• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★ → The Official PokeCommunity Adoption Center [Read first post!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

Official PokéCommunity Adoption Center
547.gif
Please contact Cirno if you need help or have questions about the Adoption Center!

What Is The Adoption Center?

The Center is a unique program here on PC that, to sum up, allows new members to apply for a mentor to tour them around certain parts of the forum. Basically, these mentors all have experience in their listed sections and will gladly tell you if a thread you plan to make is within the rules, help you figure out which part of a section your thread would belong in, and in general familiarize yourself with the section!

Not only will you have an easier time getting around the forum with a mentor, but you'll also make a very special friend! So what are you waiting for?​

How This Works

Firstly, if you haven't made your introduction post yet, I encourage you to! Just make sure you read through the New Users / Welcome rules before doing so. An intro is not mandatory, however; it's only encouraged. So if you would prefer not to create an intro thread, that's all right as well! :D

You can begin your mentee process by filling out the form below. If you would prefer not to fill this out, I would at least like you to tell me what section/board of the forum you are most interested in.

But before you do anything, take note of the following requirements to apply for a mentor:

To be eligible for a mentor, you must have been active for less than two (2) months, OR have less than 100 posts. Returning members who have less than 100 posts also qualify.

As of August 28th, the form has gotten a bit of an update. I'm still testing this out, so if this form proves to be easier to understand, it'll be the new form from then on!

However, for ROM hacking/Emulation or Game Development mentees, there is a catch! Please do not apply for a mentor if you're only looking for someone to help you make your ROM hack or game (whether it be wanting someone to join your hacking team, scripting assistance, and anything that's more or less not forum-related), because you'll be unfortunately out of luck. ): The purpose of this program is to help new members get more acquainted with their favorite sections and move on to being experienced members once they've "graduated" and feel they no longer need a mentor. Requesting a mentor solely for help with making a hack/game will only make you take up a mentee slot in that mentor's roster for longer than is necessary.

This honestly goes for each section. However, as the Adoption Center gets a high volume of people requesting ROM hacking mentors and a large portion of those mentees seem to really only want help with creating their projects, this had to be included. Please only request a mentor if you want help with a particular section on PC, not assistance with your own work.

Finally, onto the form:

HTML:
[B]1. What section/board are you most interested in?[/B]
[B]2. What other sections/boards do you want to venture in and and learn more about?[/B]
[B]3. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here?[/B]

YOU MUST USE THIS FORM, NOT THE PREVIOUS FOUR-QUESTION LONG FORM.

September 20th, 2012 Update: Okay, I noticed some people have been using the old form even a month after it was updated. I've been letting this go for a while, but I'd really appreciate it if you guys could use the new form since it's easier for me to find proper mentors for you that way. The new form has only three questions, not four; please refer to the first post for the proper form. Do NOT copy and paste forms made by other members and use that as the for base, please. This is to ensure you don't end up filling out the old form that should no longer be in use.

If you're confused, you can check the following breakdown chart of each question:

Spoiler:

Once you properly fill out the form, you will get a reply from either me (Cirno, the moderator of New Users / Welcome and the one currently in charge of managing the Adoption Center) or the mentor that's interested in adopting you as soon as possible. I'll try and pinpoint which mentor would be best for you going by your interests. Sometimes there will be several mentors who are compatible with you, so you can take your pick on which one you would prefer.

So yeah, make sure to check back in this thread once you've made your reply!​

Thread Information

Please only post here if you're applying for a mentor or are suggesting yourself, as a mentor, to a mentee. Introductions do not belong here; they belong in their own thread!​

Some Things To Take Note Of

Please stay active!
If you have been paired with a mentor, you are expected to stay relatively active. Disappearing off the face of the earth will only make your mentor think that you lost interest, so they'll likely drop you off of their list and move onto the next person.

Respect your mentor
Be nice to your mentor and do not disrespect them. This is a given!

Don't take advantage
The job of a mentor is to show you around the boards you are interested in as well as giving you a brief look at how PC works. Please do not request a mentor just because you have a simple question about something or want assistance with your work. That means no requesting a mentor to tell you which anime episodes you should see, to help you rate your competitive battling team, or to ask for help in making your ROM hack.

Let your mentor know if you no longer need help!
If you feel that you learned enough about the section you applied for and no longer need help, be sure to thank your mentor for his/her hard work and contact me, Cirno, confirming this so I can take you off of their list. You should make sure to notify your mentor of this as well, since otherwise they will assume you merely lost interest in the mentorship.

One mentor per mentee
You are to get together with one mentor and one mentor only due to the high volume of requests. Please do not request more than one mentor.​

ROM Hacking Information

As stated above, please do not request a mentor if you just need help with making your ROM hack or are recruiting team members. A ROM Hacking mentor is mainly there to guide you through the Emulation section, perhaps suggest some nice hacks to you, show you some useful resources, and so on. Below are to sticky threads from the Emulation section which might prove to be helpful.

Frequently Asked Questions
ROM Hacking Simple Questions Thread
Script Help Thread
ROM Hacking Resources
Tutorials
Toolbox
Help Recruitment Thread

In Conclusion...

We hope you have an enjoyable experience here at the Adoption Center as well as PokeCommunity! If you have any questions regarding the program, which includes requesting a mentor, the process, or any problems you may have encountered, you are more than happy to ask Cirno!​

Credit for this guide goes to previous NU/W moderator, Meganium90, as well as Cirno.

Last edited by a moderator:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

Mentor List

Updated August 28, 2012 | As of the 28th, the mentee lists have been reset!

Mentor List

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

The above is a list of all the mentors you can choose from! Keep in mind that some mentors have a bold red unavailable sign next to their name, meaning you cannot apply to take them until they return back to mentorship.

We have a mentor in every section, so you'll definitely find the one you like most~!

Mentors

So, you're interested in becoming a mentor? This position definitely requires reliability and eagerness to teach your mentee! The mentor positions are only given to those we feel are active and know their sections well enough to teach a new user about them.

We are looking for mentors in the following areas: Challenges, Emulation, Game Development.

You may be placed on the waiting list if you are applying for other areas. We'll only consider those who are applying for the sections currently in high demand (listed above).

Requirements for becoming a mentor:
1) Little to no infractions (old infractions will be investigated)
2) Active for more than three months (90 days from your actual join date)
3) Prove your activity by posting at least once every two days (we will see your statistics for this)

So, do you qualify? If so, then fill out the application (located below). All fields are required! Once you have finished, send it via PM to Cirno. Please do not post it here!

And finally, onto the mentor application form:

Spoiler:

Note: By submitting this application, you understand that the positions are limited in scope and you may be put on a waiting list. You also agree that becoming a mentor is up to PC Staff discretion, and that you may also be removed at any time if you are deemed either inactive or unsupportive in your role.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rayshin

Lurking to the max.
Years
Just gettin' the hang of this thing, posting. |hehe. hehe.|
1. What boards are you most interested in? Creative Discussions, I guess.

2. What board are you most interested in getting to understand? Fan Fiction and Writing ; Art Gallery

3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? Maybe the Off-Topic Discussions forum, cause lots of stuff happens there, mostly fun and exciting. |I guess.|

4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Mostly sprite and write.

~Always.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Great to see ya, Daniel! And you're first person to post here in the newly-made thread! :D

Well, since you're interested in the Creative Discussions section as a whole, we have Abnegation for that...as well as Kura who is more than welcome to show you around that section as well. More specifically, we have Livewire, Razor Leaf, and Shining Raichu for Off-Topic, Cirno for Art Gallery and Astinus for Fanfiction & Writing.

I know that's a bunch of mentors I mentioned. xD Be sure to read their bios on the second post to read more about them. Come back and post what you're interested in the most and I'll see which mentor I can hook you up with. :D

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Hey there Daniel! I'd be happy to take you on buddy. Well you're welcome to shoot all your questions and so forth via PM.

Alternatively you can add me on the following instant messaging clients:

MSN: [email protected]

If you add me on the latter, be sure to PM me your email too just in case. Catch you a little later friend!

Rayshin

Lurking to the max.
Years
Thanks! Though I haven't got Skype, and I dont use MSN. Guess PMs will have to do.

~Always.

Jessey Lawson

I like Nintendo prototypes
Years
  • Age 29
  • US
  • Seen Apr 21, 2013
1. What boards are you most interested in? roms, role play, video games,
2. What board are you most interested in getting to understand? probaly roms, becuase on my last one roms were not allowed so all the rom stuff confusses me.
3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? yes, if someone would like to. I don't want to be a bother. I gues mabey the games I think and any place where you could talk about Nintendo.
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Mostly sprite and write, find out how this site works, and share what I know.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Welcome! We have DrFuji and SwiftSign for Emulation/Rom Hacking if you are interested in that. We also have Captain Fabio and Hybrid Trainer for Technology & Media (including video games. :D) as well as Miss Doronjo and PkMn Trainer Yellow for Roleplaying. :D They are all more likely to show you around the site as well as teach you the basics as well. :)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Awesome! He's been waiting for someone like you, actually. I'll be sure to contact him in just a bit. For the moment, sit tight and explore the forums a bit while we await for Hybrid Trainer. :D

Akuroma

I love Colress so much.
Years
Hello, I would like a mentor.

1. What boards are you most interested in? Pokemon Clubs
2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand? Pokemon Clubs & Roleplay Corner
3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? Maybe the Trivia parts.
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Have fun.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Hello, I would like a mentor.

1. What boards are you most interested in? Pokemon Clubs
2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand? Pokemon Clubs & Roleplay Corner
3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? Maybe the Trivia parts.
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Have fun.

Hey there, I think you're going to be my mentee n.n My favourite section and the section I moderate are Pokémon Clubs, as well as Role Playing and Pokémon Trivia both being my second favourite sections, so I don't think we could be more perfectly suited for each other! :D If you're happy with me mentoring you then I'll contact you ASAP and we can get started c:

Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2013
1. Roleplaying
2. Roleplaying, Hacking and Emulation
3. Maybe..
4. i want to chillax and chat as i make friends, but i`m also making a n00b-y rom hack

Years
1. What boards are you most interested in? General Pokemon Gaming, Challenges
2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand? Competitive Pokemon Gaming, Trading
3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? I guess i would like to expand my horizons whilst im here
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Meet people and have fun. :)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
1. Roleplaying
2. Roleplaying, Hacking and Emulation
3. Maybe..
4. i want to chillax and chat as i make friends, but i`m also making a n00b-y rom hack

You might want to explain #3 a bit since it doesn't tell me anything. :/

Well, you have two interests right there! ROM Hacking and Roleplaying. You know, I'd be more than happy to take you on if you'd like a mentor right now (since you PMed me earlier that prompted me to make that choice) but if you're looking for a specific mentor, there's DrFuji and SwiftSign for Emulation as well as PkMnTrainer Yellow and Miss Doronjo for Roleplay Corner.

1. What boards are you most interested in? General Pokemon Gaming, Challenges
2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand? Competitive Pokemon Gaming, Trading
3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? I guess i would like to expand my horizons whilst im here
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Meet people and have fun. :)

Sydian is the mentor and moderator of General Pokemon Gaming and Challenges! I think she'd be the perfect mentor for you if you're interested in that area. :D She can also expand you in trading as well.

InvictoX

Water Trainer/Researcher
Years
  • Age 37
  • NC
  • Seen Aug 12, 2013
I want a mentor! :)

1. What boards are you most interested in?
The Challenge boards! I already RP and want to do some of those challenges!
2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand?
The Challenge boards and the Emulator boards, I am still having some difficulty understanding some of the rules, and how people are posting pics of their pokemon and screenshots of their games, I would assume it is with the emulators, but thats why I want to know more about the emulator boards! to find out how to download/run them so I can play the Pokemon games I dont own! :)
3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums?
Yes! As a Pokemon Researcher (cliche I know) I want to learn all I can about anything and everything pertaining to Pokemon!
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here?
As I said, learn anything and everything I can! I dont necesarily want to be the best, I just want to learn everything! :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2012
1. What boards are you most interested in? Im interested in the challenges
2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand? Getting to understand the challenges and the hacking
3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? I would like to eventually venture out into the hacking, and learning how to help people find solutions to any problems they are having in hacking a game.
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Improve on my forum skills and hacking skills to help out the community.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I want a mentor! :)

1. What boards are you most interested in?
The Challenge boards! I already RP and want to do some of those challenges!
2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand?
The Challenge boards and the Emulator boards, I am still having some difficulty understanding some of the rules, and how people are posting pics of their pokemon and screenshots of their games, I would assume it is with the emulators, but thats why I want to know more about the emulator boards! to find out how to download/run them so I can play the Pokemon games I dont own! :)
3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums?
Yes! As a Pokemon Researcher (cliche I know) I want to learn all I can about anything and everything pertaining to Pokemon!
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here?
As I said, learn anything and everything I can! I dont necesarily want to be the best, I just want to learn everything! :)

1. What boards are you most interested in? Im interested in the challenges
2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand? Getting to understand the challenges and the hacking
3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? I would like to eventually venture out into the hacking, and learning how to help people find solutions to any problems they are having in hacking a game.
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Improve on my forum skills and hacking skills to help out the community.

For the both of you that are interested in Challenges, we do have Sydian who is more than welcome to take on both of you if you like. I assume the user I directed him to is no longer interested in mentorship, so I'll have to move on to you both. :)

In the case of Bazmo, since you're also interested in ROM Hacking we also have DrFuji and SwiftSign who are ROM Hacking mentors. Depends on what you're actually interested in.

Both of you let me know if you're still interested and I'll be sure to contact the mentors for you. :D

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2012
Thanks for the quick reply to the post, with the challenges it is more about getting set up in them and how to have the list of challenges I am doing to show at the bottom of my forum posts I guess. With the hacking it would have to be from the start of it as I know nothing to be honest about it. I did see somewhere someone had done part of Pokemon Yellow, not 100% if it got completed but I was looking into finishing off that game if it isn't done, and then in the future just helping out other people with any problems they have making their own Hack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back