• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Development: Pokémon Fire Red Hacked Engine

Haru~

Can't resist the chubbiness :3
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2012
JPAN explicitly stated that you can't register items created using his method (in the Items thread, If I remember correctly).

Oh, I see. I didn't remember seeing it here or in the manual but meh.
Thanks for the heads-up! :)

I noticed that if you use the temporary status inducer and in battle your hit with something like toxic, you're still poisoned but the status that appears on your pokemon is the one you set at var 8004.

Am I doing anything wrong?

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2013
Hi here, I have a question...

I downloaded this engine but I dont want to patch my rom (I already did it and it messes me up my game, but I know why and that's not my point), instead, I want to use the hack applier to apply some of the hacks. However I don't see here the hack for new Palettes which supposedly enables new palettes on 0x1A2400.

How can I do? Do I really have to apply the whole patch? I don't want to remap and rescript everything in the game...

Kaith

Hacker of Fire
Years
Wow, this seems amazing. I haven't applied it yet cus there are a few things I don't understand.

First, does this need to be applied to a clean rom, or is it alright to apply it to the rom I'm working on right now?

Second, if I'm understanding correctly, if I apply this hack then all scripts before the 0x800000 area will be erased right?

Thirdly, will this mess up any maps I've already made? So far all I've done are the maps for the start of my game to the second gym.

I've also connected a few warps and placed overworlds where I wanted them. I started a little bit of scripting but it's nothing I can't redo easily.

looper

German Hacker
Years
If you already have something edited, you should use the tool and not the patch :)

The Patch will only delete the old scripts, not the newer one, but maybe they will be overwritten by new data....

Years
For some reason, when I apply the Overworld hack with the Hack Tool, the overworld changes (where you get 256 new tables etc.), and the changes at 0x1a2000 don't take place. This mean I cant have custom overworlds etc. without applying the patch, which for some stupid reason gets rid of all header scripts, regardless of which part of the rom they were inserted in, and I dont really fancy going back and inserting all that.

Help would be appreciated.

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
For some reason, when I apply the Overworld hack with the Hack Tool, the overworld changes (where you get 256 new tables etc.), and the changes at 0x1a2000 don't take place. This mean I cant have custom overworlds etc. without applying the patch, which for some stupid reason gets rid of all header scripts, regardless of which part of the rom they were inserted in, and I dont really fancy going back and inserting all that.

Help would be appreciated.

Habe you tried pressing the button Get Changed Data? I applied the overworld hack with no hero change or dynamic OWs and pressed it. This is what I got.

Years
Hm, because I've applied the hack before and didn't take note, it just says that the hack has already been applied, however at the offset you've shown (which also appears when I applied the patch on a clean FR ROM), is not the data, and on a ROM with it applied, it's just FFs, so I can't do a search to find it either.

This is quite an annoying problem :/

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
Anyone found a way to make the following pokemon script to work in Fire red ? Don't know if it worked since the last time I saw a topic about it.

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
Hm, because I've applied the hack before and didn't take note, it just says that the hack has already been applied, however at the offset you've shown (which also appears when I applied the patch on a clean FR ROM), is not the data, and on a ROM with it applied, it's just FFs, so I can't do a search to find it either.

This is quite an annoying problem :/

Ahh, I think I solved it. Well, hopefuly. Try pressing save rom and then go to the hex editor with it. xD

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2014
How do I use the Wild Pokemon Data Switch (Special 0x58)? What I want to do is this:

#org @start
comparefarbytetobyte 0x203C00 0x6 (checks if it's night time; unrelated to issue)
if 0x1 goto @itsnight (unrelated to issue)
release
end

#org @itsnight
**change the wild data to Taillow (14-17), Murkrow (14-17), Pidgey (14-17), Hoothoot (14-17), Nidoran (f) (13-16), Nidoran (m) (13-16), Bellsprout (14-18), Jigglypuff (13-16), Squirtle (10-12), Torchic (10-12), Abra (13-16), Chansey (14-18)**

I could not understand the guide at all. If someone can show me how to do everything, I, along with many others, would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
I have a suggestion(if this is still being updated):

-a way to remove the "rival naming" portion of the intro (i'm currently trying to figure out how)
-battles that continue scripts when you lose (not trainerbattle 0x9; i'm looking into this as well)

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
Well, Im not exactly sure about the continuing scripts but here is something that can help with the first problem.
http://www.pokemonpoint.com/guides/naming-the-rival-from-a-script-on-firered/

ok, i got it to work to the point where it actually resets the game at where the rival would show up. i can't seem to get it to continue. the game just resets when i get to that point.

EDIT: nvm, i fixed it, didn't know i had to turn my offsets+1 into pointers. learning is fun. xD

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
How do I use this to get the 60000 Over world Sprites and the 4600 different Palettes?

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2019
Hi everyone, I have 3 question.

First question, I use the Special 0x18B show uncompressed picture, It's work! But how to close the picture?

Second question, This Pokemon Fire Red Hacked Engine v1.1 patchers has a function to display full-sized images? If no I suggest to add this function. Conveniently say this question, this patchers has pokemon follow player to walk function? Like Pokemon Yellow/Heart Gold/Soul Sliver.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Years
^ I'm pretty sure you just use "hidepokepic"

How is special 0xcb supposed to be used? I can't seem to figure it out.

The following script is meant to make it so when the player pushes B, they will be warped.

Spoiler:
It doesn't seem to work. It blocks A from working, but doesn't activate the script.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2017
So, I'm using this hacked engine. Mainly, because I need to use his Runtime Trainer Customization function. I kinda figured out how it works through the .doc, but I have a problem with the way it works. I used the Overworld Editor - Rebirth Edition to edit the basic hero sprites (hero standing and hero walking). I figured that by the time I use my Runtime Trainer Customization script, I still don't have my Running Shoes, Bike, VS Seeker or Fishing Rod, so why change those sprites. I wanted to use the first command (Setvar 0x4054) to change my walking/standing Hero to the original look. I would change the look of a random NPC to that of the original Hero, so that when I use the 'Setvar 0x4054' command, my hero would have the original look again. To pre-test it, I just used the 'Setvar 0x4054'-command on a random NPC. I gave myself the Running Shoes, to see how it would look. When I went outside and ran, I didn't get the old Hero look though, it was the random NPC 'gliding'. No running animation, just the basic standing sprite moving through the screen.

How can I get it to work that I start the game with my 'new' Hero look, then have the command change my appearance, so that the rest of the game I look like the old/normal Hero?

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2019
^ I'm pretty sure you just use "hidepokepic"

How is special 0xcb supposed to be used? I can't seem to figure it out.

The following script is meant to make it so when the player pushes B, they will be warped.

Spoiler:
It doesn't seem to work. It blocks A from working, but doesn't activate the script.

Special 0xcb is for display full-sized images? If it the pointer is load the a full-sized images offset? And last question a full-sized images is needed how much pixel?

Thanks you very much.

Years
Um no, I was asking how could I use special 0xcb, its got nothing to do with you haha.

in any case, the GBA can only display sprites of 64x64, any larger and it has to be a tilemap. You just need to use the hidepokepic command to hide the sprites you display with special 0x188.

Back