• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Shadow Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

shuppet_is_dumb

Im just joking in my username
Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2009
Pokemon: Shadow Version (UPTADED: 1/6/08)

Pokemon Shadow Version

Made With: RMXP, using Poccil's Starter Kit

Intro
Meet all 493 pokemon, battle in the gyms and in the Battle Tower, defeat Team Black and meet old friends. In Pokemon Shadow, you explore a world full of possibilities, the Shandon region.​

Story
In the time of creation, the world was a confuse mass. Arceus, the Light Pokemon was creating the world to be a peacefull place, but Darkrai, the Darkness Pokemon, didn't like that. He attacked Arceus, and they began a fight that took 3 long years. Yet Arceus gained the upper hand, and was ready to Judge Darkrai. But Darkrai didn't wan't to lose, he would sacrifice anything, including his life, to destroy Arceus. So he unsleashed the forbidden magic, and sealed Arceus inside a cave. But the forbidden magic caused consequences on someone who uses it, and Darkrai's power was sealed in a Gem. That Gem was thrown in the sea, never to be found again. 20 years ago, a Sailor named Broli was sailing and found the moon gem. Now, both Team Black and team Rocket want the gem.​

You are the son/daughter of Tower Tycoon Elena. (The Boss of the Battle Tower) It's an ordinary day, and your mother decides it's time to give you a pokemon. After all, one day YOU will be in charge of the Battle Tower. But, in order to obtain your first pokemon, you will have to beat her (She will be using a weak team). Once you defeat her, she will give you your first pokemon and passage to the Shandon Region in S.S. Shandon, a luxury cruiser. You will arrive in Tenta city, where your uncle lives. Meanwhile, Team Black, a criminal organization that uses pokemon to acomplish their evil plans is also heading to the Shandon Region, where they are planning the execution of their final plan. Now, it's time for your adventure! Continues in the game...​

Features
-Day/Night Real Time System (If it's 8PM outside the game, the Outdoor maps will be Dark)
-Pokemon CBS
-Pokemon CMS
-Pokedex
-PokeGear (Edited by me)
-Bicycle
-Running Shoes
-New Region
-Custom Title Screen & Menu​

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/8323/pkmnshadowzj7.png
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/9853/pkmnshadow2ag9.png

Demos
Demo 1.0 (Goes until the second team Black encounter)
http://rapidshare.com/files/79375252/PKMN_Shadow.exe.html

Recruitment
Spriters: 3
Beta Tester: 3 ( As soon as I release a new Demo)

Credits
Starter Kit: Poccil, Flameguru and Nintendo
Pokemon Shadow Game: Me!
Graphic Resources: Pokecommunity.com , pe2k.com and Pokecharms.com
Audio Resources: vgmusic.com
Title Screen (Not in the demo yet): OmegaGroudon

Update History:
1/6/08 - Added a part of the Story and 2 new screenshot sets. Including one of the Moltres encounter.

Last edited:

Atomic Reactor

but your going to want to improve on your trainer sprites though.
add some shading.
keep it up though.

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
Years
I have just had a go, and when you first start the game it says continue. I deided to click it, and a game loads where your in the middle of a black map. Nothing else there.

I then restarted and clicked new game, it as worked fine and is great. :) Also the saving feature works, so thats good. I suggest just removing the continue when you first play.

MR.GLITCH_KING

~ThaEmbacy~
Years
  • Seen Jul 3, 2008
i would suggest changing the font cuz it doesnt rly match
and just scratch those trainer sprites n redo the whole thing

shuppet_is_dumb

Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2009
thanks everyone. I am going to redo some trainer sprites, and about the font, I will put Pokemon fonts. I coudn't remove the continue feature, so I just warped the guy to the middle of a black map. That was on purpose.

Last edited:

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
Do you need a titlescreen?
I can make titlescreen for the game^^

shuppet_is_dumb

Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2009
I already have one, but I made it on paint... If you could make me one, i`d thank you alot and put you on the credits. Oh, and your game is cool! It`s one of the best showcases ive seen around here.

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
I did 2 for you.
shadowgn1.png

and

shadow2uf5.png

shuppet_is_dumb

Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2009
Huge update! Look to the first post, a story edit and 2 new sreenshot sets!

Oh, and thanks OmegaGroudon, i will use the first one.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
I played through until the first Gym Leader, where I quit in frustration. The game is, put simply, just too hard. I like a challenge, but this game really needs to be much easier. A level 14 Staravia should NOT be able to KO my level 14 Charmander with Wing Attack. Man, I even had problems with the Gym Trainers!

Apart from that, there were way too many spelling errors, and the custom sprites weren't very good either. The mapping is OK, and some of the custom events are cool, but apart from that the demo was very lackluster.

ryushin5

In College YAY! :3
Years
ok i downloaded it but when i go to play it says invalid access to memory location somebody please help me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back