• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ryen

Who's idea should we use for the second gym? (Ideas posted in the thread)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
Nice update SL! If your doing what I think your doing then you beat me to it lol.

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Nice update SL! If your doing what I think your doing then you beat me to it lol.

Thanks! I think you're talking about surf beign the first Hm? That's what the Dewgong sidequest is for. You get it back from a Galactic Grunt and level it up to make it learn Surf.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
The design of the new hero OW looks quite cool, so are with the tiles. This game is slowly catching up with those top games like Raptors, Amthyst and Protectors. Bow down to the custom graphics and features.

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
The design of the new hero OW looks quite cool, so are with the tiles. This game is slowly catching up with those top games like Raptors, Amthyst and Protectors. Bow down to the custom graphics and features.

Lol thanks dude! Are you planning on entering the contest? I'm anxious to start mapping Signas City!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
Thanks! I think you're talking about surf beign the first Hm? That's what the Dewgong sidequest is for. You get it back from a Galactic Grunt and level it up to make it learn Surf.
Nah It wasn't that lol but that too. I was thinking you were gonna reveal your New HM's before I did mine.

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Nah It wasn't that lol but that too. I was thinking you were gonna reveal your New HM's before I did mine.

Yeah Ryen might have 2 or 3 new Hm's but some definates that are staying in are dive. waterfall, and strengh. Not sure about the others though. They might or will be replaced with new Hm's. Oh and did I mention that I'm making water routes more complex such as them having water ledges, rocksmash rocks, and several other alternative routes that could lead to "Dead Ends".

is florinda gonna be a gym leader? or was this already answered...

funny. because the grass gym leader in my game is flora........ :P

EDIT: Oh! thats 15 posts now ill make a thread 4 my game... one sec

I can't answer that... ;)

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
Lol thanks dude! Are you planning on entering the contest? I'm anxious to start mapping Signas City!

Well honestly I'm really impressed by your versatility. You're a mapper, spriter, tile/graphic designer and also a scripter. Most people can only do one or two of those things, while some can't even make maps. Maybe this is the reason why I'm so sure that Pkmn Ryen will become one of the most popular game in future.

Well I'm not sure if I should enter the contest or not. I've been stuck with school work recently. I'm going to have two exams and two labs next week, but I will be less busier afterwards. I will think about your suggestion by then.

cdrew

Spastic Video Game Designer
Years
Yeah Ryen might have 2 or 3 new Hm's but some definates that are staying in are dive. waterfall, and strengh. Not sure about the others though. They might or will be replaced with new Hm's. Oh and did I mention that I'm making water routes more complex such as them having water ledges, rocksmash rocks, and several other alternative routes that could lead to "Dead Ends".

sounds cool. I was thinking about making Dig an HM in my game and make it to get through collapsed walls. this would replace the utterly pointless Flash HM.

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Hey, i made for map for contest, here is it.
newcityforshinylugia.png

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Hey, i made for map for contest, here is it.
Spoiler:
Nice map dude, and renember that my team and I will be making the tiles so please provide a description of the tiles (futuristic, blue, shapes, etc...).

that map looks nice. though maybe you should replace some of the benches with more trees. but thats up to SL.

maybe i should enter the contest just for fun.......

Hope you do enter the contest!

cdrew

Spastic Video Game Designer
Years
how do i take a screen of the whole map?

nevermind. i figured it out. here you go:

map4ryen.png

It took me a while to decide where to start, but I think it turned out pretty well. I sure hope it fits the descriptions enough.......

Last edited:

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
...Your...tiles...in...your...sig...look...sooooooo...nice.....!!!!
No really. They look breath-taking.
Thanks! Each Island in Ryen (or pair of islands) will have their own set of tiles!

how do i take a screen of the whole map?

nevermind. i figured it out. here you go:

Spoiler:

It took me a while to decide where to start, but I think it turned out pretty well. I sure hope it fits the descriptions enough.......

That map's ok though the entrances are off, but i'm not here to rate it that's all up to the Idealists!

Update

capture205.png

(prototype, new one with protagonists and flosting gems coming soon...)
Tittle screen music currently custom remix of metroid zero mission tittle screen music...

More Changes... (again):
I'm going to haved a small section like this in every update to show what changes have been made to Ryen! Here are a few new tiles and the new hero ow!:

First the gatehouse which I discovered had a small error:

capture305.png

Now some new houses that have been added into the game (I'm replacing every building in the game):

capture304.png

capture296.png

capture294.png

The new Pokemon center and another house!

capture302.png

...And if you guys haven't noiticed one of the trees has a new base and we now have a new flower. The flower was by 44tim44, our new Tile Artist (and a great one he is!).

A great storyline:

The game's storyline has taken sudden change, something you've never seen in a Pokemon game! Well I'm not going to talk about it because it would spoil the whole game so I'll tell you what will happens in the demo. The demo which I will call Pokemon Ryen: Act 1 Demo will be full of anticipation to the actual climax of the game. Th game's storyline in Ryen will be more important than the gym challenges as it actually relates to the protagonist. As you advance through the game you'll question your identity, your origins, and the world around you... Is it all real? What is your role...

capture290.png

Atomic Reactor

Just one concern, on the red roofed homes, shouldn't the lighter side be on the left?
Since the light source is usually coming from the top left on everything else.
But yeah, looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back