• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

HunterZero

Maverick Hunting til the end
Years
Gene Kitoshi Location- Deepest depths of the Forest:

"Man we've spent so many hours out here and nothing has been found yet,"A blonde haired man yawned as he walked beside his Blastoise and Jolteon. It had been only a few hours since he had arrived on this island and he was already lost. He was headed toward the academy to get things settled with the Oak guy but kinda got a bit sidetracked. He figured that he'd do a little investigation around the island to see what was up. The reason he was there was to look after the place after all it was his job. He continued walking for a bit until he came onto an opening in the forest where he saw a group of Pinsir harassing a poor little Karrablast. Gene looked over to his two pokemon who knew exactly what to do.

Volt dashed towards the bug pokemon and then lunged in the air firing down a Thunder Bolt attack blasting three out of the five Pinsir knocking them out. Shellblaster let out a loud yawn before slowly walking over to the Pinsir, the bug Pokemon glared at the water type and both lunged at them. The Blastoise they aimed for laughed before firing a Hydro Cannon attack taking them both down.

"Well that was easy," Gene sighed as he walking over to the Karrablast that was hurt. He slowly crouched down to its level and used a Full Restore on it. "There better?" He asked as he smiled to the Karrablast and then kept moving. He knew there was something in this forest he just needed to find it.

Last edited:

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Jake - Academy Halls
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jake nodded silently as Megan spoke, acknowledging what she said and perhaps implying that she understood him right. He flinched a bit at her touch, looking up at her with somewhat curious eyes. Not having to truly lie /rocked/! He was doing great at this! A light smile came to his face. Given, if he was screwing up while not even pursuing guarded secrets he would be a pretty catastrophic failure of a spy. Megan asked her pokemon a question and Jake blinked, as if mildly surprised. He glanced at Megan's meganium ever so briefly before immediately averting his gaze, smile vanishing. Manipulating pokemon was beyond him. He didn't even want to touch that ground if at all possible, and so he deigned it best to avoid personal interaction. As Megan proceeded to show him to the office he made a point to hesitate to enter, not wanting to appear suddenly confident after what he'd said earlier. When he finally did enter he stepped to the side and turned, adjusting his shades. He was silently scanning the room behind the security of a one way projection. In other words, one couldn't see the technology of his shades on the front-side of the glasses. A particular secretary looked up and acknowledged Jake and Megan with her eyes, decidedly allowing Megan to handle her charge without interference for the moment being.

"It's pretty small for such a big school..." Jake remarked observantly. Of course, there was no reason for the main office to scale with the school anymore than any other room had a reason. It was a simple, bland remark intended to spur conversation that may or may not wind up being interesting.

Part of being a good spy was knowing how to avoid /looking/ like you were searching for info.

Jake finally turned fully to Megan, and lowered his shades, as if to get a better look at her. And who could blame him? They were indoors.

"I-uh..."

His brow furrowed. The question seemed to be implied. What did they do then? How do I advocate? Regardless of his actual real nervousness around adults, he still needed to fake it a bit in order to remain consistent with his perhaps helpless exterior. You never would've guessed exactly how much heat he was packing in his pokeballs.

Alex - ???
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alex raised an eyebrow at Nika, a not too amused look on his face. Judging by the way he was acting he wasn't all that impressed with the attitude she had given him. Yet, though the question of the future remained unanswered, for now Nika successfully avoided further attention from the rocket spy. Alex turned his attention back to Aloin, where it remained for the moment being. He seemed to listen to what Aloin had to say, though both brows went up when Aloin started talking about statistics as if there were actual numbers you could calculate. What an eccentric teacher..! Needless to say, Alex didn't necessarily agree off the top of his head. However, he couldn't help but suspect. Was it Aloin, or was it a secret of the academy's? /Could/ you calculate a pokemon's worth and strength? That would be an interesting technology to... get his hands on.

As Aloin ordered his gallade to attack Alex called out to his own pokemon, distracting it by hesitating. In reality, he was silently asking for his own pokemon to hold back. He did not accidentally want to have his Seismitoad use more powerful strategy that might actually turn the tide on the teacher's pokemon. That would look rather awkward, wouldn't it? It wasn't attention he wanted, anyway...

...Or was it.

Deciding to be a bit of a brat and do something impulsive and perhaps inadvisable, even as Seismitood buckled under the force of a dual chop from Gallade, clearly at a disadvantage, Alex called out.

"Seismitoad, give it your special touch--Drain punch!"

Seismitoad seemed to understand exactly what Alex meant. The odd lumps covering it's body began to vibrate at a particular frequency as the large pokemon drew it's fist back. It then threw a rather lackluster punch at Aloin's Gallade, only despite lacking a great deal of force the attack would do /incredible/ damage to the other pokemon! The secret? Seismitoad was generating vibrations at Gallade's resonant frequency. (See: The phenomenon made famous by the destruction of Tacoma Narrows Bridge) Even weak pokemon could deliver terrifying blows under these conditions, blows that could reduce rock to rubble and warp steel. The move wasn't exactly working in Alex's favor of not drawing any suspicion, but he couldn't help himself. He was sure he could handle any questions thrown his way regardless.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years

Ruby Sapphire Fiona Destiny

Ruby thought about her family at home and started to wonder how they all were doing. She was esspecially wondering how her other pokemon were doing at home. suddenly a boy started talking to her, startling her a little as she hadn't noticed the boy was near her.

"Hi I'm Jack" the boy introduced himself. "Saw you doing nothing so I thought I'd just do nothing with you" Jack also started to stare outside. 'o-oh sorry, i hadn't noticed you were here.' Ruby apologized first before introducing herself. "i-i'm Ruby, nice to meet you."

Hikari layd down on Ruby's lap to calm her down a little, it worked, Ruby smiled a little and started to pat her little Poochyena.

Another boy walked up to them, someone similiar. "Hey guys. How you doin'?" Kilik greeted them, his Shinx climbed on the couch and took a seat between Jack and Ruby. "aww you're cute~" Ruby said to the little Shinx. "hey there, Kilik." Ruby greeted him. "what's your name?" Ruby asked the Shinx, it probely would be weird for the Shinx that she could understand him. Hikari started to rawr on her lap. "don't worry Hikari, you're cute too." Ruby said, and continued to pat her.

Roxas Jaden Asakura

Alice's confidence seemed to drop. "I-I'm sorry...I'm still...not used to it..." she mumbled. 'o-oh! i really didn't ment it like that!' Roxas quickly apologized.

Alice seemed really upset about what Roxas had said, even Jello seemed to get mad and did a new move, Alice looked up at her Solosis, maybe a bit suprised, but she seemed to have been crying judging from the tear on her cheek.

Alice asked her Pokemon what that was, she seemed cheered up, Jello explained it happened because he saw his trainer sad. 'i'm sorry Jello... i really didn't ment to hurt your trainer.' Roxas apologized to the pokemon as he walked up to the girl and her Pokemon. 'i'm sorry, Alice...' he rubbed the tear on her cheek away with his finger and gave her a little hug.

'let's call it a day, tomorrow i'll learn you new tricks, maybe it also would a clever idea to find out about Jello's new move.' Roxas told her. Obilivio came over too now, looking rather coldly. 'thanks for the battle Jello.' he thanked him in Pokemon language.

Last edited:

Flyborg

I was halfway to Gotham City
Years
Wess Stacker

"Finally here."

Looking upon the the academy aboard the S.S. Gateon, Wess was stunned by the vibrant scenery surrounding it. This is definitely not Orre he thought. He gazed over to his pokemon. Franklin the Scraggy was riding Muddy like a mechanical tauros, much to the Quagsire's dismay. Remedy the Chansey started laughing at the duo, and Wess did soon after.

Muddy, very much annoyed, finally managed to sling Franklin straight into the air, caught him in his mouth, and then proceed to spit him out. The saliva covered scraggy paused for a second, before letting out a chuckle. Muddy just rolled his eyes.

Wess then proceeded to get everyone in their pokeballs. Steeping off the boat he noticed another ship called the S.S. Aqua and in the distance saw a boy in a green beanie.

"Awesome another student, lets hope he's nice." Normally he wouldn't be so forward; he would much rather be the approachee then the approacher, but he wanted to have at least one close friend here.

He walked behind the boy and greeted "Hey there, are you exited as I am?"

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Arti was just about to set off when a voice suprised him from behind.

"Hey there, are you as excited as I am?"

Arti spun around, putting his best goofy smile on, and pulled his hand out of his pocket for a hand shake. He saw a young guy, big afro, glasses, gangly looking, and wore a button up shirt and khakis. The kid screamed dork, but he looked like a nice guy, so Arti wasn't particularly bothered. He just hoped people wouldn't immediately reject him when they saw the two together.

Being friends with the guy can't hurt, and I certainly don't want to make enmies within the first ten minutes of his stay...

"Hey there! I'm pretty excited, this is my first time outside of my region. I'm Arti, from Unova! So what's your name?"

Years
Jack Jacobs
Pokemon Center

It was a really party now as Kilik announced his presence to Jack and the newly introduced girl Ruby. "Hey...Kilik" last time Jack saw this kid they were mid way in a battle before Kilik just froze up and Jack just walked away so seeing him wasn't the best of times but Jack didn't have a problem with him per say. Kilik's shinx did burst his way between Jack and Ruby though so Jack decided to just get comfortable the little alone time he wanted with this pretty girl was gone.

Ruby's attention was with the shinx so Jack decided he would have a little chat with Kilik although he didn't seem really in a regular mood. "So......you seem down, what happened failed a class or something" Jack wasn't trying to be rude in anyway and hoped he wasn't coming across that way but if he wasn't talking about pokemon or trying to woo a girl, he could sometimes come off like a non caring person but that wasn't really him.

Blade on the other hand was just looking around the center, really for him there was nothing to do, and Jack was just waiting for Kilik to spill his guts on how he was feeling....

Flyborg

Years
The boy turned around and greeted Wess with a big smile. Upon closer inspection, he noticed he was all skin and bones, he was wearing some cool sunglasses too. He offered his hand.

"Hey there! I'm pretty excited, this is my first time outside of my region. I'm Arti, from Unova! So what's your name?" Arti gleefully asked.

"It's nice to meet you Arti, my name is Wess. This is my first time out of Orre, so we have something in common." Wess replied, while shaking Arti's hand.

Wess sighed. "This place is so different from Orre. I had to camp out in one spot for a month to see a wild pokemon, but I see a pack of lillipups to your left."

Gold19

Yes, I'm that One Guy
Years
Dante Redson --- Location-Entei Dorm

While sitting on his bed, Dante's stomach started to rumble with hunger. So with that, he picked up his backpack and took out the heavy jacket and placed it in the closet. Dante then started to head out of his dorm room while grabbing his pokeballs and pokemon team. Dante continued to run out of the dorm and headed for the cafeteria to get some food.

silverexorcist

Individualism in Normalcy!
Years
Aloin

"I can see by the look on your face that you're skeptical of my words." Aloin said as Gallade raised its arms to defend against the Seismitoad's drain punch. The collision caused a shockwave to go through the pokemon, but it didn't give an inch against the attack. "It's seems cruel to look at pokemon that way, isn't it? But I'm afraid that it is true. You'll find that pokemon may be weaker to physical moves rather than to special moves. Those who know their pokemon well can tell where their pokemon's strength lies."

Even as Aloin said this with a smile, he was hiding his wariness. For some reason, this Alex had used a fighting type attack despite having heard Nika's pokedex clearly state that Gallade's dual type included psychic, rendering the attack nearly useless. It was powerful, but not the most effective move offensive-wise. Was he aiming to keep his own pokemon's health up by taking a more defensive stance?

"Nika," Aloin glanced back at the girl briefly to make sure she was still there. He had been so focused on the fight for a moment, he wasn't sure if she had still been watching. "Watch this boy's fighting technique. Try to see if you can find anything wrong with it."

With that, Aloin turned his attention back towards his Gallade. He'd only seen the Seismitoad use one attack, but he had decided it would be best to try and pressure this boy a little more.

"D'Artagnan, let's not hold back this time. Use leaf blade."

Gallade swiftly shifted its arms and pushed Seismitoad's fist away from him, leaving the pokemon open as one of Gallade's elbow blades extended and glowed a luminous green as the pokemon swiftly slashed at Seismitoad.

Years
Holly looked around as she walked. So I guess I'm going to be here for a while.,she thought. Molly was staring at Skye,thinking. No one's ever been this nice to us... I guess not everybody in this world is mean.,she thought. Holly noticed this and frowned. "Molly... what's wrong? Is Lumina bothering you?",she asked. "No,I'm fine. I was just thinking. "OK...",Holly said.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Arti Dell

"Huh?! Oh," Arti looked towards the Lilipups.

"Yeah, those are really common in Unova. Funny seeing them way out here. I heard Orre has no wild pokemon...must be tough as a trainer there. I'm pretty lucky, I live right by a gym, and my dad and I train there. We specialize in bug pokemon, as you can see."

Arti pointed his thumb at swadloon who was resting on his shoulder. Larry was crawling on the ground by his feet.

"By the way....what dorm are you in? I'm in Raiku, but I'm just glad I could be here really..."

Arti looked back at Wess and smiled. He noticed the sky was turning dark.

We should find our dorms before it gets too dark...

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Rosalyn Smith
Academy Grounds

Rosalyn looked at Jimmy and grew more nervous. She didn't know what to say to him and she was afraid she would make things more awkward if she told him the truth. But she also didn't want to lie to him. What kind of a friend would she be if she lied. But also what would happen to their friendship if she told him. Rosalyn was sure Jimmy was just starting to get used to having a friend. Did she really want to throw that away by telling him something when he as of the moment didn't know to notice the obvious.

"Well...uhh...you see" she started to say "ummm..I really don't know how to say it..uhh. or even if I want to" she sighed and hit her forehead with the palm of her left hand.

"ughh why is this so difficult" she groaned.

Flyborg

Years
Wess Stacker

"Meh, we still have tons of egg vendors." Replied Wess. "And i'm in Suicune, not that it matters, it all comes down to effort on entrance exams."

It was getting late, and seeing Arti's swadaloon reminded him of being wrapped up in bed. "We should get checked into our dorms. I'd love to battle you right now, but i'm running out of juice. Take care."

With that he walked off; happy to have made a friend already.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Jimmy Vincent
Academy Grounds

Jimmy was more confused by Rosalyn's actions. She was struggling to tell him what was happening to her, most likely some feelings, but didn't seem to be confident enough to tell him. The rebellious looking boy then had this urge to try to help her.

It was all so confusing to him. Ever since he arrived at the Academy, he had been shown a whole new world. A world full of people who were friendly to each other, of people who cared about each other. A world he could not understand. Yet.

He closed his eyes and took a step forward, then placed his hand on Rosalyn's shoulder, without saying a word. Something told him that it was the right thing to do, to make her feel comfortable. She was his best friend, whether he wanted to admit it or not.

"Easy there..." he said.

Alice Crenshaw
Academy Grounds

Alice felt odd when Roxas approached her, apologizing for what he said. Then the boy wiped the tear off her face, and gave her a hug. She quickly wrapped her arms around him and buried her face in his chest, trying to hide the fact that she was blushing.

"I-It's ok...really." she said timidly, "Thank you, Roxas."

Jello, meanwhile, took a deep breath after the battle was over. Obilivio, Roxas' Lucario, thanked him for the battle. Jello was extremely tired, but he enjoyed the battle. It gave him this feeling that he hadn't experienced before, and he liked it.

"Thank you..." Jello said, "It was a great battle..."

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Rosalyn Smith
Academy Grounds

Rosalyn bit her lip as she struggled with what to say. She was worried about how Jimmy would react to it. He could respond the same way or it could ruin their friendship she didn't want to risk it. oh what do I do?! she looked down and was trying to bring herself to speak when she felt a hand on her shoulder and heard Jimmy's voice say "Easy there..."

Taking a deep breath Rosalyn looked up at her best friend and sighed. "thanks Jimmy" she said softly before biting her lip again. "how to say this" she muttered before shaking her head. She was about ready to argue with herself but that wasn't the best idea right now.

"L-Listen Jimmy. Umm...well...you see..." she tried to talk again before she finally gave up. "I'm not really sure what it wrong, I mean....it's more like I don't know how to say it...ughh" she sighed again.

"thanks for caring enough to ask, and I promise once I figure out how to say what's wrong I'll tell you" she smiled slightly and gave him a hug.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Jimmy Vincent
Academy Grounds

Jimmy stood next to Rosalyn as she kept struggling to tell him what was wrong with her. Eventually she gave up because she couldn't tell him what she felt, apparently she didn't know how to say it and how the rebellious-looking boy could react. But she thanked him for caring and gave him a hug.

Then, without much thinking, Jimmy put his arms around Rosalyn, hugging her back. This was the first time he was actually okay with hugging someone.

"Take your time." Jimmy said, "And take it easy, okay?"

No other human being had ever seen that side of Jimmy before. A mean kid with a temper was now being caring and somewhat nice. Maybe he finally acknowledged that Rosalyn was his friend, not only that, she was his best friend, and his first one too, and decided that being mean to her was not actually necessary.

If Smokey saw this he would probably faint again. James Eugene Vincent, the tough kid from the streets of Saffron City that he knew for such a long time, being nice and comforting to someone...was something that he couldn't believe. The Weezing would probably think that it's some kind of illusion and that Arceus is somehow playing a trick on him.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years

Kilik Chambers - Pokemon Center

502.png
571.png
207.png
403.png

Ruby took notice of Tentou when he hopped between her & Jake. She smiled at Kilik's Shinx. "Aww you're cute~" she cued, petting Tentou. Finally she saw Kilik standing by. "Hey there, Kilik," she greeted back, turning her attention back to Tentou. "What's your name?" she asked him.

Tentou was confused as to how the girl will figure his name when he can't say Tentou. It's worth a shot. He rawred his name out to Ruby to answer her question. Tentou!

"Hey...Kilik," Jack greeted back a little slowly. Seemed he was having some alone time with Ruby. Kilik's mind was still a bit on the news. "So......you seem down, what happened failed a class or something?" Kilik wasn't about to tell them what he heard. He wasn't just gonna give them the news about his father after they recently became friends.

"No, it's not that," Kilik stated, "& I'm not in the mood to talk about it."

"So, I see you two finally met. Anybody feel like going exploring?" Kilik suggested. Right now he wanted to get his mind off of his father in the hospital. Going on an adventure, in a group, will cheer him up. He awaited an answer from both Ruby & Jack, thinking where they might go.

Last edited:

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Arti Dell

"Yeah, see ya, Wess," was all Arti managed to say, "Oh! And it was nice meeting you!" he called as Wess walked off towards his dorms. Arti wanted to do something before he left. He Pulled out his sketchpad, and a pencil, and quickly sketched a rough Wess, bearing down on his propped up knee. He labeled it "Wess - Friend" below before closing it. He didn't have anywhere to put it, so he just carried it under his arm. He would have to buy things before tomorrow, since he didn't even bring a change of clothes. But first, he wanted to see his dorm. He started off towards the Academy buildings, hoping he could find someone to show him around. He saw two boys around his age talking and eating fruit from what looked like a tree. Closer speculation revealed the tree was actually a trophius, but it was way bigger than Arti had imagined them.

Whoa he thought, I've seen pictures of these things, but I didn't know they ever got that big...it must be one of theirs, a wild one wouldn't be so calm around them.

He started walking towards them, hoping to find out where the Raiku dorm was, or even to make some new friends. It was really dark now, so he pulled his shades to the top of his head, resting on his beanie.

I'm suprised Larry behaved for Wess, usually he gets me into trouble. He shot a warning glance at the bug, who was illuminating the air around Arti slightly. Larry buzzed in amusement. As Arti got closer to the two, he called out.

"Helloooo! Sorry if I interrupted anything, fellas, but you see, I'm new here and need some help finding my way around..."

He stopped when he was an arms reach away and stuck out his hand again.

"I'm Arti, by the way. Raiku dorm, but don't hold it against me," he said, following up with a pleasant smile.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Nika Valentine

Nika shifted her hold on the egg case and its precious cargo, carrying it around all day was giving her the most awful ache in her arms. The teacher was asking her to try and see flaws in the other students strategy... why? Was he unable to see them himself, relying on her to guide him to victory?

You're being paranoid again. Calm down.

Of course. She needed to control this distrust, this drive to find hidden truths and meanings in everything. He was a teacher here, his job was to teach. This was just an exercise to help her further her education. And that was why she was here, wasn't it?

"Seismitoad is a pokemon from my home region, Unova. Dual water and ground type, very popular amongst serious trainers. Drain Punch is part of one of the most popular strategies for Seismitoad, you see it used often." She nodded towards the Seismitoad, as though emphasizing her point. "Traditionally, the user opens their battle with Aqua Ring to gradually replenish health, then uses Drain Punch regularly to further counter-act any damage taken while either destroying or wearing down their opponent, dependant on type interactions."

"It can be even more effective if they have the ability 'Poison Touch', giving a strong chance that the enemy pokemon will become poisoned in the duration of the battle. As I said, it's a very popular strategy of attrition, and quite possibly what this young man is using. He's neglected Aqua Ring, but some do, feeling that its minor health regeneration is negligible compared to the time it takes to activate. We also don't know his Seismitoads aility, so it may or may not be Poison Touch." Nika shrugged slightly, her face remaining impassive throughout the analysis. "Or he may have used Drain Punch simply as an opening gambit. Impossible to say really."​

Flyborg

Years
Wess Stacker

After getting settled into his dorm, Wess plopped on his bed. He was still ecstatic about the academy, but his body wasn't. He decided to release his pokemon to break them into their new dwellings, and to let them stretch. He always wondered what the inside of a pokeball is like, but figured it must be cramped in there.

Wess' pokemon were also pooped, especially Muddy and Franklin due to their escapades on the boat. The pokemon looked around, impressed with the neat and clean accommodations the suicune dorms usually have. Frankiln's eyes were set in one thing in particular: A bean bag chair in the corner of the room. Without skipping a beat, the elastic pokemon made a mad dash towards that awesome cushion, and falling asleep soon after getting situated on it.

Wess let out a chuckle. He then saw Remedy lean on a wall and then close her eyes. Muddy was curled up in front of the bed giving the sleeping scraggy the stink eye; he wanted the bean bag too. Sitting up on his bed Wess could see a great view of the ocean, and that reminded him of the billowing waves of Gateon Port. Don't tell me i'm already getting homesick. thought Wess as he closed his eyes. And with that, he was out cold.

Back