• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon - Ultra Violet Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 24, 2018
but whenever I go to her house she always mentions the mail and union room
is there ever a time when she stops sending you to 4 points isle

im on android btw
idk if that makes a difference
but its happened twicw now

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
swounds like your using an old patch... my first release did not have 4 points islands and was only a 251 patch...

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Sep 16, 2013
Fix for the game freezing when pokemon evolve after beating the E4 (based off what I did 3 minutes before this post):

1. beat the E4 again.
2. don't have pokemon fighting that could evolve during the fight.
3. let the game save using the in game save
4. load that file after reset
5. talk to Prof. Oak
6. go to Oak's lab and receive nat'l dex (again) and instructions to go to 4 point isle
7. level pokemon to test evolution working.

possibility i'd like to test.
1. go straight to Oak's lab and see if he has anything to say to you.
2. listen to what he says if he does.
3. level pokemon to test if evolution freezes game still

awesome hack, LSA. are you also on a lockpicking forum?

P.S. method two worked as well, but it took two tries. using charmander > charmeleon for testing against E4 Lorelei.
If you cancel evolution to attempt to continue, the game will freeze going to Bruno, btw. the only fix i have found is to talk to Oak about the 4 point isle. it seems to fix everything, testing a second evolution.

P.S.S. second evolution of Pokemon worked, squirtle > wartortle. do NOT use speed boost on VBA when evolving. froze it after the fix when testing first time.

P.S.S.S. Defeating E4 again resulted in game freezing for wartortle> blastoise evolution. did not talk to oak after defeating E4 before this error. have talked to oak about 4 point isle previously. never visited 4 point isle. going back and speaking to oak did not fix error. still froze when going from wartortle > blastoise

Finally got wartortle > blastoise to work (third evolution tried after initial glitch fix). it required loading the save from beating the E4 (the game autosave). based off of what i am seeing, it is a glitch caused by skipping the game "ending" and continuing straight. Whenever I picked the "YES" option after Oak, the rival, and I run out of the building, it causes the evolution freezing the game glitch. A save can be fixed after this happens by defeating the E4 and using the in game autosave. This leads me to believe the glitch is caused by the feature of skipping the game reset after the E4 battles. AKA, if you are using an emulator that can't use the in game save, you're screwed as far as I can tell.

Going to 4 point isle seems to have affected nothing.

Emulator used= VBA 1.8.0 beta3
ROM= Pokemon Fire Red with ultra violet 1.22
not sure of pokemon fire red version. don't bother asking unless you can tell. all i can do is send you the rom (i made a copy before i patched it)

Summarization:
1. beat the E4.

will fix saves that currently have the "freeze when evolution occurs" glitch.
If you can't use the autosave, I think you're screwed.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
Fix for the game freezing when pokemon evolve after beating the E4 (based off what I did 3 minutes before this post):

1. beat the E4 again.
5. talk to Prof. Oak
6. go to Oak's lab and receive nat'l dex (again) and instructions to go to 4 point isle

P.S. method two worked as well, but it took two tries. using charmander > charmeleon for testing against E4 Lorelei.
If you cancel evolution to attempt to continue, the game will freeze going to Bruno, btw. the only fix i have found is to talk to Oak about the 4 point isle. it seems to fix everything, testing a second evolution.

P.S.S. second evolution of Pokemon worked, squirtle > wartortle. do NOT use speed boost on VBA when evolving. froze it after the fix when testing first time.

P.S.S.S. Defeating E4 again resulted in game freezing for wartortle> blastoise evolution. did not talk to oak after defeating E4 before this error. have talked to oak about 4 point isle previously. never visited 4 point isle. going back and speaking to oak did not fix error. still froze when going from wartortle > blastoise

Finally got wartortle > blastoise to work (third evolution tried after initial glitch fix). it required loading the save from beating the E4 (the game autosave). based off of what i am seeing, it is a glitch caused by skipping the game "ending" and continuing straight. Whenever I picked the "YES" option after Oak, the rival, and I run out of the building, it causes the evolution freezing the game glitch. A save can be fixed after this happens by defeating the E4 and using the in game autosave. This leads me to believe the glitch is caused by the feature of skipping the game reset after the E4 battles. AKA, if you are using an emulator that can't use the in game save, you're screwed as far as I can tell.

not sure of pokemon fire red version. don't bother asking unless you can tell. all i can do is send you the rom (i made a copy before i patched it)

Summarization:
1. beat the E4.

Thanks for figuring this out (non hackingly) I still dont know why its happening and cant seem to solve it in the rom... its above my skill level

and yes I am on several lockpicking forums (which one in particular)

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Sep 16, 2013
lp101. thought i remembered you from it :) i haven't been on it in a while.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
yup yup thats me. I dont frequent there as much as I used too... (im here more than there really)

Shangahyando

The odd one.
Years
PLEASE say this hack has bigger shiny chance. PLEASE. I met shiny rattata on route one and accidentally run out... then realised I couldn't get it anyways because at that poind I didn't even have pokeballs..

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2015
Saw part 1 of a lets play on YouTube and immediately wanted to download it, just wondering though what Pokemon are in the area at the start were you get to choose to catch your starter?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Sep 16, 2013
This hack has tiles you step on and make a guaranteed next pokemon shiny. apparently i have pwned several shinies without realizing it >.>

Pichu 30%
Machop 20%
Ralts 10%
Gastly 10%
Trapinch 10%
Houndour 5%
Spheal 5%
Larvitar 5%
Dratini 5%

breakdown of the starters you can catch, copy/pasted from the users guide in the rar. blame LSA if it is wrong :P

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 24, 2018
if you are trying to get the updated version of ultra violet on an android where do you recommend going

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2020

1. beat the E4 again.
5. talk to Prof. Oak

Summarization:
1. beat the E4.

So, basically, if you're using MyBoy! on Android which gets the message that you can't use the in game save, you can't play any of the post E4

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Sep 16, 2013
the only thing i could think of would be find a way to transfer the save to pc from android, beat the e4 again on vba or such, use the in game save to fix it, put it back on the android, then continue. and never beat the e4 again unless you want to do that process again. that is the only workaround i could see as viable.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
the newest version of the game allows you to skip the in game reset after the e4... just saying...

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Sep 16, 2013
LSA, the E4 skipping was what was causing the evolution glitches for me (pokemon evolves, game freezes). I never tried it with Myboy for android, but I thought that was why ChosenHero quoted my entire troubleshooting post for people with evolution glitches. ChosenHero may have misunderstood the purpose of my post.

Edit-- Page 86 of the game guide included in the .rar shows the pokemon evolution.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2015
Lol of course didn't even think to look at the GG next time I have question I'll have a thorough look of it.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 10, 2014
This is off topic but i got a Pokemon Emerald Randomizer recently, which switches up the Pokemon and changes a few stuff and in the first two routes i had encountered: Registeel, Suicuine, Squirtle, Blastiose, Aradactoyl, And other REALLY good Pokemon! XD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 24, 2017
Pokemon 278: Wingull at the last part of guide says its at the 4-point isle dock but ive walked through it for a while now and now show. in the actual guide it is not listed in the area either. im going to try to breed pelipper to get one . almost at 386 pokemon !!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back