• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Light Version [Beta 1 Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

r0bert

Quitifyingly awesome.
Years
Oh I can insert perfectly fine. There are just 6 pals for the main tileset and there aren't any un used colors I could switch for better pallets. But thanks for the offer If I could mange to remove some pals and add others, that would not take way from the game then I will do so.
That's called Pallete editing,so you change all the tiles of the pal,simple,right?

r0bert

Quitifyingly awesome.
Years
I mean.if you insert a new tree,insert everything you would want in that pal.
(trees,grass,flowers,that kinda stuff)

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Are those seashells from Link's Awakening? Ah, memories...

Overall, I like the tile choices. Usually when people try to use a combination of FR/LG tiles and custom tiles, the clash in style is very apparent but you make it look good. Keep up the good work. :)

Meri-tje

Cute Pokémon FTW!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 2, 2011
This really sounds cool!

If it's a Fire Red hack will it be playable on the VBA?
Or will it only be for the DS Emulators
(I hate those things and can never get them to be fast)

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
I honestly can't wait to try this, it seems like a good one.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
I mean.if you insert a new tree,insert everything you would want in that pal.
(trees,grass,flowers,that kinda stuff)
Easer said then done, but if you feel you can prove me wrong. I can email you my hack(for your eyes only) To see what I mean.

Are those seashells from Link's Awakening? Ah, memories...

Overall, I like the tile choices. Usually when people try to use a combination of FR/LG tiles and custom tiles, the clash in style is very apparent but you make it look good. Keep up the good work. :)
Well as a legend of zelda addict lots of my tiles came from their series. Thank you very much, your compliments way heavily. I will continue to try my best, and create a hack worthy of all of your compliments. :D

This really sounds cool!

If it's a Fire Red hack will it be playable on the VBA?
Or will it only be for the DS Emulators
(I hate those things and can never get them to be fast)
Um, It's a GBA hack, so yes it would be playable on VBA (A GBA emulator) Or any other software that plays GBA Games.

r0bert

Quitifyingly awesome.
Years
Easer said then done, but if you feel you can prove me wrong. I can email you my hack(for your eyes only) To see what I mean.

Well as a legend of zelda addict lots of my tiles came from their series. Thank you very much, your compliments way heavily. I will continue to try my best, and create a hack worthy of all of your compliments. :D

Um, It's a GBA hack, so yes it would be playable on VBA (A GBA emulator) Or any other software that plays GBA Games.
I'll prove you wrong.That's what I do. [email protected]
also:ZELDA RULEZ!!!!

zZJoennZz

What da!?
Years
The story is interesting and I would like to play this game if this outs.

And about the textbox, the content look bit dark, I mean th backgorund and the tiles was good and very well with FR/LG default tiles.

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021

i noticed that you had some zelda tiles on your hack, and since you say that you are a zelda addict, i posted a whole tileset of zelda tiles on the rom hacking resources thread...i'm just letting you know..

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Nope, I sprited them myself there for, I got the basic concept down, but they are not professional enough to be inserted into my hack. This hack really can use a talented spriter (chibi robo ;) I'm looking at you.) When this hack get a talented hacker then we will fix the fakemon, and post them. :)

UPDATE:
It's been a while since I added screenshots, so I thought I would update my hack, and show my followers that this hack is constantly being worked on. :)

LS11.png

This screenshot shows you, where you obtain your starter pokemon. It also indicates that you would have more then the normal 3 choices. I have chosen to allow the player a choice of 12 starter pokemon (Every starter from Gens 1-4).

LS12.png

Showing off the stage I made.

LS13.png

This screen shot was taken to show that you name your rival in game.
Credit: Jambo

LS14.png

This is the new bridge I have been working on. It is appose to be a huge bridge made of brick. This is just a small section of the bridge that I completed, there is more screens to come from the bridge. :)

Also a big shot out, and thanks to Diegoisawsome, for his 3 layer hack. These latest screenshots would not have been possible without that hack. So please check out his hack too; it is very well done. I beta tested it myself, and the new beta is at the 3rd gym. :)

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
Nope, I sprited them myself there for, I got the basic concept down, but they are not professional enough to be inserted into my hack. This hack really can use a talented spriter (chibi robo ;) I'm looking at you.) When this hack get a talented hacker then we will fix the fakemon, and post them. :)

UPDATE:
It's been a while since I added screenshots, so I thought I would update my hack, and show my followers that this hack is constantly being worked on. :)

LS11.png

This screenshot shows you, where you obtain your starter pokemon. It also indicates that you would have more then the normal 3 choices. I have chosen to allow the player a choice of 12 starter pokemon (Every starter from Gens 1-4).

LS12.png

Showing off the stage I made.

LS13.png

This screen shot was taken to show that you name your rival in game.
Credit: Jambo

LS14.png

This is the new bridge I have been working on. It is appose to be a huge bridge made of brick. This is just a small section of the bridge that I completed, there is more screens to come from the bridge. :)

Also a big shot out, and thanks to Diegoisawsome, for his 3 layer hack. These latest screenshots would not have been possible without that hack. So please check out his hack too; it is very well done. I beta tested it myself, and the new beta is at the 3rd gym. :)
Nice updates. I was planning to do that too to have all starters from every region available for choosing at the start..haha..
And the bridge look nice, love it, hope i can see abit more of the bridge, want to see how it really looks like.
And what do you mean by Diegoisawsome 3 layers hack? was just curious.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Yeah the bridge's arches are my favorite part :)
You know how a tile has 2 layers. (Bottom and top) in advance map. Well with diego's hack I can now have tiles with 3 layers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back