• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is this card rare or carbage?

Years
Okay so I bought some Pokemon cards today and one card really sticked out, I don't know if it is false, if it is I can't see it or feel it, and it looks real. But I don't know, is it worth anything if it is real? or should I throw it away? xD As you can see it isn't Omanyte on the 'evolves from' picture

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
Wow! Well, even if it is fake, I think you might keep it, for novelty value and just because you bought it.
I'm afraid I'm not able to provide much assistance, but I did look up Bulbapedia's Error Cards page and I couldn't find Omastar on there. Is this Omastar card fairly new? (How long would it have taken for somebody else to notice, in the hypothetical case that all Omastar cards contain that error?) Because if it somewhat recent, there's a chance that it hasn't been added onto the Error Cards page yet. I also couldn't find Omastar on the error and misprint list on a site called Pojo (which I have never heard of before, but it came up on Google).

HOWEVER, in case you haven't seen it yet, I found this! (Unless that's you on DeviantArt. Hehe.) So, somebody else has noticed!

Anyways, I apologize that I'm not really able to help much! All the information I have (which is very little, anyway) I found via a couple quick searches on Google. But I wish you luck!

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2013
The card is 100% fake, unfortunaly, yes if everything but the evolution sign was there then it'd probably be rare, but I've never heard of a Omastar misprint, and yeh.

That text is a REALLY popular faked card text, I've seen it loads, Idk why whoever made them didn't copy text... Also, 110 HP seems a little high for Omastar, I may be wrong, anywho, sorry man.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
It is definitely fake. I've seen lots of cards like this at dollar stores. Sometimes they come in realistic-looking booster packs, but they also come in blatantly obvious fake boxes. The fonts are clearly wrong and there is far too much space between the HP digits. The back of the card is a bit too saturated, giving it more of a purple look. The back probably isn't as glossy as the front of the card and, as you tilt it in the light, the black parts probably reflect more light than the rest of the ink. If you hold it up to a light source, you'll be able to see through the card, which is one of the most well-known ways to tell if a card is counterfeit.

I have a holographic Slowbro card with over 400 HP, a Rhydon that evolves from Hippopotas, and a Zapdos named Zapdops. They aren't worth anything, but I keep them for LOLs.

As far as I know, the only OFFICIAL card to have had the wrong evolution icon was Base Set Wartortle (had a picture of itself in the evo box).

Years
Thank you for you're replys, I guess it is a false card, but I'm glad the other cards in the same pale isn't false.
But I guess I will keep it just for fun :)

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Thank you for you're replys, I guess it is a false card, but I'm glad the other cards in the same pale isn't false.
But I guess I will keep it just for fun :)

Even if the other cards don't have this particular error, it's still likely that they're fake. Skim the cards over for typos or do the light test to make sure.

Renpuu

Gengar !
Years
Yep. This card is a fake. It looks funny though, it's up to you if you wish to keep it.
Did you buy them from a seller from a store ? Online Purchase ?

Years
I'd definitely check the others to see if they're fake, as they probably are, like Akiyuki Aretukasu said above.

Although the light test isn't our most accurate test anymore because the fakes have gotten thicker.

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2013
Yeah like others have said if this was from a pack then the others will be fake too however if these were like bought as a bundle from a seller or something then your others may not be and it could have slipped in there when the previous owner had them. Defo check the others bro :)

Back