scrolling up and looking at some of your character art, it looks like you've got the potential and capacity to produce a high quality game. I couldn't see what your previous maps/tiles looked like, but I do think its a good move to do a revamp if it elevates the rest of your work to the quality of what I've seen above.

The fakemon also don't look crap, so congrats there : )

edit: I would like to see some screenshots taken outside of the first town, however. A variation in routes/towns/cities/caves/forests gives you the chance to show off how good you are and gives us more to be excited about.

Ęℓαчиıı

Years
Looks awesome! Scrolling up and looking at some of your character art, it looks like you've got the potential and capacity to produce a high quality game. I couldn't see what your previous maps/tiles looked like, but I do think its a good move to do a revamp if it elevates the rest of your work to the quality of what I've seen above.

The fakemon also don't look crap, so congrats there : )

edit: I would like to see some screenshots taken outside of the first town, however. A variation in routes/towns/cities/caves/forests gives you the chance to show off how good you are and gives us more to be excited about.

Thank you!

The character art was done by a good friend of mine and a very excellent artist known as zerudez. Your words do mean a lot to me! I do hope that I will be able to create a game in which people would actually enjoy. A few spoilers up on this page have some maps using the old tiles; they're pretty much fourth generation tiles ripped from HeartGold and SoulSilver, though I made a few palette changes.

In regards to your edit, I actually haven't gotten that far in mapping with the new tiles! I'm mapping out what I can of the first town including the grotto that I haven't showcased entirely yet. Once that is done, I'll be branching out and working on the follow route, town, and forest. Once again, thank you! I do appreciate your words~

Years
  • Age 26
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Hmm, I like the look of the game. Your spriting is very good.
And you're right, the tiles do mesh well with the overworlds.

My only complaint is about the screen with the sign that says "Welcome to Frostpeak Town."
I might just be picky, but the fact that the "c" is larger than the other lowercase letters makes me cringe a little.

Ęℓαчиıı

Years
Hmm, I like the look of the game. Your spriting is very good.
And you're right, the tiles do mesh well with the overworlds.

My only complaint is about the screen with the sign that says "Welcome to Frostpeak Town."
I might just be picky, but the fact that the "c" is larger than the other lowercase letters makes me cringe a little.

Thank you!

However, I don't do the pixel work; they are the contributions of my wonderful friends. As for your complaint, I think it might be because it is bold. It sort of bothers me too, but I think it looks nice and some others do as well. I'm replaying SoulSilver and looking at their signs to see which is better. If the unbold text looks better, I will change it. Thanks again for your comment!

Ęℓαчиıı

Years
Just what the doctor prescribed a fakemon hack and one that shows potential at that. :pink_love:

D'aww, thank you~!
However, this isn't a hack! It is a fangame, but I am glad that you think it shows potential! :)

Update
January 4, 2015​

I am currently updating the first post! Not only that, I have updated the logo to match the new name and theme of the game. In terms of the story, I have mostly fleshed out the main 'legend' behind the Azelon region and worked on the basic synopsis of the plot. I have also updated the three supporter userbars for the game! If you look close enough, you just might be bale to see their evolutions. ;P Check the first post to get the code, if you'd like to show your support.

Purleaf_SuppotrUB.gif

Lavapho_SuppotrUB.gif

Hydrake_SuppotrUB.gif

I am also working on a wikia for this game, which will feature all of its the Pokémon featured in the game. However, the progress is extremely slow and it will not be done for quite some time. Anyways, be on the look out for further updates!

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
It's great to see this game back up. It has always had the potential to be a brilliant game and I look forward to seeing more.

Ęℓαчиıı

Years
It's great to see this game back up. It has always had the potential to be a brilliant game and I look forward to seeing more.

Thank you!
I'm very glad to be working on it and this time, I'm not going to burn myself by binge mapping.

As a side note, I will be revealing the starter lines tomorrow! If you're opposed to this, please let me know before I spoil for you! Otherwise, they will be posted once I get the template done.

Ęℓαчиıı

Years
Okay, time to show off the starters and their evolutions as promised! I've put them in a spoiler in case anyone doesn't wish to see them. Otherwise, I hope these may influence your final decision when the time comes!~ Also, I've been branching out and doing some extra mapping that I'll be posting below. If you see any errors, let me know! I'm still not used to mapping with these tiles. ^^;

Spoiler:

Here are a few screenshots that may or may not be the final product! Also, I know that... the backsprite is out of date. x.x' Hence why I haven't shown any battle screenies yet. Next batch should be updated at least a little. Anyways, here you go!

Spoiler:

MasterBallz

MasterBall Abuser
Years
WOW those starter evolution lines blew my mind looks like im going to have to start several new games when the games released unless the starters are obtainable out in the wild or gifts they are just that amazing.

Ęℓαчиıı

Years
WOW those starter evolution lines blew my mind looks like im going to have to start several new games when the games released unless the starters are obtainable out in the wild or gifts they are just that amazing.

Thank you!~

I'm very glad you like then. n_n There is a way to get the other starters in the game, but it is rather late and close to the post-game. I'm thinking of making it where you can have multiple save files, for that very reason!

Back