• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerBLADE

1000://PowHammers
Years
I've been wondering about this for a long time, but...

What are your inspirations for creating roleplays? I mean, more than a fundamental level.. could there be something more that helps you create your roleplays? Take me, for example. Music helps inspires me in particular ways. The majority of the time, I create roleplays that have a hidden meaning of music I hear, or maybe other small life lessons that comes to mind. All based on a popular series, or maybe something new entirely.

For example, a short while ago in a different forum, I created a roleplay that was inspired by a song made by Paramore: "Still Into You", that gives me the idea that love is a nice thing, and it's really nice to just be with someone that you really care about.

It was thrown that together with two series that I was familiar with, Fire Emblem and Pokemon, and thus, my old replay 'Ye Olde Pokemon Journeye' was recreated. Basically, it was a roleplay about pokemon set in medieval times, but there's sort of a message on where people interacted and really wanted to be with their pokemon, despite the discrimination by people in the olden days where they might of thought that pokemon were blood-crazy monsters.. Basic themes of love and friendship.

Uh. If that makes sense. XD Is it the same for you all, where you get your inspirations from somewhere... whether it be a particular theme you loved, or some other secondary source, or, maybe your roleplays have all been created from the heart? Or, maybe this is too deep? ;_;

Last edited:

Bleacher

Chaos Worshipper
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013
Well, Johto Journeys is inspired by lyrics of two songs (Contagious by Searchlight and New Divide by Linkin Park) and the film New Police Story. Minor inspirations are from the german film Cargo, pokémon manga and Vato's RP Hoenn Réburst.

Oh yeah, important announcement. I am working on a Crysis based RP, if anyone can provide some help or have suggestions, PM me.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Right now I'm working on an RP based of the Philosophy of Time Travel in Donnie Darko. And thats pretty much all I can account for as far as the creation process goes.

Some of the inspiration also comes from the Watchmen and Kick-***

Years
Honestly my inspiration is... nothing really. The idea for RPs pop into my head, I spend some time fleshing out the story and gameplay - occasionally taking something from a book I'm reading or a show I'm watching - and then once I have finished refining it over a long process I find out if the idea interests people and if it does I post it, if not (or if I myself lose interest in the idea) it gets filed away for later.

And now for some shameless plugging! :D

Reapers: Keepers of the Balance [Most Original 1Q 2013] currently has four open places.

Pokemon: Journeys through Novia currently has one slot still open.

Pokemon Survival Challenge v2 currently has six open spots.

If you would like more information just click on the links, which will take you to OOC page of the RP, or PM/VM me.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
Advertisement!!!

Two new spots have opened up in Youkai Academy!

Ever wanted to Roleplay as a Vampire, Succubus, Mermaid, Crow Tengu, Fairy, Lycan, Neko or any other Youkai? Then this is your ultimate chance!

I suck at advertising... xD

Just click on the banner!

Colour me intrigued.

I'm thinking of looking for a more structured RP, either chapter based or not, I just fancy something to contrast against the rp's I'm currently in.

Should I give Youkai a check out? I read the OOC / intro when it first started but I have failed to keep up with it.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
Colour me intrigued.

I'm thinking of looking for a more structured RP, either chapter based or not, I just fancy something to contrast against the rp's I'm currently in.

Should I give Youkai a check out? I read the OOC / intro when it first started but I have failed to keep up with it.

How about Atlantis Awakening or Aerion, both quite structured and running at perhaps a slower pace than most RPs, giving you more time to think and write, both are also in spots where RPers are able to join.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Colour me intrigued.

Colony took one spot so currently only one spot is open now c: Youkai Academy is running pretty slow and the RPers are pretty much nice to anyone and… random xD so don't be suprised when someone says something funny and everyone else makes puns or jokes related to that.

Right now we're on the second IC day and beating up an enemy c:

You said that you read the plot so I guess I don't have to explain that. I also tend to add new Youkai races as time passes ^^ as for the classes, Ryuu gives 2 classes each day which sometimes contain important information about the Roleplay c:

oh, and Youkai Academy is chapter based ^^

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
I've been meaning to make a RP of my own for some time, and after all this fuss with North Korea I thought it would be interesting to have a Pokemon RP based around a region which has dictatorship? The RP will obviously be dark and elements like death and torture might also be in it.

The main objective of the RP will be to escape the region and move to a better one. How does that sound? I haven't drafted anything yet so it would be nice to see some ideas :)

tigerBLADE

1000://PowHammers
Years
I've been meaning to make a RP of my own for some time, and after all this fuss with North Korea I thought it would be interesting to have a Pokemon RP based around a region which has dictatorship? The RP will obviously be dark and elements like death and torture might also be in it.

The main objective of the RP will be to escape the region and move to a better one. How does that sound? I haven't drafted anything yet so it would be nice to see some ideas :)

That does sound interesting! I've been a huge fan of dark-based pokemon journey RPs for a while now, and I really do recommend more dark RPs of the sort!

I actually had something similar planned; a region is ruled by a king, with his nation. But, well, the king is generally the "bad guy" so the region have themes of corruption, fear, and so on. It's.. a rough idea, but, there's much more in store planned! :3

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
CHECKMATE : redux still has room for one more player. A male priest, to be specific. I plan to kick off the IC thread and actual roleplaying on monday, if the other RPers have finished their SUs by then.

So unless Raikiri comes waving his arms and screaming that he wants the spot before you've finished your SU, you are welcome to grab the spot if you feel like you have time to be devoted to this RP ^^ The RP is based on Homestuck's SBURB game, loosely in some areas and very strongly in others.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
That does sound interesting! I've been a huge fan of dark-based pokemon journey RPs for a while now, and I really do recommend more dark RPs of the sort!

I actually had something similar planned; a region is ruled by a king, with his nation. But, well, the king is generally the "bad guy" so the region have themes of corruption, fear, and so on. It's.. a rough idea, but, there's much more in store planned! :3

Sounds kinda similar of what I wanted to do, haha. The problem I'm having is actually how I should involve Pokemon into the RP, since I'm guessing the Pokemon would also be controlled by the king/dictator, otherwise it's not really controlling the region, right?. Maybe he has some kind of physic power that keeps control of Pokemon? Or some kind of Ghetsis mind control thing in the anime where the Pokemon go out of control but instead here the dictator/king has full control of the Pokemon's actions? I dunno. I'm just blabbering ideas now.

But yeah, it sounds great. If you in the end make the RP I'll probably be one of the first to join :3

Years
I love the idea Scyke, now hurry up and make it xD

Also, I'm not sure but perhaps he has placed strict laws on the usage of pokemon and has an army of pokemon those laws don't reply to? Parhaps through them (and a few humans) he enforces his laws.

Claire*

Here's to the crazy ones.
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
So I was wondering what the market might be for two RPs I've even tossing around. I'm not sure if I'm the only über scifi fangirl around these parts, but I guess it couldn't hurt to ask. With the release of the new Star Trek movie soon, I've really wanted to do something in that universe. Now, what better than mixing one of the most popular RP types...*cough* academies *cough* with space ships and aliens? Star Trek even has a built in canon place. "Starfleet Academy". I'm thinking open world on campus, with a well guided and structured main story that provides groupings of players a personalized story along the way.

That was just one. The second one is a little more...hard to describe. In a world quite similar to our own, each player is the ruler of their own country. Each country and leader has their own personalities, foibles and history. The player is part of a greater "UN" like organization that is responsible for dictating global policy. I was hoping to show off the underbelly of politics with scandal, dirty deals, etc. Maybe even a dice mechanic that let's PCs attack one another for story purposes.

Anyway, those are the brief pitches. I'm on my mobile right now, so I couldn't type out everything. Not really sure if I have the crowd for these here. If not, then back to plotting my game of thrones/temerair/pokemon style universe.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
I've thought of a similar idea with you guys, though a bit different in details. In my idea, there is a nation in a Pokemon-only world, and there is the evil King who commands armies willing to do as he bids. Here's the thing, though. This is the first Kingdom the world has ever known; mind you, there was no strife to speak of before. This evil that has started with the rule of the King is a completely new thing to the world. So, its residents begun to wonder how it came to be, what is causing it, and such. A group of heroes sets out, looking to find answers and a way to stop the madness.

The Age of Heroes, I would call it.

Bleacher

Chaos Worshipper
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013

ADVERTISEMENT

15 yrs have passed after the Johto saga, the world has changed much. Team Rocket is back, only to be challenged by a technologically superior Team Neo who plan to claim what is rightfully theirs. Can a ordinary bunch of teens thwart their plans? Or would they get crushed between the two evil. . . .

Do you love Johto based RPs? Can you take gore, Can you take death, because this RP is not for sissies. Then what are you waiting for?

You can play either Team Rocket or Team Neo or good ol trainers. Remember, your choices throughout the RP decides who will win. It is a dark journey based RP with little level restriction and aimed at mature players. Want more info? Visit my RP today!

Years
@Clair - Both of your sound kind of interesting but tbh I think the first would get boring pretty quick, no offence to you it is a great idea but I don't see many ways to keep the plot interesting. The second would probably be difficult to pull off (imo) but I love it :D

@Ray Maverick - That sounds pretty good actually. Sounds like there will be a lot of politically based RPs coming about.

@Everyone - No details yet but I'm currently working on a new RP for when any of mine conclude xD. More information to come later :P

Claire*

Here's to the crazy ones.
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
No offense taken at all, Gimmie. That's why I was asking for opinions. :3

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
If I may present you with a more formidable version of my idea.

From the Making, to the Age of Heroes, written by a Pokemon

Arceus created our world, shaped it with his infinite arms. He filled the world with water, raised lands and mountain, he planted the flowers and the trees, so that he may rest in joy. But the world quickly grew lonely. He created the living to walk upon it, us. Pokemon. Seeing how weak and vulnerable the first of our kind were, he filled the world with the fury of the elements and gifted us with their powers, so that we may defend ourselves, from us. But the elements themselves turned against us, fiercely ravaging the world that our god had created. Sixteen Plates rose from each of the elements of the world, circling around him, allowing him control over the world he himself had created. Order came at last, and the world was at peace, but the elements required guarding. He chose a few of us and named them Paragons (AKA Legendaries), assigning them with the mission of guarding the ferocity of the world itself and ensuring its stability. He gifted them with wisdom and brilliance, and great power. But their enormous task, as well as the power they bore, oppressed them in such way that they developed into entities far more powerful than common Pokemon. As our numbers grew over the thousands of years, these Pokemon had retreated to their havens, their forms forgotten and spoken only in legends. Now that the world was under control and stability, thanks to the Paragons, Arceus could rest at ease. He, like the Paragons, retreated to his haven, marking the end of the era which came to be known as the Making.

In the first of societies, we lived in the wild, with our instincts as our guides. As the eras after the Making passed, Arceus stirred from his haven to lay his eyes on our world once again. He saw fit to give us a gift equal to that of life: civilization. Wonders were raised, high as the mountains, cities sprouted across the land and sea, and we ourselves progressed and evolved, gaining new powers, as well as knowledge, more power thus. The first of us built Arceus the Sanctum of the Original One, a place where they would show our faith in his divinity, pledge for his protection and beseech his blessing. Seeing that his work has a decent outcome, he saw fit to bestow a part of his own powers upon the world. We basked in that blessing for years, until corruption arrived. The consequences of our evolution and newfound powers soon became clear. Our abilities broke the equality and balance that was well established – the superior could vastly overwhelm the inferior, now that they had acquired means of the great power lent by Arceus. Hierarchy was created then and the world came to be known as a single vast Realm that was ruled by one Pokemon, presumably the chosen one of Arceus; but that was a false claim they used to boost the faith of their followers - Arceus never consented to such. Tyranny overwhelmed civilization for years and the residents of this realm suffered from the constant wars for the ultimate monarch's seat.

Until one day, when the living sighed in despair and the dead lay in the ground by the thousands, the Paragons united to put an end to this – they came upon the decision that Arceus's power was too dangerous to be free upon their frail world. They were to seal Arceus's power, away from the reach of the mortals, but Arceus himself would not approve. After a cataclysmic battle with the Paragons, the Original One was put to rest in the Sanctum, while eight of the Sixteen Plates were parted from the rest and scattered throughout the world by the followers of the Paragons, to ensure his rest was continued and undisturbed. Their efforts to stop Arceus had exhausted them, and so when they had regained their rightful seats in their havens, they slipped into a deep, dreamless slumber, content that the peace and freedom had been restored in the land. Arceus's vast and overwhelming powers were drawn from the world… but remnants of it still persisted. It appeared in those who carried the Plates, the ones who were guided by the Paragons. Often amongst their descendants, a prodigy would be born, showing great prowess and an affinity for using one of the elements particularly well. They came to be revered as heroes and envoys of the Paragons themselves, destined to carry out the peace they had established by protecting the power of Arceus, keeping it sealed well within the Sanctum of the Original One.

The era that dawned after the seal was put on Arceus's power was named the Age of Heroes.

[/cue the end]

The plot beyond this is quite simple. The Dread (or Dark) Plate is found by the latest King of the Realm and is used to fulfill his evil, visibly, purposes, and a hidden one as well. Now, the heroes starring have the exact opposite goals of the Paragons: they believe that if they wake Arceus, by uniting all Sixteen Plates again, peace will be restored. So, they set out on a quest to find and gather the remaining Plates, while having to deal with this King and many more obstacles along the way.

How does this sound?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back