• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I just updated my status!

Years
...on facebook! Go check it out!

Well, not really. :P but I want to know... are y'all into social media? Which social media sites do y'all use? From Facebook, to Pinterest, to tumblr, etc.

Years
I have a twitter account and that's about it. I've never really got into Facebook. Skype only for talking to my dad once in a while.

droomph

weeb
Years
I check Facebook once a day and twitter once in a hot-pink moon, and tumblr never :p

I never really got into it, but they (especially Facebook) are convenient when I accidentally didn't write down a homework and I need to talk to someone from class.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I use facebook to keep in touch with some of my friends that have moved away for college and to reply to statuses with "witty" comments. I hardly ever make my own statuses, ever.

I don't really use anything else. I have a Tumblr account, but I spent about an hour on there, got bored, and never came back to it.

Years
The only social media that I actively use is Twitter, where I've got two accounts (one is my personal one, and the other is for my fantasy hockey team, which actually has 4x the followers). Even then, it's mostly just so I can get news and updates quickly, rather than tweeting myself all the time.

I've tried using other social media like Facebook and Tumblr, but neither of them really interested me, so I stopped using them almost as quickly as I signed up.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 14, 2017
I have Facebook, but that's mostly for their Messenger app so I can talk to my friend during school (for some reason, Messenger is faster than both of the other texting apps I've tried).
I've tried Twitter and Tumblr but I don't really like either :/

Aurora2698

Unofficial Semicolon Queen
Years
I've had a Facebook account for the past 18 months and I recently got back to Twitter after a few months of forgetting I had an account. I also have a few Skype accounts lying around, but I rarely use Skype - I lost the last use I had for it a few months ago. If IRC counts as 'social networking', I spend half my life connected to SynIRC... I also recently made a Pinterest account, so I'll be trying that out in due time.

Stuff such as Tumblr or Instagram doesn't go very well with me - I've never seen a use for Tumblr and I absolutely despise posting photos of myself, which rules out Instagram (although I do have an Instagram account, which by some miracle has about 100 followers - and no, they aren't adbots).​

TY

I have Facebook, which i rarely use and not even wanna share alongside anyone since i never go on it xD
And i got Twitter which i use often and mostly im just talking nonsense on it xD
And i got Skype (which seems to be social media O_o) which i also use a lot just to chat with people (no voice, maybe ill do that in the future, i got a headset for it xD)

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I have a Twitter account, and I will say whatever I feel like on there, whether it's personal, or whether I have new things coming up. I've never liked Facebook; getting sick of people asking me if I have.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I have my phone lol

Also facebook, because without it I miss out on so many things. I have friends who organize everything from big parties to half-spontaneous pizza nights on facebook rather than to call people up and invite them :x Also most of my clubs and school classes have groups there where we coordinate and discuss stuff so yeah. Facebook is too useful for me to let go :/ Tried for a while once or twice, but I just missed out on too much.

Nothing else, unless you'd count PC ;)

Years
  • Age 51
  • Seen Jul 22, 2016
No social media for me. Want to make friends, get out of the house and actually meet people.

Years
I used Facebook a lot prior to joining PC, but I left my account to collect dust lol.

I also use Twitter occasionally, and when I'm not browsing PC I'm busy finding cool stuff to post on my Tumblr page, because you never know when I may come across a potential image for my next avatar or signature. I usually store most of my avatar/sig theme sources on my Tumblr page as well, in fact the header was made all by myself!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 1, 2020
I'm mainly on tumblr just to search for images.. I was reblogging a lot but that's just slowed down a bit for me. I use Facebook too but that's very sporadic.

Years
I've never used Facebook at all. The account I have I only used to play their Robot Unicorn game for a while, haha. Do use Twitter though! Got into it less than a year ago but it's really fun for venting~

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I have a tumblr that I rarely use, I have an Instagram I use for lurking, and I have a Twitter that I use pretty often. I don't have a Facebook, though.

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
The only social media website I use is Facebook. Unlike most people my age I don't use Twitter and don't plan to. This is because I have no use for it. I use Facebook to keep in touch with family, friends, coworkers, and people I knew from high school with instant message or I check out their wall. I personally post an average of one status per week, sometimes every other week. I don't have a lot to tell the world and only post when I think it's important or it's something that interests me that I care to share. I also only add friends that I personally know in real life even if we're not close. This is why if I had a Twitter it would have a very low number of tweets, barely any followers, and even less people I'd follow. Tweeting about every single thing I do throughout the day and constantly talking and reading about what other people are doing, even if they are close friends, sounds like a stressful chore to me which is why it's surprising to me that so many people my age do it by choice.

perthskies

Nostalgic
Years
I think it's amazing how Social Media has exploded within the last three five years. I remember forums used to be the first form of Social Media. xD

As with any social media or instant messaging tool it's only as good as the people you want to talk to that use it. So therefore I use Facebook regularly to keep in touch and the Messaging Chat tool is pretty seamless on both a browser and smartphone, I like how the conversation will transfer over.

Twitter and Tumblr I'm exploring at the moment, but yeah Forums like PC will always have a nostalgic place in my heart when they were at their peak. :D

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years
Not really. I use a facebook to keep in touch with friends, but I never update my status. I think my last status was from 4 years ago. Actually now that I think about it, my profile description still says that I'm 15. I'm 20 now.

Back