• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

White Stripes announce break up

Years
They've been on hiatus for a few years, so there's some consolation in that. However, it's also sad to know that I won't ever get to see them live. Mixed emotions but I can't say I didn't see this coming, what with Meg starting a family and Jack White doing a thousand other things.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Have they actually made any music in the last few years? At least this way they won't enter a downwards spiral towards the musical landfill.

Still, I've only heard Seven Nation Army, so what do I know?

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
Years
i only liked one song from them and that was all i never really liked the band so i am not sad to see them stop

Barney.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 30, 2015
Not going to lie. As much as they weren't one of my favourite bands, they certainly were..Brilliant. And it's a very sad day knowing that I'll never see them live.

But at least we can still enjoy the 6 albums that they made. All of them are great.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
After such a long hiatus this was to be expected. At least Jack has other bands, hopefully he'll focus a bit more on The Dead Weather and actually make a decent third album. The Raconteurs are good as well. Jack won't leave the music world for a long time, and he really was the brains behind The White Stripes anyway.

saint paxton

Wat it do baby boo~
Years
I used to be super obsessed with the white stripes. In, like, 2006 or something, they were supposed to come to my city. I had tickets and everything, and then Meg White was sick or something. Sooooo disappointed.

Anyway, I really like a ton of their stuff. I didn't really like a lot of what I heard from Icky Thump, but everything before that was amazing. It's sad that they're officially done.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Ah, a group of friends and I really enjoyed them in high school. I was never a huge fan, but I mean, me and a friend of mine drove to a play listening to nothing but White Stripes music. Makes for good times. But like it's been said, after that long hiatus, it's to be expected that they'd break up.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
It's always been about Jack White, and he's in bands with much more talented artists. He made up 90% of the White Stripes, as opposed to fifty. He'll stick around, if you want White Strips, go look at the numerous other bands he participates in.

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2011
well my roots are in them so yeah its kinda sad for me but it was obvious, they were already selling everything and meg was not talking at all while jack talked about araconteurs reunion so meh, i sw it coming from a long time ago. I dont like the fact that jack is on heavy drugs lately but i hope he gets clean sooner than later

2Blue4u

Red Doesn't Come Close
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 20, 2014
This is a major bummer. MAJOR.
Although because Jack White is doing a ton of other things, The White Stripes haven't really disbanded. Isn't he still doing The Deadweather and the Raconteurs?
Either way though, this sucks. They were the band of the 2000s.

Back