• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen 3DS DLC for Pokemon?

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I think they'll have DLC but it'll probably be just event stuff, new skins, extra items.. something like that! It'd be nice if there were more that weren't region-specific!

diamondmutt1111

A wild summer appeared!
Years
doesn't matter what the DLC is, I will probably get it. However, gameplay changing things like locking gyms or inability to complete your Dex, that's just plain rude. Don't think Nintendo would though, as Pokémon is a kid's thing, so forcing children to buy MORE to complete a game? AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT (I had to...)

DLC Add-ons would be awesome though, like new stories to prolong the ending of the game. I wonder if you delete the save file...would it delete the DLC you purchased? (or got if it's free)

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
Years
Well sweeties, I'm pretty sure all the cosmetic DLC would be free, just look at Animal Crossing.

Hopefully the DLC would also be for events

FlameNexus

Team Nexus!
Years
Honestly, it's a great idea. I often find myself bored once a pokemon game's story and after game stuff is completed. If there were to be DLC, we all could play a new quest or find a new pokemon. So, it could work. Good idea, by the way.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Oh yes, Downloadable Content for the 3DS is on the rise. So it won't be really surprising if they have it in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. And if I'm speculating what kind of Downloadable Content there will be... I would assume that some may be battles of older characters, or even characters from the anime, or it might be Downloadable Content for some special things like accessing new areas in the game, maybe even moving to new regions (but I doubt you'd be able to visit new regions anyways).

But still, it'll be amazing. Whatever the Downloadable Content they might show up... by the time the games are released. Who knows? It might even be mini games or some special event? :P

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I think the DLC would be outfits to customize the trainer, and previous pokemon events if you missed out on them.

I can actually maybe see this happening, because the protagonists this time around look really plain compared to the detail in the previous ones.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2015
Maybe DLC will relate to customization and areas where you can get stuff like...Event Pokemon, Dream World Ability Pokemon, Starters, Pokemon with unique attacks (like how my Darkrai has Spacial Rend and Roar of Time; not completely unique to that Pokemon, but unique in that the only way for that particular Pokemon to get it is through that Event/Area/Whatever), or increased chances of shinies/higher IVs. (Not too sure about last ones, but those were just ones that came to mind while typing. Please don't hit me.)

pokemanmdj

Random Passerby
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
Well, as long as only completely optional stuff is buyable.
But think- they could add in more routes, expand the region, add even MORE Pokemon (I guess...) and add more to the story of the game.

...Maybe that's a bit far fetched, but with DLC, I can se them adding a whole lot more to the game.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
DLC Possibilities

This could lead to a bevy of awesome new features, such as:
- Custom characters
- Special story arcs
- eShop event gifts (items / Pokemon)
- Nintendo Zone downloads
- Expansion packs, possibly even new areas

And this last idea is pretty radical, but what if instead of releasing a Pokemon Z or a Pokemon X2 and Y2, they released a big DLC download for $20 or so that added a bunch of new stuff and a new story? Maybe even access to a new region?

The possibilities with DLC are truly endless, and I can't wait to see GameFreak take advantage of it with Pokemon X & Y!

Last edited:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
If anything I feel it will probably just be more box skins, event pokemon, maybe teams like how Snarl was "exclusive" for awhile. It would be nice if they had something like PWT that they have DLC for that, because I believe that would enhance something like that.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
I'd like some event Pokemon. I also have an idea: free DLC that lets you choose one previous region to travel to, with all routes, gyms, etc. accessible, but you can only choose ONE.
I'd choose Hoenn :D

Sounds great.. I'm sure GameFreak will enjoy spending millions of dollars on developing all of the previous regions to sell them for free as DLC.

They charge $5.99 just for pokedex info on previous regions on the iOS app. I think expecting anything worthwhile for free as DLC for Pokemon is just naive, to be honest.

I think we're all missing the very obvious application of DLC.

New formes have been added within every generation since their introduction. Imagine DLC for D/P that added in the Platinum forme additions like Origin Giratina, the Rotom formes, and such.

If they decide to change the rules again, like how Hypnosis' accuracy changed mid-4th generation, that could be an update added through DLC as well.

If Game Freak does ANY DLC, I'd bet the farm that adding in formes and ruleset changes would be how they do it.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
I think we're all missing the very obvious application of DLC.

New formes have been added within every generation since their introduction. Imagine DLC for D/P that added in the Platinum forme additions like Origin Giratina, the Rotom formes, and such.

If they decide to change the rules again, like how Hypnosis' accuracy changed mid-4th generation, that could be an update added through DLC as well.

If Game Freak does ANY DLC, I'd bet the farm that adding in formes and ruleset changes would be how they do it.

I don't think DLC will be applied this way. DLC will only be used for optional content, not framework alterations. New Pokemon or forms is a possibility, but not rule-changing updates.

KazukoHimura

"I guess I'm just a bit hungry..."
Years
It would be cool if they released the WiFi event Pokemon as DLC afterwards, so in case you miss an event, you can later download a DLC (for free or a small price). It really sucks when you buy the game too late and miss an event Pokemon you really wanted to have.

I second this option. Character clothes as well, or stuff like the PWT sounds good.

But I will scream if I have to buy my way to the Elite 4 or a completed dex.

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
Yeah, I bet that there iwll be downloadbale content for both X and Y. DLC is a money maker, and Gamefreak is dumb if they don't add DLC to these games. It's good for the company, the fans usually want DLC and the company will make loadso ff of DLC. I could see DLC in the form of new items such as clothes and keys ot unlocking new type of Pokemon or events.

Back