• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Secrets and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
Years
Yay! Updates!! I dont care where it goes to as long as it is released!! Route 3 connection data? Why would you need to change seeing as Kanto is already in Gold? Unless you are making it from scratch...

Well yes Kanto is in gold and silver, but they made almost every route and some towns smaller. And given the way Gold and Silver's data works, if you repoint and change the size of a map, you have to fix the connection data otherwise it does not work properly. The problem comes in when you follow the formula how it claims it is supposed to be but something does not work properly and you have to go back and figure out why.

Innocence

PC Lurker: I'm watching you...
Years
You're a brave man, anything I learned about connection data has gone way over my head...Actually It's one of the few things I can't do.

Anyway, I love the hack, keep going with it, and don't rush the beta. Nobody wants glitches in this game, it'd be too confusing to tell what was intentional or not :P

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
Years
Alright everyone, update!

Things are moving along pretty well. Not exactly sure on a release date, as always not gonna rush it, but route 3's map is working now and all so its just a case of getting events done, mapping mt moon, and adding in a few features I won't announce yet, but it is definitely getting close. I will also announce there will be some new areas in Kanto that weren't actual rumours but are worth finding and definitely interesting. Some will be easier to find than others, but all will be worth it :)

Cartmic

Hi there, it's been awhile.
Years

Things are moving along pretty well. Not exactly sure on a release date, as always not gonna rush it, but route 3's map is working now and all so its just a case of getting events done, mapping mt moon, and adding in a few features I won't announce yet, but it is definitely getting close. I will also announce there will be some new areas in Kanto that weren't actual rumours but are worth finding and definitely interesting. Some will be easier to find than others, but all will be worth it :)

Iv always liked hacks that take Kanto and extended features too it, kind of like Pokemon Generations by BG translations, which was set in 2015.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021

Area's such as Bill's Secret Garden? :p

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2012
I have never really liked Gold and Silver hacks, but this one looks like it will be good. I can't wait for the next beta to come out.

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
Years

Excellent to hear!
I've always liked Skeetendo's work

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2021
Well it's quite off topic but I was thinking......

Since this is a gold hack that means that Johto is going to be in it right?O.o

Then why not include also the rumors for gold/silver in this?

For example.....

1: I remember when I was a child hearing something about a giant Bellsprout in Sprout tower!:P

2:Or one I read on a site!
[quote from a site]
Cyboreon

1. Get the Eevee from Bill in Goldenrod and evolve it to Espeon.
  2. Get a second Eevee from the Celadon City Game Corner and evolve it to Umbreon.
  3. Give Umbreon and Espeon in at the Day Care Centre.
  4. Wait until they have both reached at least Lv.50.
  5. The man will be outside with an egg.
  6. Pick up the egg, Espeon and Umbreon.
  7. After about 10,000 steps the egg hatches into Eevee.
  8. Raise it to exactly Lv.50 and use the Moon Stone.
  9. It evolves into Cyboreon, and learns attacks like Rainbow Hyper Beam up to Lv.100.It is a Dark/Steel Pokémon and its number is 252.[/quote from a site]
I think that Cyboreon is one of those famous pokegods people are talking about!

Nalesnik

My mom thinks I'm cool
Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2008
very interesting and unique concpet, I'm looking forward to this hack. keep it up

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
I dont think Johto's in, because it's Kanto and a whole new region by Skeetendo. So, I guess all the Gold rumors cant fit here (or maybe some can? I dont remember any Gold rumors... probably people learned to stop making fake rumors XD

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
Years
As of right now, there aren't plans really to add the Gold and Silver rumours, as for the most part thy are pretty hard to find and that wasn't the original plan, although it is possible some could find an analogous equivalent in the new region. We will just have to wait and see ;)

Also today, not having anything "important" to do (school, fix my girlfriend's car, etc.) that means I have plenty of time to work on SaR so expect another update later tonight(or I guess tomorrow depending on the time where you live, lol)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
As of right now, there aren't plans really to add the Gold and Silver rumours, as for the most part thy are pretty hard to find and that wasn't the original plan, although it is possible some could find an analogous equivalent in the new region. We will just have to wait and see ;)

Also today, not having anything "important" to do (school, fix my girlfriend's car, etc.) that means I have plenty of time to work on SaR so expect another update later tonight(or I guess tomorrow depending on the time where you live, lol)

Can't wait to see the update my friend, tell Pyro I said hi :3

Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2009
Awesome Idea for a hack. Secrets and Rumors? Can't believe I never thought of it. I hope it gets finished.

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
Years
Hello! Sorry to keep you waiting. My name is Mateo, I'm a rom hacker from Skeetendo, inc. This thread is inhabited by things we call posts, man!

Nonsense aside, lol time for th update. I apologize for not getting it up when I said, my internet was onthe fritz so Im posting it now that it works!

Route 3 is almost done, just gotta insert a few trainer scripts is all it lacks, and there is also 1 of the new places in Kanto mapped already. I won't tell you a lot about it, I will let you find it on your own and check it out, but it will be well worth it. The demo is getting closer and closer and better and better as it goes.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
Hello! Sorry to keep you waiting. My name is Mateo, I'm a rom hacker from Skeetendo, inc. This thread is inhabited by things we call posts, man!

Nonsense aside, lol time for th update. I apologize for not getting it up when I said, my internet was onthe fritz so Im posting it now that it works!

Route 3 is almost done, just gotta insert a few trainer scripts is all it lacks, and there is also 1 of the new places in Kanto mapped already. I won't tell you a lot about it, I will let you find it on your own and check it out, but it will be well worth it. The demo is getting closer and closer and better and better as it goes.

Good to hear Mateo, can't wait to see everything myself :3

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
Years
awesome!! Cannot wait!! I dont seem to remember many rumours at the beginning of the game though...

simplynaruto

Banned
Years
Ah a gold hack. The best really. Anywhe is the night/day system going to be in? Cause I always wanted to travel kanto by night. Also are you going to add the crazy german dude gym leader? And yes I read the old thread.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
Ah a gold hack. The best really. Anywhe is the night/day system going to be in? Cause I always wanted to travel kanto by night. Also are you going to add the crazy german dude gym leader? And yes I read the old thread.

Well, naturally the day and night feature is going to be in the hack because it is a hack of a game that already has that implemented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back