• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Champions League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Oh and Cynthia would CRUSH Alder. Garchomp = domination.

What about Alder's Vanniluxe and Druddigon? I reckon they'd certainly give Garchomp a run for its money :o I know Garchomp is incredibly fast and could almost without doubt out-speed these two Pokémon, but I'm not sure Garchomp really has any moves to effectively take these Pokémon (especially Druddigon) out in one hit. Especially since they're super bulky!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Cynthia's stronger than Alder imo, granted Alder does have Volcorona but Cynthia does have her Milotic to counter it when put in the opposite position CynthChomp would have Stone Edge to handle Vanilluxe where Volcorona can barely do anything to Milotic if anything at all but that's just my 2 cents there.

Long time no see btw.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Only member of Alder's team that can handle CynthChomp imo would have to be Escavalier since its defense isn't too shabby and its attack is outright ridiculous, pretty much Scizor on steroids if you ask me, that and it isn't weak to any of CynthChomp's attacks thankfully. If CynthChomp can 2HKO Escavalier though then it's GG for Alder right then and there lol.

okjoek

Hoenn champ
Years
Hi! I'd Like to join this club.

I'm Okjoek​

I'd like my friend to be Wallace
My partner would be Milotic​

I want to join because I havn't been on in a long time (since early in the school year) and my old Team Magma and Aqua fanclub doesn't appear to exist anymore so I need some new groups to chat about Pokemon stuff with. Since I love role playing in my games by making my own champion teams I thought this would be a nice place to discuss the pros and cons of the existing champions. My first game was Emerald which was awesome because I got to fight not one but two champions! I hope you soon add Iris to your list aswell. Also as a side note N was able to defeat Alder officialy making him a champion for a short time so he should be up there =P.

Onto discussion I guess... Strongest Champion? Here's how I rate them and why:

1: Cynthia, She has a ballanced team, I love how they used a pokemon with no weakness as a startoff in battle. Garchomp is the most devistating sweeper of an end boss ever.

2: Steven: It's not asmuch his team I like as it is his design, attitude, speech and the fact that collecting stones is indeed a fun hobby! But when it comes to battling, he's got something that'l piss everyone off from spikes to toxic to duel screening. I'm dissapointed he doesn't have one pokemon that knows sandstorm, but his theme of finding the opponents weak points is wonderful.

3:Gary Mother____ing Oak, I fought EVERY SINGLE trainer in my Fire Red and still had trouble in battle with him. He's got a well ballanced team, although none of his pokemon would fall into my favorite list.He's the original champion so he has to be in my top 3.

4: Wallace, yes my first champion! and by far the most fabulous! Doubling as a contest master and ex gym leader I just never understand why he's so underrated. He's the only champion I EVER lost to because since Emerald was my first game I skipped loads of trainers and was not so much confused but too intrigued with the world of pokemon around me to prepair and even buy equipment effectively. On top of that I had my Blaziken, Chicky who found no comfort fighting Wallace. I eventually beat him after capturing Rayquaza which I realy had no idea in my inexperience that it was a "no skill" way to win.

5: Lance... Ice beam. Nuff said. Couldn't be bottom for me though because the overall idea is badass and capes are simply amazing.

Red: I realy don't care for his team nor design, but he is... red I guess. *shrugs*.

6: Alder... Derp, His whole team could be swept by a pokemon with some good fire and fighting moves like my infernape from Diamond.​

Last edited:

okjoek

Hoenn champ
Years
I'd rate Iris prety good. She's like Lance except she covers for the ice type weakness a little better. HOWEVER!...

Lapras, Aggron and Hydreigon are ALL weak against fighting type moves which are extreemly common to use. Ontop of that non of her team can truely resist fighting type moves. I'd Imagine being able to go in there with a Lucario that knows aura sphere and dragon pulse and simply sweeping her.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Name: Seraphimon-sama
Friend: Cynthia
Partner: Garchomp
Reason for Joining: I really really like Cynthia.

I'd honestly rate Iris as a decent Champion, better than all other Champions except for Wallace, Steven and Cynthia. I destroyed her team with just Emboar and Azumarill.

okjoek

Hoenn champ
Years
I've got an awesome idea for champions! How come they make it so that they never use items besides a sitrus berry? I think they need to give all champion pokemon one item even if it's just more berries! Someone who calls themselves a champion wouldn't be so stupid as to not take an oppertunity that could mean the difference between a win and a lose.

Personaly I wouldn't mind another Gary champion who simply gives a water,fire, grass trio. For example in Unova something cool would be:

Eelektross- A good startoff kinda like cynthia because it has no weaknesses.
Light screen
Thunder wave
Brick break
Thunderbolt

Mienshao- A good sweeper.
Hi-Jump kick
Stone edge
U-turn
Reflect

Jellicent- Recover will be sure to cause irritation.
Surf/hydro pump
Shadow ball
Recover
Ice beam

Ferrothorn- Slow and deffencive based.
Curse
Gyro ball
Payback
Power whip

Volcarona- Buff up then sweep.
Quiver dance
Flamethrower/ fireblast
bug buzz
psychic

Dennis' hacked hydreigon FTW- what's a champion without an awesome end boss?
Surf
Fire blast
Focus blast
Dragon pulse

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Lol I love how you call Ghetsis Dennis XD
Welcome to the club Seraphimon-sama! Will add you and ojoek as soon as I get to a real computer and not just a phone XD But yeah that would be a great team for someone in Unova. It wouldn't work on Iris though because of her Dragon Gym type, but it would be great for Banjirou (pretty sure that's his name) or Alder. Preferably Banjirou since its kinda like a fresh slate for him where as with Alder you kinda already have a team that you have to stick to.

mineox100

Hey.
Years
I've got an awesome idea for champions! How come they make it so that they never use items besides a sitrus berry? I think they need to give all champion pokemon one item even if it's just more berries! Someone who calls themselves a champion wouldn't be so stupid as to not take an oppertunity that could mean the difference between a win and a lose.

Personaly I wouldn't mind another Gary champion who simply gives a water,fire, grass trio. For example in Unova something cool would be:

Eelektross- A good startoff kinda like cynthia because it has no weaknesses.
Light screen
Thunder wave
Brick break
Thunderbolt

Mienshao- A good sweeper.
Hi-Jump kick
Stone edge
U-turn
Reflect

Jellicent- Recover will be sure to cause irritation.
Surf/hydro pump
Shadow ball
Recover
Ice beam

Ferrothorn- Slow and deffencive based.
Curse
Gyro ball
Payback
Power whip

Volcarona- Buff up then sweep.
Quiver dance
Flamethrower/ fireblast
bug buzz
psychic

Dennis' hacked hydreigon FTW- what's a champion without an awesome end boss?
Surf
Fire blast
Focus blast
Dragon pulse

That's a pretty good team! :D Does the champion have an Action Replay? XD
I would replace Dragon Pulse with Dragon Rush, because it's awesome. :P

okjoek

Hoenn champ
Years
I'd love to see someone like steven using a team like this!:

Tyranitar- Perfect setup and automatic sandstorm! Perhaps a Rocky helmet for hold.
Stealth rock
Stone edge
payback
fire blast

Garchomp- Sand veil+Lax incense = Troll. Swords dance will have you crying aswell.
Swords dance
dragon claw/rush
Earthquake
Brich break

Metagross- Tank with a priority move for extra difficulty. Leftovers would work for it.
Meteor mash
Earthquake
Psychic
Bullet punch

Excadrill (sand rush)- Sweep! Let it hold something like an expert belt.
Earthquake
X-scizzor
Rock slide
Shadow claw/Brick break

Caracoasta(sturdy)- Shell smash+Sturdy= Win sweep. I'd let it hold a lum berry maybe.
Shell smash
Surf
Earthquake
Crunch

Archeops- Could probably hold a sitrus berry incase it goes just below half HP.
I'm not sure about a moveset because I've never used it!, but Iris' looks tough so hers probably has good moves.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I know this is far back, but I just had to comment on this post.

Why though? What has he ever done that warrants being champion? His team sucks and he's soooo weak! xD Incidentally, here's something to discuss :D

Red is supposedly champion of the Indigo League, but how strong do you think he actually is?
In my opinion, not strong at all. his team is terrible and he picked really odd Pokémon to use! Snorlax and Lapras are good Pokémon in general, but the rest of his team is really bad. Venosaur can be decent, but things like Blastoise, Charizard, Pikachu, they all suck D: I really wish he was harder because climbing to the top of Mt Silver to beat a Pikachu is not worth it >.>
While you're right in some of the choices being quite odd, you also gotta take the other champions into account. The levels of his team far exceeds any other champion there has ever been, even though his highest leveled was a Pikachu. Also I'm pretty sure that he's not supposed to be Ash, however his team was based on the most popular Pokémon from the first generation. The game had been long overdue, and I think the game developers wanted to put something in that would remind the players of the first generation, so they made a team based around the popular Pokémon from that generation. Pikachu, being the mascot of the whole franchise, should be his main Pokémon. The fully evolved starters were some of the most well known Pokémon from back then, so of course they should also be in the team. Both Snorlax and Lapras were strong event Pokémon, where you couldn't even get through the game without beating Snorlax, and you were also most likely to get a Lapras along the way from Silph Co, which made both of them pretty well known too. So yeah, while some of the second generation Pokémon might've been more ideal, it just wouldn't fit into the whole theme.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
I'm back guys!:D
I know this is far back, but I just had to comment on this post.

While you're right in some of the choices being quite odd, you also gotta take the other champions into account. The levels of his team far exceeds any other champion there has ever been, even though his highest leveled was a Pikachu. Also I'm pretty sure that he's not supposed to be Ash, however his team was based on the most popular Pokémon from the first generation. The game had been long overdue, and I think the game developers wanted to put something in that would remind the players of the first generation, so they made a team based around the popular Pokémon from that generation. Pikachu, being the mascot of the whole franchise, should be his main Pokémon. The fully evolved starters were some of the most well known Pokémon from back then, so of course they should also be in the team. Both Snorlax and Lapras were strong event Pokémon, where you couldn't even get through the game without beating Snorlax, and you were also most likely to get a Lapras along the way from Silph Co, which made both of them pretty well known too. So yeah, while some of the second generation Pokémon might've been more ideal, it just wouldn't fit into the whole theme.
What made Red so hard for me was how high the levels were. The person with the next highest levels is Banjirou in BW2 (at least I think) but he only has three Pokemon which makes his team all the easier to beat. Red had a full team of all level 80 or higher Pokemon. Nobody has yet topped that, so you have to put Red up there as one of the strongest trainers if not the strongest.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Name: heretostay
Friend: Red
Partner: Pikachu
Reason for Joining: People like Red and Ethan Gold, maybe Lucas Platinum are my heroes. I'll be one of them some day.
Who informed you of the club: Nobody

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back