• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Aethestode

Hacker
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=O7h533pYuLs
If everyone can just confirm the scene work with them.

i am using VBA, visual boy advance. and i am not sure how to check if my rom is a 1.0 or a 1.1. but i could tell you that i got it from coolROM.com.

To cgheck whether you have 1.0 or 1.1, just look at the intro.
1.0 = Gamefreak
1.1 = Gramefreak presents.

downloaded the latest beta and my Pikachu still started at lvl 7 rather than 10.

Also after Erica tells me to go capture Eevee I go down to route 17, talk to the trees to get Cut and there is no Eevee there! Not on the rocks or by the water! :/

Can you send me a screenshot?
1) Also did you patch using the latest patch (only)
2) start a new savefile?
3) Using FireRed 1.0 rom?
4) Did you patch on a clean FireRed 1.0 rom?

When will beta 6 be coming out? Love it so far btw

I've stopped work on Beta 6, because a few people encountered problem on the Pallet Town warping scene where ti shows Sabrina in Silph Co. So I just want to fix that issue first, because tehre's really no point in continuing if there's a major glitch there. Right now, I just want to see whether everyone else have that issue.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
My ROM is 1.0, downloaded from coolrom.com just like the other guy encountering the problem. I'll patch it on a fire red ROM from a different site and see if the glitch still occurs.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 6, 2015
yeah, i am on the 1.0. i will try to find a different version also to see if its the fireRED rom that is the problem.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 29, 2013
I didnt have a problem with the sabrina part in pallet town im stuck at the entrence to saffron with green and blue rockmanmegaman

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 9, 2013
Then it could be a good idea to do it on the 1.1

As for me the only bug or error I found using 1.0 USA was the old man on Pikachu's
Chapter, when you press X nothing appears on the screen but you can still listen
a dialog like sound.

Also on the first city I think is Viridian the message with "Viridian City" doesn't last
enough time to as for to realize is the name of teh city.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 6, 2015
maybe i just have to restart everything over and start fresh and delete my .sgm file. and can this file save in the game with the .sav file or does it just run with the .sgm file??

Aethestode

Hacker
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
I'll wait a week before resuming work.

Then it could be a good idea to do it on the 1.1

As for me the only bug or error I found using 1.0 USA was the old man on Pikachu's
Chapter, when you press X nothing appears on the screen but you can still listen
a dialog like sound.

Also on the first city I think is Viridian the message with "Viridian City" doesn't last
enough time to as for to realize is the name of teh city.

What makes you think it's a great idea to do it on 1.1? If I do on 1.1, I have to start over.

Last edited:

Shiarra

Ghost Of The Forest
Years
Well the new beta didn't fix that glitch i had, so i have to start the entire game over, ugh.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Hey I have a question. I just ran into a trainer with a pair of nidoran and they had a move called "Fairy Storm" and it packed quite the punch. Do all nidoran get this? Never mind, they learn it at lvl 23. And what other non-fairy type pokemon get fairy moves?

Another note, still love this hack! The graphics update came out nice and everything just plays great. When I get to the end I'll let you know if I get the same issue that everyone else is getting. Keep it up man

EDIT: Also, I noticed Ivysaur didn't evolve at 32, are leaving it for (SPOILER ALERT?) the event at Saffron City?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
When will beta 6 bcoming our are you still gunna wait a week

seeing as he just said that he will wait a week earlier today, I would assume that he is still planning to wait. And seeing how the Safron City chapter is a really long one (going by the manga, it is) I'd hold off on expecting it within the next few weeks. Need I remind you guys that beta 4 released back in early August? Crafting a game this good takes time.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 9, 2013
Dang! that sucks...

I don't understand how moding a rom really works but isn't there backup files that you could
apply over the new rom?

Why should you have to start over from the scratchs.

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2015
is it possible to request for the progress percentage of the hack on the first page?? for those who havent read the book yet

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
ummmm im having troubles in lavender town on beta 5.5 but i went to fugi and rested but i cant go to the pokemon tower yet what do i need to do or give me the link to a post that tells me what i need to do or do i need to get a clean fire red rom and like repatch it

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
is it possible to request for the progress percentage of the hack on the first page?? for those who havent read the book yet

It's about 75%-80% through the main chapter.

Oh, and I patched it over a new ROM from a different site and was able to go through the cut scene of Koga, Sabrina, Lt. Surge, and Giovanni with no glitch, so I think it was just the ROM that was the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
It's about 75%-80% through the main chapter.

Oh, and I patched it over a new ROM from a different site and was able to go through the cut scene of Koga, Sabrina, Lt. Surge, and Giovanni with no glitch, so I think it was just the ROM that was the problem.

so im guessing the second part is for me and so i should get a new rom and repatch it and start over

Last edited by a moderator:

Aethestode

Hacker
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Dang! that sucks...

I don't understand how moding a rom really works but isn't there backup files that you could
apply over the new rom?

Why should you have to start over from the scratchs.

Few people said they encountered the warping glitch. I tried that scene plenty of times, and I have no problem with it. It could mean their rom is bad, or my rom is bad. If the rom I used is bad, do you honestly expect me to continue using a broken rom?

Back