• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Essentials Manager [v2.0 Released]

LorisC

Nothing is real, everything is permitted!
Years
umU3SgC.png

Hi to everyone.

I made a program to speed up the process of adding and editing Pokemon entries in Essentials.
Mainly I created it because of a project I making, but I decided to release it for everyone shortly after the completion... Now let's talk about the program itself!

Older Updates
Spoiler:

Update 1.7
Reworked the UI, now things are clearer and better readable than before.
Also added some features.
Update 1.7.1
Fixed some bugs.
Update 1.7.2
Fixed some more bugs and added some time saver functions.
Update 1.7.3
Fixed some bugs.
Update 1.7.4
Added the possibility to reorder Moves.
Update 2.0
Rewritten a nice amount of the code to better organize things, that way it'll be a lot easier for me to add new functionalities (it was becoming a complete mess!).
Also fixed some bugs and edited some things in the Interface.
Update 2.0.1
Fixed some minor bugs.
Update 2.0.2
Fixed another minor bug!
There is still a small issue with names that don't get updated in certain cases, but that can't cause any problem because when saving the updated names are used in every case.
Update 2.1
Fixed a pretty important bug that was occurring when saving forms.
The program was doing some things badly, and the result was the loss of all the forms! (yes, that happened to me too! You can imagine how many nice words I said to myself!)
Now everything's fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Instructions on how to use the program:
(There's a spoiler because I know there's always someone who wants to skip everything and jump to the download link!)
Spoiler:

Here's the Download Links: Latest Version (2.1) | Old Version (1.7.4)

Last edited:

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
Really nice! Been using it for a bit, and it seems to have a bit of an issue with the base kit.
In particular, I notice that opening it in the base kit, it deleted the Normal Type from my roster. Normal type has the index 0, and that seems to be why.

Outside of that, it seems to work great, though it would be nice if the move list was listed alphabetically rather than by index #.

Last edited:

LorisC

Years
Really nice! Been using it for a bit, and it seems to have a bit of an issue with the base kit.
In particular, I notice that opening it in the base kit, it deleted the Normal Type from my roster. Normal type has the index 0, and that seems to be why.

Outside of that, it seems to work great, though it would be nice if the move list was listed alphabetically rather than by index #.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll check.

EDIT
I've checked and that thing is not happening to me, so the problem must be something else.
I'll continue looking at some things I've done, mayble I'll discover the problem!

EDIT2
I think I've found the problem.
I'll release an update very soon!

EDIT3
With 1.5.2 the problem you said should be fixed.
Thanks again!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
the program crashes when i open up the pbs HEELP ME!!!!!!!!!

Seeing as it crashed, it'll most likely have given some kind of error message. It'd probably really help the creator if you posted that.

Last edited:

LorisC

Years
the program crashes when i open up the pbs HEELP ME!!!!!!!!!

I need more details to reproduce your situation.
Are you opening the pokemon.txt file from your PBS folder?

LorisC

Years
In that case something must be happening while loading your pokemon.txt.

Can you pass it to me so I can try directly with it and find what's going wrong?

Last edited:

FloofyPanthar

The guy that's making the thing
Years
I need more details to reproduce your situation.
Are you opening the pokemon.txt file from your PBS folder?

In that case something must be happening while loading your pokemon.txt.

Can you pass it to me so I can try directly with it and find what's going wrong?
Here

Attachments

• pokemon.txt
    414.1 KB · Views: 3
  • pokemonforms.txt
    5.8 KB · Views: 1

LorisC

Years
Did you fix it yet? If not, reply to this post when you find out the problem.

Found the problem, it was a little piece of file that I forgot to properly load, so the program was finding an unknown piece of Pokemon entry without knowing what to do.
With the latest update everything should work.

Thanks for the feedback.

FloofyPanthar

Years
Found the problem, it was a little piece of file that I forgot to properly load, so the program was finding an unknown piece of Pokemon entry without knowing what to do.
With the latest update everything should work.

Thanks for the feedback.

Downloaded 1.5.7 still didn't work. Here is my game (I deleted much of the audio and most sprites to save you space)

Attachments

• Pokémon ValorMystic - Copy.zip
    15.8 MB · Views: 1

LorisC

Years
Downloaded 1.5.7 still didn't work. Here is my game (I deleted much of the audio and most sprites to save you space)

Found the problem, you have 2 badly formatted move entries, these ones:
647,PRISMATICLASER,Prismatic Laser,0C2,160,PSYCHIC,Special,100,10,0,00,0,"The user shoots powerful lasers using the power of a prism. The user can't move the next turn."
648,PSYCHICFANGS,Psychic Fangs,10A,85,PSYCHIC,Physical,100,10,0,00,0,"The user bites the target with its psychic capabilities. This destroys Light Screens and Reflect barriers."

A comma is missing in both of them before the description because they don't have any flag.
I added that comma and everything worked.

Anyway I'll release an update to not let the program to crash in cases like that and tell where's the problem instead.

FloofyPanthar

Years
Found the problem, you have 2 badly formatted move entries, these ones:
647,PRISMATICLASER,Prismatic Laser,0C2,160,PSYCHIC,Special,100,10,0,00,0,"The user shoots powerful lasers using the power of a prism. The user can't move the next turn."
648,PSYCHICFANGS,Psychic Fangs,10A,85,PSYCHIC,Physical,100,10,0,00,0,"The user bites the target with its psychic capabilities. This destroys Light Screens and Reflect barriers."

A comma is missing in both of them before the description because they don't have any flag.
I added that comma and everything worked.

Anyway I'll release an update to not let the program to crash in cases like that and tell where's the problem instead.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Update: Wait actually there is a BIT of a problem, can you make the sprites compatable with the EBS sprite sorting?

Last edited:

LorisC

Years
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Update: Wait actually there is a BIT of a problem, can you make the sprites compatable with the EBS sprite sorting?

You mean each kind of sprite separated in different folders, right?
If it's only that, it's definitely possible to do, otherwise I can't guarantee anything!

Last edited:
Back