• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Clubs Ideas and Discussions

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
To be real, though - PokeCommunity is a huge forum, with areas that cover pretty much everything in life. You would be hard-pressed to find a club that doesn't steal activity from another forum in some way. The more common victims are Culture & Media and Japanese Entertainment, because the focuses of those forums are where a lot of fandoms come from, but ultimately that shouldn't matter because clubs have a very different energy than a regular discussion thread - they are generally a more cohesive and inherently positive environment, and I believe that's why the clubs deserve to exist.

I forgot the point I was trying to make with this.... oh right! The fact that a club might take activity from another section isn't necessarily a reason for it not to exist. Clubs and discussion sections are two very different things, and if a person has enough passion for the subject at hand then I see no reason why they shouldn't be able to post in both.

So personally, I don't see the problem with an artist's club. It goes well with the musician's corner and the fitness club. I do question how much activity it would get, but I guess that's something you can only know for sure by trying it out. As for a deviantArt club, I tend to agree with CWP there - so maybe just lump that in with the art/artist club and do it all as one?

droomph, my point about activity-stealing above applies to the Japanese language club as well, but if you're worried about that, I don't think you need to be. I just had a quick look in the club and from what I've seen, all the threads except for one are about various anime series, and not so much about the culture itself.

In any case, I've always been a sort of 'you don't know until you try' sort of person, so that's what I recommend you do. That's just my opinion though, the others are bringing up valid points as well :P

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Andy I was more thinking about how Erica said that people have been complaining about other clubs stealing activity from other forums.

Personally I think the Artist club would be great, especially if it had a lot of interest and active members, I think it could be fantastic. As Andy said Lumping the DA into the artist club would probably work best.

Droomph for a Japanese Language club I think it would take a lot of work to keep it going well. Though if it gets a lot of active members and interest is could be a very popular and fun club.

Personally I'm fairly happy with anything that will bring more activity to Other Clubs as long as its with in the rules!

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I'm personally against an "artist" club seeing as it would need to coexist with the Art Gallery section we have here. I would agree with having a DeviantArt club though seeing as that is more specific and wouldn't really hurt that section or so to say. Just depends on how much activity we get for that club; I can't see it getting that much. If there were activities for the club such as "find something which inspires you" or "use this flash game to make mario look like zelda" then it could work.

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
Hmm... I would like to make a Harvest Moon Fanclub but I would like to know if there would be anyone who would be interested and join the club?

Shining Raichu

Years
That's not something I'd personally join, but I know there are quite a few Homestuck fans on PC, so I think you might get quite a bit of activity if you do!

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
I have heard a lot of people on the forums talk about homestuck before so it could work but for it to work it does need a lot that can be discussed about it / new content regularly and everyone who is interested to actually participate in it. If you have all those together I think it will definitely work out great!

Ravenfreak

Raven rocks! :D
Years
Would a Teen Titans club be okay? I'd love to make it, but of course i'd like to see who else would love to join. Plus the show is being revived in 2013, so we'd have stuff to talk about, and there are shorts airing on DC Nation as well. :)

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
In all honesty from what I've seen clubs based on shows basically go completely idle unless the show is currently airing. So saying that unless the shorts bring enough discussion and there is enough interest at the moment I'd either wait till a lot closer to the reboot or even after the reboot has already start or I fear it won't be very active.

Shining Raichu

Years
I had to do a Google search just to find out what House of Anubis was - and I'm usually pretty well-informed on TV shows, so I don't know how popular or well-known it would be. I could be totally wrong and I hope I am, but I wouldn't want you to waste your time if nobody's heard of it.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Was wondering..

What about a cosplay/ convention/ expo club? For people who like to go to comic/ anime/ game conventions?

Inspired by Comic-Con, Kura? =P I'd probably join one, but I have to go to a convention first... I missed out on Comic-Con last year. >>

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Kura I think that be a really cool club of there's enough people who Cosplay and show interest in it. Lots of discussion on how you make your costumes and stuff like that as well as pictures of finished Cosplay would be awesome! Id definitely read anything interesting posted in it.

On mega man.. I don't know how well that would work.. Might not be enough interest and discussion to keep it going.

Back