• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Why aren't my Hacking topics posted yet?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 8, 2015
Hi, I will try not to sound rude, or get pissy... because this is bugging me.

I disliked having to wait until 15 posts before I could post my screenshots for my topic, as I was restricted NOT to post URLs. I also posted two topics in different sections with the message "your topic will be approved by a moderator". I posted my hack in Progressing Hacks section, with the new screenshots after waiting, and one in the research section, but my topics are still not up today.

I'm itching to talk ASM methods, and learn new things, but I am held back by this wait.

I hate to say, I'm a bit insulted my topic wasn't even posted in the past week, even though I didn't post four screenshots because "sorry, you can't do that, you still don't have 15 posts... NOOB".

I'm really trying to restrict my words here... but seriously, I have to WAIT for 15 posts, then WAIT for a moderator, which, from what I've heard, are MOSTLY INACTIVE. I shouldn't have to wait, I'm also held back on my modding because I need feedback to make the next step. I need to know if people LIKE my ideas before I implement them.

I also have a deadline. I have a flash cart coming in, and I want to get these things implemented before I play the game/mod for a test. So, I need feedback/ideas to work on. I'm very bored by the other topics on this forum, and I was hoping to jot jargon with some other hackers here in my topics.

Sirfetch’d

How long ago was it that you submitted your topics? The rules state that it may take up to 24 hours for a topic to be approved. If it has been longer, you are free to PM a moderator of that section about it to see why it wasn't approved.

Approval

Hacks threads that do not meet the rules set above will simply be ignored and unapproved. A thread will not appear if you do not meet these requirements. Please be patient about your thread being approved – it is not an immediate process. You may have to wait at least 24 hours before your hack thread is approved. If your hack thread isn't approved, you slipped up somewhere. You may PM a moderator for information on why your thread may not have been approved.

Years
I took a look at the Progressing Hacks as well as Research & Development sections and it looks like your threads were denied by the moderators. You're more than welcome to private message then to ask why, though! They're happy to help you out. :) Chances are it was just a minor slip-up somewhere that could easily be fixed and resubmitted but I don't know very much on that note as I don't frequent Emulation.

I do think it would be nice to receive a notification if your threads are approved or denied, though; that way members wouldn't get confused and assume their thread hadn't yet been looked at when in reality it could have just been denied.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 8, 2015
Well some of them might be denied since I couldn't post screenshots (as I mentioned), but my last one too? Who do I PM?

Years
Well some of them might be denied since I couldn't post screenshots (as I mentioned), but my last one too? Who do I PM?
Send a PM to either DrFuji or giradialkia as both of them mod the ROM Hacking section here! And for future reference, you can always find who mods a section under each section's forum splash! :3

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 8, 2015
Send a PM to either DrFuji or giradialkia as both of them mod the ROM Hacking section here! And for future reference, you can always find who mods a section under each section's forum splash! :3
Oh, alright... I'll try to remember that for next time. I just didn't know if they saw my topics or not.

EDIT: I still posted some of my work in the Sprite Art forum, but I would like to learn some ASM techniques. I'm not a beginner to ASM, but I am looking for information from others with my topics. It's possible the Research topic was in the wrong spot, I'll check again.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 8, 2015
Well... I PM'd them over 24 hours ago, and I haven't received a reply from either of them.. they might be busy, but I would seriously like to know where to post my topic.

All the sub-forms seem the same to me, so I'm confused to where to actually PUT my hack... I mean, I want to showcase it can get ideas. I tried putting it in the slideshow section this time, I'm guessing that makes more sense...

Although it's kind of rude not to let me know, or suggest to move it to another sub-forum... I mean, I have a problem where I have a difficulty differentiating things.

I'm not a noob at hacking, but I can understand how I can come off as a noob when I come to a new community. I'm not one of the most productive hackers, but I make some amazing stuff when I get feedback.

Sirfetch’d

Emulation and Hacking is one of the busiest forums here at PC which requires a lot of attention from the moderators of that section. I am sure that they saw your PMs, but just haven't found the time to respond. If you are confused though as to where to post your topic, you might can get a quick response by asking here in the Simple Questions thread.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Here is some information about the ROM Hacking Forums:

The Hacks Showcase forum is for the outstanding hacks at the PokeCommunity who have a significant amount of progress made in terms of the Hacks development.

Hack Showcase is normally used for hacks with a polished beta which includes a number of gyms (if it is a pokémon hack). Requirements found here.

The Progressing Hacks forum is a forum for all members to view: it shows many creative ROM hack projects at PC. This forum is open for members to post their own projects - you can too!

Progressing Hacks is for any member to post their original-story hack. This is probably the forum you need, however since you have not mentioned anything it is hard to tell.There are specific requirements in this forum too.

The Sideshow Showcase is a section where you can post hacks which are not entirely meant to be serious hacks. These could be '386' hacks, mini-projects or even good old translation projects.

Non-original hacks, tweaks and quick comedy hacks go in the Sideshow Showcase. Rules and information found here.

---​

At this point, please don't keep posting threads for the mods to approve - give them a bit of time to catch up with these and work out where your thread will go. Giving them 26 hours and complaining they have not responded is not going to help you in anyway, just be patient.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 8, 2015
Still no reply from PM'ing both mods... no idea where to post my hack...

Regardless, I just want to post a music import I did. I tried the main page for hacking again... I am seriously clueless, and I don't like how the moderators are not letting me know where to post things...

Here's what my post looks like in another forum:
http://hax.iimarck.us/post/31155/#p31155

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
At this point if you reeeeeally want to know, and there's still no reply from the two mods, try PMing one of the higher staff members (in bold orange and red) and they may be able to help you. Maybe you might get a quicker response then.

Usually ROM hacking threads are approved after 24 hours, but you gotta be extra patient! ;)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Here's what my post looks like in another forum:
http://hax.iimarck.us/post/31155/#p31155
This is at best a Progressing Hacks hack... care to quote your first post of the denied thread...?
Because we at ROM hacking section have some rules before the hack's thread is approved.
You need to include base storyline, features and of course screeshots (no problem here, even though you could add more of them and resize them into smaller size)

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I've approved both of your threads in that section, but I've moved your Pokémon Gold hack to the Sideshow Showcase. If that's a problem then I'm sure giradialkia or DrFuji will get around to moving it somewhere else.

As for your waiting times - while both mods are very busy people irl so I understand why they've taken a while to get to you, you're right in that it isn't fair on you to have to make 15 posts and then wait a further ~3 days before someone actually gets around to approving your thread. If you're left waiting this long again, please go ahead and PM a higher staff member who can approve threads throughout the forum.

"sorry, you can't do that, you still don't have 15 posts... NOOB".

We don't have that rule to make new members feel bad, haha. It's one of the main reasons why we have so fewer spambots than other major Pokémon forums. d:

Last edited:
Back